Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2022, 08:33 AM   #29

Before y'all grab your sticks and start beating a dead horse about "The greatness of Buehler Pumps", I have purchased 2 each Buehler C20 Pump Retro Fit Kit 400/450 - PLE-100-905-FRU @ $188 each from Hydronic Heating Warehouse. This gets me all the parts required to install pumps into the Aqua Hot 400LP box (Pump #2 & #3). These pumps have not failed for me but I am keeping the kits as spares.

Now to the controversial stuff ;-). My pump #1 has failed in my 2015 Aspire. I have a red indicator light for Pump #1 on the Aqua Hot Electronic Control Board. This pump is the booster pump for my floor heat and front furnace heating zone. I do have the Buehler kits above to pull from to replace this motor. I, like many, am looking for a lower cost, quality alternative. Some would argue that they should be produced in Germany and I would agree in most cases.

I found the following, Bosch Automotive 0392023004 Electric Water Pump $58. https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-0392023..._t2_B09D7CCW3S

I found the following information on the Bosch pump.

Operating Mode Electric
Protection Type (IP Code) IP 69 K
Supplementary Article/Supplementary Info without holder
Rated Voltage [V] 12
General Details:
Rated Voltage [V] 12
Pressure [bar] 0,1
Flow rate [l/h] 900
Protection Type (IP Code) IP6K7

Best I can decipher is 900 liter/hour = 238 gallon/hour which converts to 4 gallon/minute. Please feel free to check my math.

Has anyone used the Bosch pump? Does anyone have the flow rate specs for the Buehler pump? Anyone replaced the pump #1 booster pump and see a reason this wouldn't work? Any knowledge y'all can share will be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bosch Automotive 0392023004 Electric Water Pump Dimensions.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	381946  
2Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2022, 08:43 AM   #30
Community Moderator

Why not use this one which many of us have already used with success?

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/us-...em-568568.html
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 09:39 AM   #31

Well dang, and specifications listed as well. I like that.

I searched for Aqua Hot pump, not Oasis. I looked at a bunch of threads and didn't see the one you have linked.

Do you know if this matches the specs of the Buehler pumps used in the Aqua Hot? I didn't find any Buehler pump spec info.

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2022, 10:28 AM   #32

I've searched AMAZON for the VW water pumps and have found various pumps from different sellers with the 1KO965561J number starting at $21 and on up. All the pictures look like they are manufactured by the same company. Can't speak to the quality but it doesn't sound like the price guaranties quality or longevity.
Old 12-03-2022, 10:55 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Just my opinion as a jet mechanic trained by USAF. The Buhler pumps are for RV use, more than doubles the price with RV in the model number.
Automotive water pumps for VW and BMW see constant ruining for tens of thousand of miles with water temperatures higher than an Aqua Hot, and thousand times more use that an Aqua Hot will put on that motor. For $35. for a pump built to take much more than an Aqua Hot will ever demand of it, my money is on the Automotive water pumps. For $35. it's a throw away if your not pleased. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09D7CCW3S...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 06:21 PM   #34

Click on the link brobox provided, then scroll down on that page and you'll see the same pump for $21 from waltotur.
Old 12-03-2022, 07:48 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Just my opinion as a jet mechanic trained by USAF. The Buhler pumps are for RV use, more than doubles the price with RV in the model number.
Automotive water pumps for VW and BMW see constant ruining for tens of thousand of miles with water temperatures higher than an Aqua Hot, and thousand times more use that an Aqua Hot will put on that motor. For $35. for a pump built to take much more than an Aqua Hot will ever demand of it, my money is on the Automotive water pumps. For $35. it's a throw away if your not pleased. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09D7CCW3S...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Thank you for your service! My Dad was an Army aircraft mechanic and I was Army signal.

I saw the one linked, just could not find any detailed information on it. I liked the Bosch because I have had very good experiences with their products. I ordered the Bosch to see if it will work.

The Buehler kit gets me everything I need to convert from 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch plumbing. My 400LP still has the original square pumps which I believe is 1/2 inch plumbing.

Regardless I really wanted too know if anyone had the specs for the Buehler pump to ensure the current draw and flow were similar. I'll follow up with what I learn trying to install the Bosch pump.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:53 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Nailz View Post
Before y'all grab your sticks and start beating a dead horse about "The greatness of Buehler Pumps", I have purchased 2 each Buehler C20 Pump Retro Fit Kit 400/450 - PLE-100-905-FRU @ $188 each from Hydronic Heating Warehouse. This gets me all the parts required to install pumps into the Aqua Hot 400LP box (Pump #2 & #3). These pumps have not failed for me but I am keeping the kits as spares.

Now to the controversial stuff ;-). My pump #1 has failed in my 2015 Aspire. I have a red indicator light for Pump #1 on the Aqua Hot Electronic Control Board. This pump is the booster pump for my floor heat and front furnace heating zone. I do have the Buehler kits above to pull from to replace this motor. I, like many, am looking for a lower cost, quality alternative. Some would argue that they should be produced in Germany and I would agree in most cases.

I found the following, Bosch Automotive 0392023004 Electric Water Pump $58. https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-0392023..._t2_B09D7CCW3S

I found the following information on the Bosch pump.

Operating Mode Electric
Protection Type (IP Code) IP 69 K
Rated Voltage [V] 12
General Details:
Rated Voltage [V] 12
Pressure [bar] 0,1
Flow rate [l/h] 900
Protection Type (IP Code) IP6K7

Best I can decipher is 900 liter/hour = 238 gallon/hour which converts to 4 gallon/minute. Please feel free to check my math.

Has anyone used the Bosch pump? Does anyone have the flow rate specs for the Buehler pump? Anyone replaced the pump #1 booster pump and see a reason this wouldn't work? Any knowledge y'all can share will be appreciated.
Use this pig tail with this pump ---black is + red is - and take out the waterproof gasket and it will fit! --- B07LCHGPWM Amazon
3/4" to 1/2" adapters ------B0993CPYSZ Amazon ---- Got a foot of 3/4" heater hose from NAPA and your set! Just to have as a spare. The Bosch is made in Germany.
Old 12-04-2022, 06:08 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Thank you for your service! My Dad was an Army aircraft mechanic and I was Army signal.

I saw the one linked, just could not find any detailed information on it. I liked the Bosch because I have had very good experiences with their products. I ordered the Bosch to see if it will work.

The Buehler kit gets me everything I need to convert from 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch plumbing. My 400LP still has the original square pumps which I believe is 1/2 inch plumbing.

Regardless I really wanted too know if anyone had the specs for the Buehler pump to ensure the current draw and flow were similar. I'll follow up with what I learn trying to install the Bosch pump.

Nothing wrong with the Bosch pump, top of the line. Just me, but after two sets of the GRI pumps spected by Aqua Hot failed, I don't have faith in paying $288. for a water pump chosen by Aqua Hot when any of the automotive pumps will do the job. There have been several posts by those using the linked pump, and where I got the information. One had been using the VW pump for 3 years. For as little as I use my Aqua Hot, the VW pump will work and if I need to order one, at that price I'll order two, one as a spare as easy as the pumps are to change.

Hope you'll share how your conversion went.
Old 12-04-2022, 06:34 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 426smartin View Post
Use this pig tail with this pump ---black is + red is - and take out the waterproof gasket and it will fit! --- B07LCHGPWM Amazon
3/4" to 1/2" adapters ------B0993CPYSZ Amazon ---- Got a foot of 3/4" heater hose from NAPA and your set! Just to have as a spare. The Bosch is made in Germany.

Good info, here are the live links to help others.

That is the same type of plug that Hydronic Heating Warehouse list for $88. https://hydronicheatingwarehouse.com...0-pump-harness Perfect example of a part being sold for RV's $88 vs automotive $10. a 12v plug is a 12v plug. Thank you for posting that.

Wiring plug https://www.amazon.com/s?k=B07LCHGPW...ref=nb_sb_noss

Hose fitting https://www.amazon.com/s?k=B0993CPYS...ref=nb_sb_noss
Old 12-04-2022, 07:42 AM   #39

Thanks 426smartin and brobox. I bookmarked the suggestions provided.

The pigtail for the Buehler pumps is ridiculously over priced through any RV parts distributor. One of the reasons that I purchased 2 Buehler kits is because the purchase price for the Buehler motor and pigtail separately was very near the whole kit purchase price. Intentional, you decide, I know I have.

My floor heat booster pump is located behind the compartment door that is not a door (thanks Entegra). So access is not as easy. That's what influenced my Bosch choice, and additional specs available for the Bosch. Also, yet to be confirmed, the Bosch may fit in the same mount as the Buehler if I have to swap one in the Aqua Hot chassis. I did purchase a 60mm aluminum fuel pump mount to secure the Bosch in the floor booster pump location, just in case. After all the research and stuff I probably am over thinking this and none of this will work I will share my experiences and lessons learned, good and bad, regardless of how some feel about that [emoji6].

Thanks Y'all. More to follow.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:55 PM   #40

Quick update. I have received both kits with the Buehler pumps. I have also received the Bosch pump from Amazon. I hope to complete the install before the end of this month and will share more then. The Buehler pump is made in Mexico. The Bosch pump is made in Germany. The plastic circular clamp to secure the Buehler motor in the Aqua Hot chassis does appears like it will fit the Bosch pump. Dimensions are very similar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221208_165036-1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	406.0 KB
ID:	382354  
Old 12-08-2022, 05:54 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Quick update. I have received both kits with the Buehler pumps. I have also received the Bosch pump from Amazon. I hope to complete the install before the end of this month and will share more then. The Buehler pump is made in Mexico. The Bosch pump is made in Germany. The plastic circular clamp to secure the Buehler motor in the Aqua Hot chassis does appears like it will fit the Bosch pump. Dimensions are very similar.
That's funny. Many thought the Buehler pumps were made in Germany making them much better. Not the case at all, German name, made in Mexico. Thanks for sharing that.
Old 12-10-2022, 04:31 PM   #42

I just got my $21 Aqua Hot backup replacement pump, with pigtail, today that was marketed as a VW replacement pump. It looks just like the other pumps pictured on the internet and has no indication on the pump where it was manufactured. The shipping label says it's from China, but the label on the box that's under the shipping label has two numbers on it. The first is AM22120580919 and the second is OEM 1K0965561J. The second number is the one you see on various sites at various prices which leads me to believe they're all made at the same location and marketed under various names for different prices.
Since I have a backup, I'll probably never have to use it so it will just be a $21 pump setting there.

Tags
aqua-hot, pump