Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2018, 02:32 PM   #15

Aqua Hot System

Chuck,

I'm not so much worried about freezing, my theory is trying to prevent thermal loss from the exposed lines once they leave the bay area at the front and rear of the coach. My guess is I have about 36' of exposed lines counting the supply and return. I'm for sure going to protect the area running above the drive-line because it's coated with grease now.
After we get back to our home base from the Homecoming rally I plan on tackling the change out job.

Thanks for the reply!

Jim
Boulder City NV.
Hondo2015
Aspire DEQ
Hondo2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2018, 05:47 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
I think insulating that Line is a great idea if you have access to it.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
I would have thought that all Aquahot lines from pump #2 running to the back end aft of the wet Bay Area would be built inside the floor area and not exposed from below?

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
What is the heat source for the dash heat? (not the AH under the drawer) Does the AH or the engine provide heat for the Dash Heat Control? Is this exposed line from the engine?
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
What is the heat source for the dash heat? (not the AH under the drawer) Does the AH or the engine provide heat for the Dash Heat Control? Is this exposed line from the engine?

The engine provides heat to the dash and yeas it s the exposed line going from the engine bay forward. It also loops through the Aqua Hot giving you hot water on the road and when you arrive.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo2015 View Post
Chuck,

I'm not so much worried about freezing, my theory is trying to prevent thermal loss from the exposed lines once they leave the bay area at the front and rear of the coach. My guess is I have about 36' of exposed lines counting the supply and return. I'm for sure going to protect the area running above the drive-line because it's coated with grease now.
After we get back to our home base from the Homecoming rally I plan on tackling the change out job.

Thanks for the reply!

Jim
Boulder City NV.
Hondo2015
Aspire DEQ
I am not sure which lines you are talking about. But be sure any AH line you insulate isn't running along side a fresh water(cold or hot) line. We were told by PJ that when possible, they run those lines together to keep fresh water lines from freezing in cold weather. FYI.
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:00 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
I am not sure which lines you are talking about. But be sure any AH line you insulate isn't running along side a fresh water(cold or hot) line. We were told by PJ that when possible, they run those lines together to keep fresh water lines from freezing in cold weather. FYI.
I was told the same thing. I have never heard of heat loss through the lines, but what do I know, I live in FL.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:47 PM   #22

Aqua Hot System

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'll recheck the routing for the water supply and report back if I do insulate the lines.
Chuck you talked about a a sludge blockage, a few yrs. back the Entegra Factory Aqua Hot Tech worked all day on our coach trouble shooting and fixing items one of which was a kinked hose up in one of those places you don't want to work on.

Jim
Hondo2015
Boulder City NV.
2014 Aspire DEQ
Hondo2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
My Aspire does not have the engine loop going through the Aqua Hot (I don't think??) - not sure if the later models run through or not?
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:37 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
My Aspire does not have the engine loop going through the Aqua Hot (I don't think??) - not sure if the later models run through or not?

Your Aspire has a propane AH and that does not have an engine loop. One of the disadvantages of the propane unit. OTOH, it runs quieter, cleaner, and requires much less maintenance. And it doesn’t smell like a truck stop if the winds is from the wrong angle.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:23 AM   #25

Mark, in 2017 the Aspire came equipped with the 400D (Diesel/no Motor Aid) ILO the 375LP.

AFAIK, the Anthem and Cornerstone both have the 450D, which among other differences includes a dedicated stir pump and “Motor aid” / Engine Loop.

John, while our 400D can have a diesel smell at times, keeping it serviced and running in top form helps minimize this issue. One huge (to me) aspect of the 400D is no LP, and extra storage and weight capacity.

The downside of the lack of LP is the loss of a gas stove, so boondocking requires more generator time.

This is just my opinion.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #26

I believe only one Aspire was built with a 450D.

On a related subject, what are the rules governing the engine heat loop? Is is always on when running the engine? Does it matter if the AH switches are on or off?
Old 03-07-2018, 05:45 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Mark, in 2017 the Aspire came equipped with the 400D (Diesel/no Motor Aid) ILO the 375LP.

AFAIK, the Anthem and Cornerstone both have the 450D, which among other differences includes a dedicated stir pump and “Motor aid” / Engine Loop.

John, while our 400D can have a diesel smell at times, keeping it serviced and running in top form helps minimize this issue. One huge (to me) aspect of the 400D is no LP, and extra storage and weight capacity.

The downside of the lack of LP is the loss of a gas stove, so boondocking requires more generator time.

This is just my opinion.

-Matt
I've had a 450D in my Monaco got 8 years and kept it will maintained. Never had much smell or soot. We'll see how well I like the propane after living with it for a while longer.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:38 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
I believe only one Aspire was built with a 450D.

On a related subject, what are the rules governing the engine heat loop? Is is always on when running the engine? Does it matter if the AH switches are on or off?

Haven’t heard of any rules governing the engine heat loop. It is always on when running the engine unless you have positioned both ball valves to the shutoff position. The shutoff valves are located along the left rail near the mid to bottom portion of the engine. They are identified by a yellow handle. There is no need to turn on the AquaHot switches as the engine loop is providing the heat by operating the engine. Hope this helps for a better understanding.
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluid