Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2021, 10:53 PM   #1

Aqua hot inlet port leak

trying to figure out if i need to replace the inlet port or is there a way to tighten ? Seem to be a slight leak on top , very minute but i notice burner fluid around the inlet port , and the corrosion. HAs any one replaced or serviced these ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 11.06.43 PM.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	349911   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211126_231756.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	349914  

ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2021, 01:00 AM   #2

Looks like the compression fitting might of failed ? I am thinking of taking it off and put in a sharkbite end instead.

QUOTE=ECVB;5998569]trying to figure out if i need to replace the inlet port or is there a way to tighten ? Seem to be a slight leak on top , very minute but i notice burner fluid around the inlet port , and the corrosion. HAs any one replaced or serviced these ?[/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 1.57.57 AM.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	349916  
Old 11-27-2021, 07:02 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have the compression type fitting on our 375 LP. Luckily, I was able to tighten the nut that slides down on the compression ring to stop my leak. I also tried to remove the lower nut that screws into the AH. It’s so tight I couldn’t get it off. I even tried a pipe wrench. Someday, when I have time dedicated, I’d like to replace it as well, but at the time, didn’t want to over torque and break the AH fitting.

Cheers
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 07:45 AM   #4

I did try to tighten the nut but didn't seem to make difference, going to remove the whole nut and remove the line and see if i can reseat it and see if that works or just replace the whole thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
I have the compression type fitting on our 375 LP. Luckily, I was able to tighten the nut that slides down on the compression ring to stop my leak. I also tried to remove the lower nut that screws into the AH. It’s so tight I couldn’t get it off. I even tried a pipe wrench. Someday, when I have time dedicated, I’d like to replace it as well, but at the time, didn’t want to over torque and break the AH fitting.

Cheers
Old 11-27-2021, 11:42 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good luck and let us know how it goes
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 06:19 PM   #6

So got a wire brush and clean off all the gunk off the inlet port for zone 2 return , then loosen the nut and reseat the PEX and tighten it down.
reason i noticed the leak was my zone 2 pump went out or seems to be out as my heat exchangers in the bedroom and bathroom are not blowing hot air , similar issue last year when i switch out the the buler pumps. So i am like ugh... cause i notice the leak when i was checking the temp on the output for zone 2 was not getting hot as zone 1 output. ( Wierd thing is , when i came home yesterday i noticed a puddle of fluid on the floor from the over fill line.. which should have not as i have not added any fluid in the AQUA hot in the last 3 months and its been working fine with the tank half filled ... last time that happen was when pump 2 went out assuming that maybe if let all the fluid back into the AQUAHOT causing an over fill. o well, my next stop I will troubleshoot the pump .... . but if its not one things its another .. get this.. doing my pre check for tomorrow travel day... i did notice the bedroom heat exchangers also leaking in the engine compartment .. notice a good size puddle on the side frame.. so i check the clamps and seemed that one of the clamps was cracked .. so replaced that so hopefully that fixed that . will have to test once i figure out if the pump for zone 2 is working..

I had contacted online agua hot store and they have a parts kit for the those return ports.. once i get the part numbers , i will post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
Good luck and let us know how it goes

Tags
aqua hot, leak