RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2020, 06:32 AM   #1

Aquahot Fluid Leak

2017 Aspire 44b, AH-400

It looks like I'm leaking aquahot fluid.
We used the bus for 2 weeks in June and 3 weeks in August.
We have a guest this week, and she's staying in the "rolling guesthouse"
When I started up the Aquahot diesel burner, I got a burner fault, repeatedly. Checking lights on the control panel showed a red low level. Overflow tank was empty.

It was due, so I did a full burner service. I put a bunch of boiler fluid in before the light went out. I found the DC High Limit Sensor was tripped. (note: there seem to be two of these, they are wired in series, both of mine were tripped. Searches showed they may trip if the fluid level gets very low.)

I think I have a leak. I'll fill it to full hot, come back in 10 minutes and the expansion tank is empty. Put a pint in, repeat.
I've done a cursory check, around and behind the aquahot, under the RV, in the midbath and main bath vanity, and above the water tank where the booster pump is. I'm not seeing anything, and thinking with the volume I seem to be losing that I must have a leak.

How do I find or test for this leak?

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
2017 Aspire 44b, AH-400

It looks like I'm leaking aquahot fluid.
We used the bus for 2 weeks in June and 3 weeks in August.
We have a guest this week, and she's staying in the "rolling guesthouse"
When I started up the Aquahot diesel burner, I got a burner fault, repeatedly. Checking lights on the control panel showed a red low level. Overflow tank was empty.

It was due, so I did a full burner service. I put a bunch of boiler fluid in before the light went out. I found the DC High Limit Sensor was tripped. (note: there seem to be two of these, they are wired in series, both of mine were tripped. Searches showed they may trip if the fluid level gets very low.)

I think I have a leak. I'll fill it to full hot, come back in 10 minutes and the expansion tank is empty. Put a pint in, repeat.
I've done a cursory check, around and behind the aquahot, under the RV, in the midbath and main bath vanity, and above the water tank where the booster pump is. I'm not seeing anything, and thinking with the volume I seem to be losing that I must have a leak.

How do I find or test for this leak?
Jim, not that this is your problem, but I have seen where the Aquahot will leak into the overhead liner of the cargo compartment and not show up because the liner holds it. If you can’t find any other leaks you might want to check for overhead liner sagging in places especially if you’re using the heat.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:55 PM   #3

Mine was leaking in the gap between the floor tile and basement. It turned out a staple had punctured one of the Aqua-hot lines in the floor during install. It was hard to diagnose and find? Good luck.
Motang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:50 PM   #4

Mine had a leak in the plastic hose from the fill jug. It was dripping on the burner and evaporated so no fluid was on the ground but I kept loosing fluid. Simple fix, changed the hose.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:55 PM   #5

Don't know much about servicing those units since mine is propane but is it possible that you are just working out the air in the lines after the service?
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:24 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
Mine had a leak in the plastic hose from the fill jug. It was dripping on the burner and evaporated so no fluid was on the ground but I kept loosing fluid. Simple fix, changed the hose.
The most common place if that hose is not changed from the factory hose. It will turn brown from heat and crack. They always seem to crack on the bottom where it can't be seen.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #7

Fingers crossed here. It's still using a little, 550ml in 2 days.
That's a lot but nuttin compared to the gallons I've put in over last week.

I probably do have a problem, the thing simply should never need multiple gallons of fluid.
Keeping an eye on this for now.

Thanks to everyone who responded.
Note to Mike: Servicing the unit does not require opening up the boiler or draining any fluid.

And yes, I replaced the overflow tank hose with some 5/8" automotive heater hose some time ago, the original clear hose didn't last a year.

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 10:55 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Reading with interest all your post on this subject. Has anyone had a "low level tank cut off" light come on? My expansion tank is empty until it reaches operating temp. Maybe air in the system on my 400P but no low level light.
JohnArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:01 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnArch View Post
Reading with interest all your post on this subject. Has anyone had a "low level tank cut off" light come on? My expansion tank is empty until it reaches operating temp. Maybe air in the system on my 400P but no low level light.
Sounds like you need to add fluid. When cold bring the level up to the cold line until you can run it to full operating temperature (just after gas burner cycles off) then bring the fluid level up to the hot line on the expansion tank.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:07 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thx 757driver - that makes sense. The manual just says to add to hot fill line but doesn't mention if the unit should be at operating temp. It does say to check the level at op temp. Unless I missed something in the manual. I will add to cold fill line then turn it on and watch the level.
JohnArch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluid, leak