Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #1

Cool Aqua Hot leaking under vanity in 42 DLQ

Hey out there: I have a severe leak in my Aqua Hot with antifreeze pooling under the vanity in the bath. It is also dripping into the water, sewage area of the basement. Anyone had this problem? How do you get to the coil connection in the other register opening to check for a leak?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #2

If you can't get to it right away,see if you can get under it from the basement and pinch off the two hoses going to it to keep it from leaking . Usually a loose hose clamp on newer units. I've a Newmar so can't help with the coil access.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
You are at least the second person recently that has reported leaks in their Aqua-Hot hoses.

It would appear that Entegra needs to double check their AH hose connections on the assembly line and then the Quality Control Department needs to step up their game a little to find these problems before they become a problem for the new owner.

JMHO

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #4

Hi again! I followed the recommendations from several of you and here are the results. I discovered that I could remove the bottom from the lav cabinet on the side where the heater coil could be seen. I found a pipe leak where the rubber elbow connected the two pipes returning the antifreeze to the aqua hot. Loosened the dislocated clamp and relocated it correctly on the pipe/elbow joint. Problem solved. Thanks for the ideas and help!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:26 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the update. Proof that things do come loose after 5 years of road miles, good eye.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #6

My AH is also leaking at two locations. One at a joint in front of the drivers side tire and the other on the passengers side about mid-ship, both are outside and under the coach.

Mine is in the shop having those connections corrected and the system tested. I'll also check the connections inside to make sure and have Entegra check on my PDI in August.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:24 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Aqua hot leaks/floor tubing leaks

I don't have any leaks - yeah!

I saw this on another Forum about a couple who basically lived at Red Bay and watched 8 hrs a day while they built their Bus. While I find it interesting there is a fine line between enthusiasm and being a PITA. My DW would never go for this. If you are interested go to OutsideOurBubble.com.

Anyway, at one point in the coach build Tiffin installs the floor heat then uses one of these Fluke thermal scanners to make sure they haven't put a nail thru the tubing or missed a leak. I think if any fellow Entegra owners have this leak problem perhaps a larger dealer might have one of these scopes. I have also seen heating contractors and Leak detection guys have this perhaps you could pay a fee and have the leak found quickly. Just a thought.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	57111  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:46 AM   #8

Dave, I know the guy you're talking about. I doubt all of his "help" will make a difference. Tiffin's floor heat is electric not Aqua hot. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:52 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I believe the tubing is installed between the floor joists as the floor stands on end and after the nailing is done...least thats what this feeble mind remembers from the factory visit.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Tubing is run after the 2x4 skeleton (with the bottom sheeting attached) is all laid out and fastened together on the chassis. Wherever the tubing crosses or goes through a 2x4 they hammer in a metal plate on the 2x4 so that when the top sheeting is attached with screws it will not penetrate the tubing.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
I get the tubes are run differently. My point is one of these thermal IR scopes might help someone, someday, find a leak or flaw.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I see that I have 3 separate wet spots on the pavement. 1above the basement freezer on the passenger side coming from a foamed sealed whole made for an electric wire pass thru. 2 and 3 are coming from beneath the flooring underneath the aquahot. Pretty discouraging for a 1 month -new owner of his 1st rv.
tucker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:46 AM   #13

Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I don't have any leaks - yeah!

I saw this on another Forum about a couple who basically lived at Red Bay and watched 8 hrs a day while they built their Bus. While I find it interesting there is a fine line between enthusiasm and being a PITA. My DW would never go for this. If you are interested go to OutsideOurBubble.com.

Anyway, at one point in the coach build Tiffin installs the floor heat then uses one of these Fluke thermal scanners to make sure they haven't put a nail thru the tubing or missed a leak. I think if any fellow Entegra owners have this leak problem perhaps a larger dealer might have one of these scopes. I have also seen heating contractors and Leak detection guys have this perhaps you could pay a fee and have the leak found quickly. Just a thought.....
Hey Dave, I guess that scanner would also detect kinks? If so, great tool!

Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
That's what I'm thinking! My point is a person could rent one of these or hire a guy who has one and really save a lot of sleuthing! They are a bit spendy if you want to buy one.

http://www.amazon.com/Fluke-FLK-TiS-.../dp/B0041GY44C

Tags
leak