Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2018, 06:01 AM   #1

Aqua Hot Thermostat

Hi all,

My Aqua Hot started acting up and after some trouble shooting, we narrowed it down to the control thermostat. The manual states to drain the fluid to replace it but I seem to recall that someone replaced it by plugging the hole and quickly putting the new thermostat in. Any advice would be great. I am a believer in following manuals but just trying to save some time if possible.
Also, the symptoms I had was that the motor would run for about 5 seconds and shut off during the prime cycle. Aqua-Hot tech service assisted me in the trouble shooting and I bypassed the thermostat on the control board with a jumper wire. With the jumper installed the burner fired right up.

- Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
737 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2018, 08:06 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
It is easy enough to drain. Plus you can check your fluid for any sludge by filtering it. I used a drill pump to pump the fluid back in.

Back in the day, I used to replace hot water heater elements by pulling and replacing real quick. You will have leakage. Boiler fluid will be harder to clean up if something doesn’t go perfect.

I would drain to below the thermostat if it were me.

Herb
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:08 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I would agree with Herb,
It's not to difficult to drain and replace the boiler fluid from the boiler tank as the zone lines should stay full and shouldn't present an issue as far as air in the system.
I drain and fill both from the drain hose using an electric pump.
See pic.
Richard Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2299.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	415.3 KB
ID:	226232
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:00 AM   #4

No need to drain. I replaced the thermostat twice on my Cornerstone. Just a quick swap and lost almost no fluid.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
No need to drain. I replaced the thermostat twice on my Cornerstone. Just a quick swap and lost almost no fluid.
Same on mine, quick swap and probably didn’t lose a thimble full of fluid.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:47 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I lost a little more than a thimble but nothing to be concerned with by any means. Maybe I’m just a little slower on the swapping movement. Lol
Holmrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:17 PM   #7

Ditto here. I just stuffed some paper towels around it and swapped them. Lost very little fluid, not even enough to have to top off the tank.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:23 AM   #8

Thanks guys for all the replies. I should receive the new thermostat in a few days. Can’t believe the thermostat is bad already. The coach is a 2017 and it sounds like it is fairly common for it to go out��
737 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat