Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #1

Aquahot boiler antifreeze warning

I would like to warn all owners of aquahot boilers that there are apparently two colors of boiler antifreeze (RED and GREEN) and they should not be mixed. Apparently the mixture turns black and there are problems with airlocks, resulting in a lack of heat, as is the case with my coach. I now have to drive to an Aquahot Repair Facility and have the system purged and the proper boiler antifreeze installed.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #2

yea a lot have found tis out the hard way, what a bummer oh well live and learn when the aquahot is working right it can not be beat... whateva you do try not to get upset bro.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
What are you seeing for prices on the green stuff? I was at my local RV store today and they had the green stuff for $54 a gallon. Seems a little high to me.

Dave
Old 09-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #4

If you give Roger your model number he can tell you the correct fluid for your system. He's a great resource.

Aqua-Hot Questions
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:40 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I went to the Aquahot website and ordered direct from them. About $29 a gallon plus shipping. Less than $40 total per gallon. Ordered it and had it in about 3 or 4 days. It is the -300 for the green stuff.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:27 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I'm wondering if the interest in this subject means people are having to add antifreeze. I hope not. I had my last coach for ten years and never added a drop. I did add a few ounces of water over the years but since i stayed in warm climates the small loss in freeze protection was insignificant to me.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I had to add some after I was finally able to turn on the floor heat several weeks ago. The level dropped in the expansion tank by about two cups or so. I rationalized that there was likely a bubble in the system somewhere and that burped out causing the slight flluid drop. I have not seen any signs of a fluid leak.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:03 PM   #8

my level has not moved i used the floor heat a lot too.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote