Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #1

Aqua-Hot TSB 161 / Cornerstone

Got this in the mail today. Seems I recall someone with an Anthem having a problem with the AH engine preheat loop. Anyone have more info? Is this regarding the cheesy clamps on the heater hose?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AquaHot.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	77438  
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2014, 09:09 PM   #2

It was bro box if I can remember he definately did some reinforcing them
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I didn't get a TSB. I replaced all of my plastic clamps with stainless steel clamps after hogdriver had a major engine coolant leak at the AH lines and it was recommended to replace those clamps. I don't know why just the CS models would have a TSB for that.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:09 AM   #4

If it's just the clamps on the hoses for the engine preheat loop, is there any reason why I can't just do it myself? Hate to burn the diesel for $5 worth of hose clamps.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:23 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Got this in the mail today. Seems I recall someone with an Anthem having a problem with the AH engine preheat loop. Anyone have more info? Is this regarding the cheesy clamps on the heater hose?
So this started on CS with a couple of people having the hoses just inside the Aquahot starting with a pin hole leak which expanded to a full blown spray. Yes it is a replacement of the pressure clamps on the hoses that go back to the engine and I believe the fix is to replace with worm gear clamp. I believe the recall only applies to CS, but not for sure, and I think it is probably something you can do for yourself. I can't speak to the ISL engine and why it would apply to Anthem and Aspire. Maybe the pressures in the hoses are less.

To the best of my knowledge, only CS has had the hoses develop leaks and spray the rear compartment. Mine was a pin hole when I caught it, and leaked 4 gallons of engine coolant through the bottom of the Aquahot.

By the way, if you suspect, there are two valves on the passenger side of the engine that can be closed with no harm to engine or Aquahot, until you can get the service. Harder than heck to reach unless you have monkey arms.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #6

Thank you Dave. Does the fix only involve the clamps on the AH? What about the clamps on the engine?
Old 10-26-2014, 09:42 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Thank you Dave. Does the fix only involve the clamps on the AH? What about the clamps on the engine?
So I was talking with a gent here with an Anthem that said he'd talked with AH at Redmond, and evidently 22 Anthems have had the clamps give on them as well. I am assuming, given that, that the Anthems should/will have a similar recall, but I'd check with Entegra CS.

As far as the engine clamps, I'd be surprised, but I'll ask the question of my tech here in Middlebury tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #8

Are the shutoff valves accessed from the engine hatch in the rear bath or from underneath somehow?
Old 10-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Question, doesn't the Cornerstone have the same 450 AH as the Anthems? Why would only the CS models be named in the TSB when Anthems have had the same problem? I have seen two posts on this forum with that problem and both were Anthems.

When I added the SS clamps there was enough room to add them without removing the factory plastic clamps. It made the job much faster and neater and now have 2 clamps in place.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, you are correct...I didn't really remember, and as I said, I do not know whether the recall applies to Anthems as well. When my next door neighbor told me he'd had the problem in his 2014 Anthem and that AH folks had said it had occurred in 22 Anthems, I corrected the first entry.

That said, I'll ask tomorrow and report back on the applicability.

And, BTW, the Anthems have two cut off valves on the side of the ISL engine to stop the flow to the AH as well. The only impact of this (besides stopping the loss of coolant if you have a leak, is to stop the engine heating the AH while you're on the road.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, I'll be looking forward to hearing what you find out. I never checked the engine end of the hoses as I didn't think anybody would put plastic clamps or the cheap spring clamps in an engine heat area, but I have been wrong before. The lines that have been leaking at the AH had the spring clamps. I also replaced the plastic fuel line clamps as they will deteriorate here in the FL heat.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
A friend had issues with his AH. The hoses INSIDE the AH had slipped off their attachments. The clamps were pinch type. They were replaced with SS clamps. I had the same thing done to my Anthem. The mechanic entered from the PS and removed the cover. Engine coolant was was everywhere.

I'm not sure that this TSB is addressing the same issue, but I think any of the AH clamps should be considered suspect.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Emerson,

Believe it is the same issue. As you recall, I had the same thing coming in to West Yellowstone...just didn't explode like the other coach.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
I posted on the forum in April about my cheesy clamps leaking on my first trip in my 14 Anthem. The post was labeled about "lesson learned about your coolant". When mine leaked I was in a remote area of Georgia. I found Peak Fleet Charge Coolant SCA which is in the same family of coolants Entegra uses. I took several calls until I talked to a Peak Engineer and he told me I should flush my coolant system and use either the Fleetguard Complete or Peak Final Charge. Entegra was not very savy on all of this until I experienced my leak and forwarded them the engineering data.

Moral of the story. Carry some extra coolant, or if you spring a leak, don't fill the RV with anything, even if it costs $1000 in warranty claims or you will end up coughing up $500 of your money to flush the system,
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote