Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2017, 11:44 AM   #1

Aquahot exhaust

I am having a problem with my Aquahot putting out heavy exhaust when I turn on the burner. It will settle out after a while but do it again when it comes back on. Anyone seen this before?
jaws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2017, 11:51 AM   #2

Time for service. Nozzle, fuel filter and a burner cleaning. If you're handy, this is DIYable with the only specialty tools required being 2 pairs of hose clamp pliers.

Or, you could be seeing this as a result of high altitude operation. In this case, there is a shutter you can open that will admit more air. You need to search online for the details, but as I recall you remove the cover and loosen the inlet collar and rotate.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:53 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
When was the last time you serviced your unit? I suspect a new fuel filter, nozzle and cleaning will take care of your problem
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:53 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws19 View Post
I am having a problem with my Aquahot putting out heavy exhaust when I turn on the burner. It will settle out after a while but do it again when it comes back on. Anyone seen this before?
Not seeing the year of your coach, have you had your annual service?
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Aquahot exhaust reminds me of the time I parked next to a Prevost in Phoenix. Walked by his coach and the sewer hose was nothing but a spring wire, the plastic all melted.

Talked to him later, it was their first trip and the Aquahot exhaust was right next to their sewer hose connection.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:44 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Aquahot exhaust reminds me of the time I parked next to a Prevost in Phoenix. Walked by his coach and the sewer hose was nothing but a spring wire, the plastic all melted.

Talked to him later, it was their first trip and the Aquahot exhaust was right next to their sewer hose connection.
That happened to me on our first trip out with this coach with Aqua Hot. Saw some soapy water on ground near my wet bay door. Looked closer and saw that the AH exhaust had melted an 18" long hole in my Rhino Flex hose .
I am just glad I saw it before I pulled the handle on the black tank .

Important lesson.....route that hose away from the exhaust.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:45 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

I can see that happening, although my water hose outlet is closer then the sewer hose outlet I'm still careful.
Right now I'm at a friends house and have very limited 15 amp service so I need to run the generator for air con. My gen exhaust is only a couple inches off the ground so I found some bricks, an enamel pan and a wood block to direct the exhaust up and away. I ran the gen at home and completely burned the grass off for a foot or so away so they do get hot.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:08 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

His first coach was a Prevost? Well, I guess you have to start somewhere and work your way up.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

I would caution against changing the air inlet shutter though. It doesn't make much difference at higher altitudes. I checked it with my Fyrite gas analyzer and they seem to work best right where the red line is put on the burner at the factory.

If it runs good after it gets going it may be a sticky fuel solenoid that isn't giving you a clean burner start. Oftentimes they will puff a bit of smoke when the burner stops too. I've rebuilt my burner on my last coach and done the solenoid valve twice in the 8 years I had it so it is possible but I would start with a good cleaning and nozzle replacement first. Make sure the slots in the cast aluminum swirler are not plugged. They tend to get that way.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:51 PM   #10

Thanks to all for your help. Last service was two years ago, so my guess is that is the problem. Will take care of that when I return from my current trip.
jaws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:11 PM   #11

AquaHot's recommendation is for the unit to be serviced yearly (with new filter, new nozzle, removal of combustion chamber and wire brush clean and inspect for cracks should cost you $150 to $200 per service by a service pro. Can be done by you if you know what to look for in the combustion chamber process for $75 or less

Also, turn on the burner at least every 30 days if the coach is not in use. Turn on the burner for a couple of minutes before shutting it down again which burns off the diesel sitting at the nozzle and most likely to begin to thicken and coagulate.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:16 PM   #12

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I paid $200 for a full service (incl parts) at a regional FMCA rally. Took all of 20 min with the tech showing me everything I need to know in the future.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:14 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
His first coach was a Prevost? Well, I guess you have to start somewhere and work your way up.

Well, everybody suggests buying your last coach first. They were from L.A. and very nice people.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:41 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have an 2017 Aspire 44B, has anyone had their carbon monoxide detector alarm go off due to the Aquahot running. We've had this happen a few different times when running the heat, normally after midnight ( what a wake up call).
rlwhite is offline   Reply With Quote