Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2018, 07:30 AM   #15

woke up to a cold coach and faulted aquahot yesterday.
Had a pair of typical hot - cold - hot - cold showers.
Went out to dump, observed the aquahot blower running but not the burner.
Observed it lighting off with a giant whoosh and big cloud of smoke. Burned for 20 seconds and went out.
Repeat SIX times. Then the blower finally stopped. Inside, saw the green light now out on the switch.

Called Tennessee RV, they have the burner nozzle in stock, cheaper than eBay seller.
Weather permitting, will take care of this today.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2018, 02:11 PM   #16

Done. So far so good. It fires, burns for awhile, shuts off.
Pretty easy job.
Can't wait to shower in the AM.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180214_150135199.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	192326Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180214_145015908.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	192327
Old 02-14-2018, 04:12 PM   #17

Looks like I spoke too soon.
No change. Burner ran for a while after the first powerup, then cycled on and off repeatedly, then died with the green light on the diesel switch out.

Back to the drawing board.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:24 PM   #18

Go to aquahot.com and look at the links for service manuals. Good information there and hopefully it will point you to the problem you are having. I hope it helps......nobody wants a cold shower with the weather this country is having!
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTN8 View Post
I just did my annual service for the first time and it wasn't bad at all! My question for the group is where does the burner gasket go? I bought one with the rest of the parts but never saw one when doing the maintenance. Either it wasn't installed or its somewhere i didn't look. So i still have the new gasket. If it indeed wasn't installed, is that dangerous to run with out it?

Jason, what you have sounds like the gasket that goes between the combustion chamber and the boiler tank (refer to page 102 of the AH Manual). Part of the annual is to inspect and clean the heat transfer tabs. In order to do that you must remove the combustion chamber and clean with a wire brush. Good news is you should be good to run system since you didn’t remove the chamber housing. The bad news is you still need to clean the heat transfer tabs in order to complete the annual Mx. Now I will say after running our burner full time for its first year I could not really find any soot buildup on the transfer tabs. I decided to do it every other year unless I notice water not getting hot. Hope this helps.

Mark
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
No change. Burner ran for a while after the first powerup, then cycled on and off repeatedly, then died with the green light on the diesel switch out.

Just had a very similar problem, turned out to be the control panel with all the little lights. Is your heating status light on the control board on when the green light is out on the diesel burner switch?
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Just had a very similar problem, turned out to be the control panel with all the little lights. Is your heating status light on the control board on when the green light is out on the diesel burner switch?
I'll look the next time it locks out, but I think so.
Oddly, it seems to be running (not running?) ok now, we're not calling for any heat, it's not cycling on, and the green light is staying on.
We'll see what we get for showers in the AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:00 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Sounds like it could be a high limit temp sensor that has gone bad and not letting the burner run long enough to fully heat up.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #23

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH2 View Post
Investing in a good set of tubing clamps is a great start! I had a Houston based mobile AH Tech (Rudy Leggett [emoji106]) replace all four of my square pumps after one went bad and he schooled me on the whole process. Even replaced my nozzle while he was doing the job.
Yup, He does our system for us..He also teaches ...

Rudy L.
(Houston area)
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #24

Time for a professional AquaHot tech to take a look at it, IMHO. The trick is to find someone who really knows AquaHot. I have been VERY impressed with Lloyd DeGerald. He did maintenance and some serious problems on ~ 16 coaches at Quartzsite this year and 15 last year and did them quickly. His home base is Arkansas, but he hits many of the FMCA rallys. His address is "Googleable". JMO

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Time for a professional AquaHot tech to take a look at it, IMHO. The trick is to find someone who really knows AquaHot. I have been VERY impressed with Lloyd DeGerald. He did maintenance and some serious problems on ~ 16 coaches at Quartzsite this year and 15 last year and did them quickly. His home base is Arkansas, but he hits many of the FMCA rallys. His address is "Googleable". JMO

Gary
I've been a professional fixer of things since I was 17. In the Navy, some of those things were million watt radar and nuclear missiles.

It seemed obvious to me that getting caught up on the annual maintenance was step one. I guess it's time for step 2
I've yet to start getting serious about troubleshooting this aquahot.
I really don't care that the unit is under warrantee.
It's all ready been looked at 3 times by a "professional" at Lazydays.

I'll get the manual read. I'll determine why the burner isn't staying lit. And I'll fix it. With some help and guidance from my friends here who've all ready dealt with things like this. Unless it needs an expensive part, then I'll tell the warrantee tech what it needs.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Sounds like it could be a high limit temp sensor that has gone bad and not letting the burner run long enough to fully heat up.
That sounds like something that needs to be checked.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:15 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I really don't care that the unit is under warrantee.
It's all ready been looked at 3 times by a "professional" at Lazydays.
Kind of a waste of time there isn't is? I had the same experience with LD. Come home and fix it myself in half a day after being there for a week waiting to get something under warranty taken care of.

One thing nice about the Military, they trained us well.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:49 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post

One thing nice about the Military, they trained us well.
Amen
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance