Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2020, 06:50 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Aqua Hot Igniter Inoperable

I’ve got a 375 LP and I can’t get the igniter to work. Checked the fuses and they were all good. Hot water works on electric but not gas. Any ideas?
GRedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2020, 09:11 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just some initial thoughts.

Start with the simple things first. Is the gas turned on at the tank. If you recently filled the tank, but haven't used it in a while, I sometimes have to light the LP cook stove inside...to get the gas to flow....then try running the burner on the Aquahot (make sure both electric and burner switches are on in the bathroom cabinet). If this doesn't work. Take the cover off the Aquahot, inspect the inside for any damage, like burnt wires, or regulator. Hold down the interlocking switch. Does the blower fan come on. If not, try swaping the two wire harnesses on the right side, that connect to the green buck boards. Hold the interlocking switch down again. Does the blower fan come on? If it does, you have a bad buck board.
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:41 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Recently had a similar issue and after a call to Aqua-Hot got it working. They had me remove the cover and check the resettable switches in the attached picture. One of mine was “tripped” so I was able to reset it and while holding the door plunger switch it kicked right off.

Maybe yours is similar and something easy.

The Aqua-Hot phone number is +1 (303) 651-5500 and they have been great to help T/S over the phone.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0523.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	309080
Old 11-24-2020, 05:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRedman View Post
I’ve got a 375 LP and I can’t get the igniter to work. Checked the fuses and they were all good. Hot water works on electric but not gas. Any ideas?
If you are mechanically inclined there are LOTS of ideas here in the 375 LP service manual...... http://www.aquahot.com/files/service...ManualRevD.pdf
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:49 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I saw those but they appeared closed. I’ll look again and see what happens when I depress the switch on top of the cabinet. The guy at Aqua Hot told me to tape it down. Everything was working except no clicking.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2020, 07:18 AM   #6

Quote:
I saw those but they appeared closed. I’ll look again and see what happens when I depress the switch on top of the cabinet. The guy at Aqua Hot told me to tape it down. Everything was working except no clicking.

Thanks
Does the blower fan start when you have the AquaHot switched on and the switch depressed on the cabinet?

Page 57 of the link I mentioned above walks you through the sequence of events that should happen
Old 11-25-2020, 03:48 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Had the same thing on my 400LP. Turned out the igniter had gone bad. I'm lucky to have a certified AH repair guy as my friend, he walked me through replacing the igniter. Think a new one cost about $40 but not sure. Only two wires, pretty easy replacement except for some knuckle clearance issues.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:09 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks, I’ll give these ideas a try. And yes, the fan does blow when the switch is depressed but no clicking. Fortunately it’s warmed up so heat pumps and electric hot water will hold us over until we get back to the homestead.

Y’all enjoy the holiday and thanks again for your input.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks, I’ll give these ideas a try. And yes, the fan does blow when the switch is depressed but no clicking. Fortunately it’s warmed up so heat pumps and electric hot water will hold us over until we get back to the homestead.

Y’all enjoy the holiday and thanks again for your input.
Swap the harnesses on the two “buck boosters” and see what you get. They are just inside the cabinet on the right inside of the AquaHot chassis.....common failure.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:09 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I have the 400LP, but the clicking sound on mine comes from the solenoid valve on the LP line. It clicks when it opens to allow gas to flow into the combustion chamber. I would think the 375LP would be the same. If so that means you are not getting gas, so your igniter may not be the problem. I would check the buck boosters. I have had 3 fail. Mine were easy to spot by burnt smell/electrical damage when they failed. They have went to a new style now that is supposedly more robust. It looks heavier duty. So far so good for me. If the problem is not obvious, the manual offers a good trouble shooting flow chart/diagram of what to check in order to find the problem.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:50 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
You can try to take the fuse for a few minutes to see if a "re-boot" will help. On mine, it is #16 in the small bay below the driver side in one of the fuse panels, marked Aqua Hot.

Sounds like you have been out on the road a while, but my AH takes a few power cycles (like 6-8 times turning the gas switch off then back on) to finally begin working (staying lit) on the propane side. Assume your stove will light with no problems.

My problem was also one of the buck-booster boards had fried, but it was the one that runs the fan - sounds like yours is working. Not sure how to trouble shoot the other one. If you switch the buck-booster plugs, the fan may not run, then there is a 12V bypass test in the book to see if the fan will come on, and the igniter work, then you know it is that other buck-booster.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 03:17 PM   #12

GRedman

We have a 2012 Aspire and I have the same problem with our unit not firing up. Here is the process I have found to be successful:

1. Check if the propane valve is turned on the propane tank
2. Check the propane flow by turning on your propane stove and ensure the propane is flowing evenly.
3. Check the 25Amp fuse (I think it's #16) in the bay below the driver's seat - pull and reset
4. Check the buck booster to ensure one is not blown. If it is you will see some burn around the booster.
5. Check the propane burner control thermostat (Pg 24 -
http://www.aquahot.com/files/service...ManualRevD.pdf) by pulling the two wires and jumping them together with one wire. If the burner comes on then your propane burner controller thermostat needs replaced. I have purchased an extra one just in case.

NOTE: #3 has been my culprit one time and #5 twice. Also note, if the burner comes on jumping the wires on the propane control thermostat, DO NOT leave them on assuming you can let it fire up that way until receipt of new thermostat (Don't ask me how I know ) since it will overheat and your fluid will drain out the overflow.

Hope this helps!

PS: If it is your thermostat you don't need to drain 2 gallons of fluid. Just make sure it is not hot and quickly loosen, take it out and replace. I have done that twice with very little fluid loss.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:19 PM   #13

Since RVLiving.LIFE just posted a link for 60% off AH parts - you can get the thermostat for $24 vs. $80 from AquaHot.

https://hydronicheatingwarehouse.com...q=ELE-014-005*

Regards,
Old 11-28-2020, 06:13 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Gredman, there are also 2 different service manuals for the AH 375 LP, based on your serial number. There were some slight modifications made to the unit to where some of the wiring and parts may be a little different. Check your serial number on your AH, mine uses the "revision" on the service Manual.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqua hot