Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2018, 03:23 PM   #1

Aqua Hot Shuts Off

I continue to have issues with our Aqua Hot. It has been to certified Aqua Hot Dealer twice but we still have a problem. It has had two circuit boards replaced. The latest issue is it will fire and run for about 45 minutes and then the green light on the burner switch turns off and it shuts down. If I cycle the switch it will run again but about every 30 to 45 minutes will shut down. Fuel level is fine. No red lights on panel. Fluid level is good. Frustrated with our unit. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2018, 03:29 PM   #2

Professional Help is Free w/ Roger Berke. Hydro-/Aqua- Hot
Roger Berke: RV Hydronic Heater Repair - Home (RV Hydronic Heater Repair - Home)
Old 02-04-2018, 03:53 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Have you called Aqua Hot and run through the troubleshooting over the phone? They are good at troubleshooting problems with their units.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:26 PM   #4

Will call Aqua Hot tomorrow and hope to get some direction. Thanks
Old 02-04-2018, 04:37 PM   #5

Foretravel Owners Club
Sounds like the coil is going kaputski....
Ours does that, fails to re-fire, light goes out on rocker switch,flip off and back on and it fires off again..Looking for a qualified AH mobile service as we speak
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:16 AM   #6

Chad, when is the last time you had a routine service? The reason I ask is the symptom you describe is “lockout”. Basically, the unit needs a fuel filter, burner scrub, and fuel nozzle.

This job isn’t hard, it takes (2) fuel line clamp pliers, and a few small hand tools, and the parts. You can get the fuel filter at NAPA and you will need a nozzle and burner gasket.

The big caution is to not overtorque the 2 ear bolts holding the burner in place. The ears the bolts attach to can be pretty easily broken.

The Aquahot owners manual has a very good Go-By for this service.

-Matt

P.S. Aquahot says do the routine service every year. We got 10 months out our new unit. My personal interval is now 6 months.
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:26 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
AquaHot Shuts Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad K View Post
I continue to have issues with our Aqua Hot. It has been to certified Aqua Hot Dealer twice but we still have a problem. It has had two circuit boards replaced. The latest issue is it will fire and run for about 45 minutes and then the green light on the burner switch turns off and it shuts down. If I cycle the switch it will run again but about every 30 to 45 minutes will shut down. Fuel level is fine. No red lights on panel. Fluid level is good. Frustrated with our unit. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I hope this may be helpful. I had the same symptoms on my AquaHot, and was very frustrating. Cutting to the chase, the ignition electrodes were too close to the swirler. So, after the first cycle, I would get no ignition the second time. The swirler does move a little when you reinstall the burner, until everything is tightened up. That movement was enough to shift the swirler too close to the electrodes. You could actually see two marks on the swirler. Check the swirler for marks, check everything with the gapping tool.
Car1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:27 AM   #8

It was serviced Feb 2017 so one year ago. May not matter but very few hours on the AH since then. I will service it. Thanks Matt.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:35 AM   #9

Ours is doing the same but only once a week or so at night when it's working hard to heat. We had the unit serviced at the end of November and a blower motor replaced in January. it's always something with this piece of junk. It is the weakest part of this coach. I wished there was a more reliable product to replace it with.

I'll be very interested in whatever the resolution is for this issue.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #10

there are 1 or 2 thermostats on your unit located toward the top of the tank.
You should find a small white reset button. Reset them with a pencil and see if unit comes to life.
If so they are probably faulty. When the unit runs several cycles the heat builds and trips them. Replacing isn’t hard just requires draining off some of the boiler fluid.
If you have 2 you can unhook the bad one and run on one. The older units only have one to begin with.

Good luck
Pointrow
Old 02-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
Ours is doing the same but only once a week or so at night when it's working hard to heat. We had the unit serviced at the end of November and a blower motor replaced in January. it's always something with this piece of junk. It is the weakest part of this coach. I wished there was a more reliable product to replace it with.

I'll be very interested in whatever the resolution is for this issue.
I can’t imagine why a moter would need replaced on 2014 unit. They can be rebuilt pretty reasonably unless shorted out.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:23 PM   #12

Thanks for the responses. I will do some more checks this weekend. Agree with DoggieDaddy the AH is the weakest part of the RV. We have had numerous issues with our AH.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:13 PM   #13

I had intermittent AquaHot - it would just stop running for no apparent reason. It was traced to the switch at the door which was failing at various times.

Remove the switch and attach a multimeter set to continuity. Each time the switch is compressed it should produce a reaction on the meter - mine is a tone. I connected the switch to my meter and compressed the switch a dozen times and then one time it did not close the circuit and I had the culprit.

If you disconnect the switch and override with a standard fuse (photo) - connect a spade receiver on each side of the switch via the fuse, that will at least eliminate the switch as a source.

Frank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuse-20a-ato.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	191327  
Old 02-06-2018, 04:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointrow View Post
I can’t imagine why a moter would need replaced on 2014 unit. They can be rebuilt pretty reasonably unless shorted out.
When you are full timing the AH is running every day. I don't think any of the parts used in the AH are built for that. It's not a "residential grade" unit I guess.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote