Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2018, 05:48 AM   #1

Aqua hot pump, gph

Anyone know the GPH(gallons per hour) specs on the AH pumps? Seems I saw it somewhere, but after 2 hours search this am, could not find it. I have a couple of replacement pumps I am checking the output on today for comparison.
Thanks, GrAndy
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2018, 08:41 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
This is the data given to us during our 8-hr Aqua-Hot Certification Course:
1. 0.41g/hr if running continuously;
2. 2-4g/day dry camping;
3. 1-2g/day with electrical hookup.
Same numbers for the 600D, and 675D, except for when electrically hooked up. It's 0.0g/day when hooked up based on their additional high wattage heating elements. I hope this helps.

Jim
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattman-Litlboy View Post
This is the data given to us during our 8-hr Aqua-Hot Certification Course:
1. 0.41g/hr if running continuously;
2. 2-4g/day dry camping;
3. 1-2g/day with electrical hookup.
Same numbers for the 600D, and 675D, except for when electrically hooked up. It's 0.0g/day when hooked up based on their additional high wattage heating elements. I hope this helps.

Jim
Pumps, not fuel.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:16 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Aqua hot pump, gph

I think he meant, what is the gph rating on the aqua hot circulation pumps. Not the diesel gph usage. I believe that the circulation pumps are about 3 gph. I was told that slower pumps would provide less heat output at the grills and faster pumps were preferred with 5 gph about the max. I replaced a couple of mine with $85 12 volt 3 gph solar pumps from Amazon when my 2014 pumps failed.
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:25 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Tad. It would help if I read the question carefully. If I remember, I'll call AH on Monday for spec data which I can't find either.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:32 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
That would be great, I would love to hear what the “official” gph of the circulation pumps is.

I have found the diesel usage in line with what you have quoted. I parked with a full tank this winter and then ran the aqua hot and refilled back to full. Using the hour meter mod to the aqua hot, I took the total hours used and fuel to refill, and came out at about .4 gph.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Thanks Tad. It would help if I read the question carefully. If I remember, I'll call AH on Monday for spec data which I can't find either.
That would be great. How does one become AH certified? Is this a certification for service? In class training, or online? I am anxious to get the pump GPH data. I have a Bosch pump that I am excited about, if I can make it work. Plan to test the output of it in the next few days.
Thanks, GrAndy
Old 02-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #8

I have not done this myself, but I have talked to 2 owners who have done it. It is my understanding that AquaHot has one or two day training courses at their factory in Colorado where you are trained on the system and it’s repair. I have no idea of the cost, but I believe it is reasonable enough that some owners have considered it a good investment to go through the tech/repair training.

Others who have actually done it can provide the specifics.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:08 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
GrAndy and Gary,
I took the one day Cert class in May of 2017 at their mother Ship in Colorado. It cost $100 for the 8hr class. Per my phoncon with them today, AH does not provide fluid flow rates for the pumps. It's a low pressure pump and the rate will vary based on location tested within the coach vs. near the main tank. They don't want to give a spec for the flow, because they have used different pumps (105s, 108s, Buehler) and they all vary. They don't want users coming back at them for perceived flow issues. All they would say is that it's a low pressure pump. Sorry I can't get any further details for you from AH.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:43 AM   #10

Jim

Wouldn't looking up the Buehler pump model number give Buehler's spec on pump volume?

I think it would

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
I won’t be home for 3 weeks, but I have a spare Buehler pump that I could test with a bucket of water to be sure of the gpm. If no one else gets the info first I will test and post my results.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #12

Quote:
GrAndy and Gary,
I took the one day Cert class in May of 2017 at their mother Ship in Colorado. It cost $100 for the 8hr class. Per my phoncon with them today, AH does not provide fluid flow rates for the pumps. It's a low pressure pump and the rate will vary based on location tested within the coach vs. near the main tank. They don't want to give a spec for the flow, because they have used different pumps (105s, 108s, Buehler) and they all vary. They don't want users coming back at them for perceived flow issues. All they would say is that it's a low pressure pump. Sorry I can't get any further details for you from AH.
Thanks for your time on this. I talked with a service guy at Madter Tech RV in Elkhart today. He stated the pumps flow 12-18 gallons per hour. Thought that seems a bit high. Just so I will know, I ordered a new Buehler pump kit from them. As soon as it arrives, plan to test it along side the Bosch pump and go from there. If anyone comes across the flow rate of the Buehler please drop me pm.
Thanks, GrAndy
Old 02-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Aqua hot pump, gph

Just looking at my own post again after reading your post GrAndy and realized that I had put 3 gallons per hour by mistake. Wrong! The pumps I bought online are 3 gallons per minute and are about the same size as the Buehler pumps. I was told that 2 to 5 gallons per minute was the proper range. I will try to edit my post above and check the Buehler pump when I get home. It takes quite a lot of flow to transfer enough heat to all the radiator/blowers.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:32 PM   #14

Wanted to post my test results on the pump GPH volumes. I used a 12 volt 14amp Yuasa motorcycle battery which was new and fully charged with a start and finish voltage pf 12.5 volts. All pumps and hoses were primed before start of test. Listed below are times(#seconds) to fill a container to the 1 gallon mark. You can do the math, but to me they are close to the same. The China pump does make a lot of noise, but is no louder than the current boost pump on my coach. My experience and failure rates with most any China knock off parts tells me to stay away from them. Probably put under the cover for a spare. Plan to install the Buehler at the circulate pump position. Make sure the boss can take a long hot shower. Put the Bosch on Zone 2. Will post pics of Bosch pump after installed.

1) Buehler---9.5
2) Bosch-----11.0
3) Chinese---9.6

FYI, GrAndy