Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2019, 10:37 PM   #1

Aqua Hot - My Turn

I know, there have been a lot of discussions about Aqua Hot. The only difference for me, I think, is that my model is 400LP. Here is the issue.
Turned the LP burner on and went outside and the burner was running. 1 hour later took a shower. All was fine for about 5 minutes and the water gradually went cold. I'm using the water from my tank and yesterday I made sure the fluid level was full.
Any ideas on why I don't have "endless" hot water?
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2019, 11:06 PM   #2

Burner was on an hour before your shower but what about during your shower? It would have shut off after about 10 minutes as it doesn’t take long to heat up. Did it stay off or come back on as you placed a demand? Also, check for status lights. Look specifically at pump 2 as that’s your stir pump. It moves the hot boiler fluid around to ensure that the hottest fluid surrounds the incoming cold water. Don’t know where you are nor the temp of your cold water. Really cold fresh water won’t get as hot as a more mild temp fresh water supply. When we’re in Florida, rarely run the diesel as the electric element provides sufficient heat.

FYI, I’m currently in Spanaway!
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 11:22 PM   #3

I should change my signature line. Moved from Spanaway to Yelm, where I am now. Below 40 degrees here.
Don't know if the burner came on with demand...can't hear it when I'm in the shower. Maybe I can check that tomorrow. I'll look for lights too.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:27 PM   #4

Any demand would work, kitchen sink or outside shower. If you shut the electric element off, burner should come on pretty quick.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:22 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
By chance does the aquahot howl a little bit when lighting off? If so your air inlet on the fan motor maybe out of adjustment. I have to adjust mine when it is cold outside. In my case, aquahot LP will lightoff on gas an burn and run for about 5 seconds then the burner shut s off and the fan runs to evacuate the fumes. The system does this for about 5 cycles. If my boiler fluid is hot from the electrical element, it will light off and run perfectly when it receives a demand signal. I have worked with aquahot customer service tech about this and he concluded that it was the air blower adjustment after I had performed some checks for him.

Herb
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
After rereading your post, 40 below, the aquahot would not be able to keep up with water coming out of the ground being really cold. You might want to try filling your fresh water tank and letting it warm up first. In stead of using city water.

Herb
Old 12-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I give up today Dyslexic today below 40 and 40 below
Old 12-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals1212 View Post
After rereading your post, 40 below, the aquahot would not be able to keep up with water coming out of the ground being really cold. You might want to try filling your fresh water tank and letting it warm up first. In stead of using city water.

Herb
He said below 40 degrees not 40 below.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:51 AM   #9

Yes! It does howl. I had no idea what that was. How do you adjust the air inlet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by royals1212 View Post
By chance does the aquahot howl a little bit when lighting off? If so your air inlet on the fan motor maybe out of adjustment. I have to adjust mine when it is cold outside. In my case, aquahot LP will lightoff on gas an burn and run for about 5 seconds then the burner shut s off and the fan runs to evacuate the fumes. The system does this for about 5 cycles. If my boiler fluid is hot from the electrical element, it will light off and run perfectly when it receives a demand signal. I have worked with aquahot customer service tech about this and he concluded that it was the air blower adjustment after I had performed some checks for him.

Herb
Old 12-18-2019, 01:35 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Remove the cover and you will see a black fan motor right in front of you. On the left side of the fan is a black plastic disk that you adjust. It has a allen screw in the center that you will need to loosen slightly. Important make a mark on the dial and fan before you loosen the allen screw. That way you can get back to the original setting. Slightly rotate the fan dial (very slightly) and then fire up the burner. I set my thermostats up so there is a demand for the burner, then I press and hold the interlock switch located in the right lower hand corner. I repeat the process of adjusting the air intake until the burner fires up with little to no howling

There are specific instructions in the maintenance manual located on the Aquahot website. The manual calls out a specific hole opening size but that setting didn’t work for us when it gets colder.

Herb
Old 12-18-2019, 06:21 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
wondering if anyones heard about the aqua hot guy services entegra coachs at the Quartzsite Entegra Gathering again this year?
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 06:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6CUS View Post
wondering if anyones heard about the aqua hot guy services entegra coachs at the Quartzsite Entegra Gathering again this year?
There will probably be several Aqua-Hot techs in Quartzsite at that time.

One I've used in the past (with high satisfaction) is John Carrillo. His web site indicates he will be there. Click on the link below and hover over "John Carrillo's Itinerary 2020":

https://heatmyrv.com/
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:03 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
There will probably be several Aqua-Hot techs in Quartzsite at that time.

One I've used in the past (with high satisfaction) is John Carrillo. His web site indicates he will be there. Click on the link below and hover over "John Carrillo's Itinerary 2020":

https://heatmyrv.com/
I reached out by email asking if he will be a Q this year. Thanks for the input
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:59 PM   #14

Just to follow up on my original post... Now my propane part of the Aqua Hot does not work at all. Only the electric gives me any heat or hot water. Good thing I have a Monday appointment at NIRVC Vegas!

Tags
aqua hot