Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2019, 08:10 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Aquahot burner switch light goes out

Fairly new to posting here but wanted to let everyone know about the Aquahot 450-DE4 troubleshoting I went through over the last 3 days and hopefully prevent some headaches.

Scenario: Burner switch light in coach would go out after several hours, randomly, mostly at night with no hot water or heat being used. Showering with water getting cold would be first indication of issue. After researching the issue I was advised that it was electrical or fuel related so...

Steps to rectify problem: Serviced unit at service center, same problem. Systematically and methodically replaced fuel filter, cleaned and tested flame sensor, checked high and low temperature thermostats, swapped burner switch with electrical heater switch inside coach, tested interlock switch, checked and hot wired control thermostat, jumped diesel burner switch at electrical control panel, replaced electrical control panel (have a spare),...scratch my head and say choice words, nothing.

During the course of the troubleshooting I removed and reinstalled the burner 4 times, which is fairly simple in a Cornerstone. Nothing was working...more head scratching. This was very time consuming as I was required to restart the heating process, wait for the temp to stabilize and then wait to see if the switch light would stay lit! It, at times took hours.

NOTHING WORKED! Can’t be electrical as I just checked pretty much everything so maybe it’s a fuel problem.

Diesel tank full, new filter, serviced, new nozzle and burner disk. Remove burner again and blow out fuel lines, check fuel strainer screen at fuel supply line...it is dirty! Reassemble and turn on...nothing! Now it will not even light off and the switch light goes out after 30 seconds...I made the problem worse! Head scratching anain. I do not have a fuel pressure tester so I guess I will take it in or shoot some holes in it!

Next day, thinking, I jumped the temperature sensor at one point during the troubleshooting and the fluid temperature got extremely hot...did that trip the DC high temperature sensor? Ohm meter...nothing...reset...check...fired up and running!

The unit has been running now for 12 hours without an issue and I am praying that it will be on in the morning. I am confident it will be as it sounds great and has not run like it is since the start of this head scratcher.

I had no idea there was a small screen between the supply line and the fuel pump that may clog and trip the burner into a default.

I must say that Aquahot tech was fantastic and available, they assisted me at every step!

Hope this help someone somewhere! Happy travels!
Mike
Vfaozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2019, 08:30 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Great report on the troubleshooting, thank you Mike.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:18 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Still running, it is fixed! Yes, Happy Dance!
Old 04-10-2019, 06:08 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Vfaozzy

I’ve had similar problems recently but the fault is intermittent and I can get it to happen often enough when a AH guy is here. Can you elaborate more, or perhaps snap a picture of where the inlet fuel screen you cleaned is located. Is it in the filter assembly?
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:51 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Hog driver...

...there are two fuel lines that go to the burner (fuel pump) one is a feed and one a return. Remove the feed line and there will be a screen at the point where it connects to the fuel pump...I used a compressor to gently blow out the contamination and it worked. I will be more then happy to attach pictures but I am on the road at the moment!! Hope this will get you started. Mike
Old 04-11-2019, 07:12 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Thx. I look forward to a pic
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Ours (a 400) has been doing the same thing - only way more intermittent. The unit has been serviced - tech said it was not an AquaHot issue since the unit was performing perfectly. Entegra swapped out the switches while at Perry - no joy. It's on our list of items for the factory to check at our next visit. Ours will go weeks without any issue and then turn off once or twice in a few days, then work perfectly for weeks again. We'll pass on your findings with the fuel screen. Thank you!
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:24 PM   #8

FYI. The control board has two power connections on it. One is main power other is remote disconnect. So if you hit sales man switch it will turn off.

If you have low power to the remote connection it will not fire the blower and turn off unit. Aqua-Hot tec support could not believe it. you can make a jumper and jump it out.
fairway2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:23 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Pictures from manual

Click image for larger version

Name:	A7C07EAE-05D7-4AC3-B66C-DC3815E3614D.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	868.9 KB
ID:	241669

Name:	648889D7-69B5-4799-B08D-A659DF20DE0F.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	241670

Name:	99DB6C33-4D07-46A0-8B03-956520D59328.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	241671
Old 04-12-2019, 08:28 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
The last picture with the red circle is the return fuel line as it is the only clear picture of the fittings in the manual...remove the “S” Supply line which is identical to the return and you will see the screen that may be clogged. Follow the directions in the service manual for removal of the burner and clamping the fuel lines so they don’t spill fuel all over! Hope this helps! Mike
Old 04-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Another pic for you!

This picture should help you identify what fitting I found the screen in. Check out the other pictures I posted as well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	62360760-213C-434F-9ADC-6F3B540D3D59.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	241672  
Old 04-12-2019, 12:26 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks, I never would have found that looking for it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:25 PM   #13

I just looked at the service manual that we got in the class and it doesn't mention that screen at all. That's really a shame they haven't documented that screen and where its at. Good that you found it Mike and thanks for sharing the information.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:36 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Gosh must of have been debris from when the Aqua Hot was installed. Wouldn’t think this would have got pass the filter in normal operation.
Yes it’s odd that the Aqua Hot’s service manual does not mention this screen.
Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, switch