Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2022, 11:35 AM   #1

Aqua-Hot Pump

Has anyone found a cheaper replacement for the Aqua-Hot #1 or #2 Pump? I searched on the forum but didn’t see anything besides the Floor Heat Pump/Circulation Pump.

I just had to replace my #2 Pump (Zone 3 & Basement) on my Aqua-Hot 400LP. The “newer” pump P/N is PLE-100-905-FRU and I got it from Hydronic Heating Warehouse for $215.

https://hydronicheatingwarehouse.com...1323068f&_ss=r

I would like to have a spare pump…hopefully for less than $200 though.

Any help would be appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2022, 12:27 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wanderers View Post
Has anyone found a cheaper replacement for the Aqua-Hot #1 or #2 Pump? I searched on the forum but didn’t see anything besides the Floor Heat Pump/Circulation Pump.

I just had to replace my #2 Pump (Zone 3 & Basement) on my Aqua-Hot 400LP. The “newer” pump P/N is PLE-100-905-FRU and I got it from Hydronic Heating Warehouse for $215.

https://hydronicheatingwarehouse.com...1323068f&_ss=r

I would like to have a spare pump…hopefully for less than $200 though.

Any help would be appreciated.
What pumps do you presently have? The one you listed is for the Buehler upgrade kit from the old square pumps. If you already have Buehler pumps then this is the pump you need for a spare.

https://hydronicheatingwarehouse.com...ehler-c20-pump

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 12:30 PM   #3

Be very careful.... ! As my mother used to say "Don't be penny wise, and pound foolish" !

Many years of Entegra coaches came with cheap Asian knock off pumps for the AquaHot. About 2015/2014/ maybe even 2016, some brilliant purchasing guy at AquaHot discovered that he/she could buy cheaply made Asian knock-off pumps that looked like the Buehler pumps or pumps used in the AH in previous years and looked just the same.

Only problem was that they failed at really high rates. Search the archives of this forum for AH pumps circa 2015 and 2016 and you will become aware that virtually all of us had pumps fail; massively, and high percentages of us had to replace every AH pump that we had in our coach, sometimes more than once. It was a real mess for Entegra and AquaHot !!!!

So, AH switched back to Buehler, German made, pumps, which cost more but actually lasted for years and years. Now, I would never buy a pump from any source other than the Buehler pumps. Yes, they are expensive, but worth every penny. I had no failures of my Buehler pumps on my '15 Anthem after all the cheap motors were replaced with the Buehlers, and I have never had a Buehler fail on this Cornerstone.

Bite the bullet and buy the good stuff. Anything else is a big mistake!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 01:12 PM   #4

Thanks for the insight. The ones on my ‘17 Insignia are round like the Buehler, but have a different connector.

I just replaced one with the BUEHLER C21 PUMP, and was looking to have a spare for “just in case”.

After sound advice, and you guys have been spot on for just about any question we’ve had, I’ll go with the same kit as a spare as well.

Thanks again!
Old 02-13-2022, 01:41 PM   #5

I've replaced all my aqua Hot pumps with Davies Craig pumps. They're made in Australia and are mostly used to pump engine coolant in automotive applications. They have all the same specs as the original AH pumps such as power consumption, flow volume, magnetically coupled impeller, and flow bypass. They have 3/4" inlet/outlets like all the replacement pumps for Aqua Hot that I've ever found. I buy mine at Summit Racing. Here's a link.

In the pictures you see the pump with a rubber mount on it. The mount is easily removed for applications where there simply isn't room for it. It's never a problem as the pump is simply suspended by the inlet/outlet hoses. Never a problem. When wiring, just clip off the wires going to the old pump, then clip off the new pump connector and join the wires together. Red to red and black to black.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 02:12 PM   #6

Look this over - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09D7CCW3S...NsaWNrPXRydWU= installed one a couple years ago and it has been fine.

Mine was a little cheaper but just another option - It works and the lights stay off.

Just another option,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 02:25 PM   #7

Thanks for the alternate options!
Old 02-13-2022, 02:35 PM   #8

For whatever it’s worth I’m running the same pumps as Buskipper. 4 years and going strong.
mlwhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 02:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Be very careful.... ! As my mother used to say "Don't be penny wise, and pound foolish" !

Many years of Entegra coaches came with cheap Asian knock off pumps for the AquaHot. About 2015/2014/ maybe even 2016, some brilliant purchasing guy at AquaHot discovered that he/she could buy cheaply made Asian knock-off pumps that looked like the Buehler pumps or pumps used in the AH in previous years and looked just the same.

Only problem was that they failed at really high rates. Search the archives of this forum for AH pumps circa 2015 and 2016 and you will become aware that virtually all of us had pumps fail; massively, and high percentages of us had to replace every AH pump that we had in our coach, sometimes more than once. It was a real mess for Entegra and AquaHot !!!!

So, AH switched back to Buehler, German made, pumps, which cost more but actually lasted for years and years. Now, I would never buy a pump from any source other than the Buehler pumps. Yes, they are expensive, but worth every penny. I had no failures of my Buehler pumps on my '15 Anthem after all the cheap motors were replaced with the Buehlers, and I have never had a Buehler fail on this Cornerstone.

Gary

Exactly!!
Old 02-13-2022, 03:53 PM   #10

Quote:

Gary
Busskipper here - I think I was biting into a good steak and actually was able to do it more than once - Quincy's in Colorado for Steaks - https://quincystavern.com/menu/ - so do what makes YOU HAPPY - but if it can run for 20 years on a VW or a BMW - think it might just work on the occasional AH needs.

It seems to me if it failed with lite use on the pump In the AH, Maybe the AH was improperly Spec'ed Just saying.

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 05:20 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Busskipper here - I think I was biting into a good steak and actually was able to do it more than once - Quincy's in Colorado for Steaks - https://quincystavern.com/menu/ - so do what makes YOU HAPPY - but if it can run for 20 years on a VW or a BMW - think it might just work on the occasional AH needs.

It seems to me if it failed with lite use on the pump In the AH, Maybe the AH was improperly Spec'ed Just saying.

JMHO,

My thoughts exactly as a previous aircraft mechanic with a little bit of experience. I have already had two attempts by Aqua Hot at motors that failed. I think I will take the experience of other coach owners and success in automotive use for $35. over AH for $235. But that is just me with a mechanical background and what I would use on my coach. A replacement from Amazon, $35. here in 2 days. Aqua Hot, $235. here in a week, maybe. There is still an occasional report of Buhler pumps currently used in AH's failing. AH pumps don't get near the use as that of a VW water pump.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 05:26 PM   #12

Although the humor is great, I'm not sure what the "message" is. .. --

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:06 PM   #13

I replaced my pumps with Buehler last year since my coach still had the square pumps . Fast forwards 11 month , seems like one of them has failed ..as my zone 3 rear and basement no longer throws heat .. i think this was because of a failure of the hose clamps cause in a leak in the rear of the coach going into the heat exchange under the washer and dryer, maybe there was too much air in the line causing the pump to work hard ? well that is my theory similar to sucking up liquid through a stray with a hole .. thoughts ?

Quote:

Gary
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:26 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECVB View Post
I replaced my pumps with Buehler last year since my coach still had the square pumps . Fast forwards 11 month , seems like one of them has failed ..as my zone 3 rear and basement no longer throws heat .. i think this was because of a failure of the hose clamps cause in a leak in the rear of the coach going into the heat exchange under the washer and dryer, maybe there was too much air in the line causing the pump to work hard ? well that is my theory similar to sucking up liquid through a stray with a hole .. thoughts ?
Has the pump failed, or captivating from air in the system? Can you feel the pump running with your hand when the zone it turned on? Might be a good idea to purge any air out of the system using the schrader valve on top of the Aqua Hot.

If the pump has fail, nothing wrong with the $35. water pump motors listed earlier. If the Buhler has already failed there is not a lot to say about replacing it with another $235. motor. JMO
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqua-hot, pump