Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2021, 08:55 PM   #1

Angry AquaHot..Now what leaks

Picked up our Aspire 40P in August 2020 and immediately hit the road, first stop Denver where unseasonably cool temps and a bit of snow had us using all 3 zones on gas. Did notice a little moisture in one of the bays which I chalked up to a very through cleaning by RV Country. On to Moab etc winding up in Indio. Not much need for heat. Actually added a gallon of fluid in Indio which dealer explained could just have been air in the system.Returned to selling dealer for AGM battery replacement early December. At the dealer reservoir was overflowing. One very steep grade between me and them. Got home and its empty. Then the fun begins. Checked all the heat registers for leaks, took apart the battery compartment to double check. My final check involved removing the trim panel covering the black and grey tanks. Soaking wet. As soon as I turned on 1&3 boiler fluid poured out from the top of the compartment. Spent the next month in a ski area parking lot, thank goodness for electric space heaters ! AquaHot provided hot domestic water, but no heat. Ran it to RV Country in Buckley, Wa where they promptly located failed 18" stainless hose (like you get at Lowes) on the back of of the AH. Dealer ran system for 2 hours, no leaks. Drove about 15miles and the compartment had at least 2 inches of fluid, was literally pouring out of the crossmember. Dealer now says there is failed fitting, someplace in the floor, under the kitchen (DoorSide) slide and they will need several days to remove the slide. Am I the only one with this issue ? I am baffled that Entegra markets a $425K coach with such shoddy equipment. Coach had 15K when we bought it, now has 20K with maybe 48 hours of heating use. One of the big selling points to me considering we spend the winter snow skiing was the efficiency of AquaHot compared to the propane we had in the Newmar. Now Ive traded propane for DEF and not real pleased. I tend to buy something I like and keep it for a long time.
teamwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2021, 09:57 PM   #2

Welcome. You have entered the upscale coach twilight zone. There are many of us here who have spent as much on our coaches as we would have buying a very nice suburban home. We will defend our purchases to the end as we battle daily to keep our coaches operating. Good luck.

I'd still do it again.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:50 PM   #3

Not our first rodeo. Couple of KountryStars, Ventana lasted 10 years, then the nevercold blew up.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:46 AM   #4

Wally

Well, yes, many of us have a number of mouintains that we have to climb with our coaches before we get it all working correctlty.

First, it would really help us all if you had a signature section that appeared with your posts as we really dont know what year and model coach you have without it. It is easy to do from some computers and difficult/impossible to do from some phone or pads, but it sure would help. Go to the UserCP (control panel), go down the left side, open signature section and add all your major equipment which should then appear at the bottom of each post.

Now, I have had two Entegra coaches (15 Anthem and 19 Cornerstone) and a ton of problems and luckily, never had that problem so I am of no use to you at all, sadly. However, I have an observation that may add something. To me, you have two likely explanations of your problem. This is a typical wear and tear problem that you are working through. It might have been why the coach was traded in to a dealer for another coach and has been an uncorrected problem since it left the factory or developed long before you bought the coach. Heavy winter use for snowbirds is not a common use of a class A luxury coach and I wonder how many hours the AquaHot has been used by the previous owners. Just wondering.

Second, you may have a problem system, or you may have a problem dealer repair situation. I can easily understand you having a new problem which involves a leak for any number of reasons, but what I have a more difficult time understanding is having a second major problem in the same general area..... makes me wonder about the competence of the repair work. Sadly, there are a lot of dealers out there and techs that really are the types that make mistakes and dont thoroughly do repairs. Some repairs repair one thing and screw up another thing.

I have not read about your specific problem on here and I have been reading this forum carefully for 5 or 6 years now so I have not heard a long history of similar problems. In fact, that sort of problem has been rare, I think. Please keep coming back and adding to your post and letting us all know what you find so we can all learn from your experience.

Good luck and hope you get it resolved fully this time.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:20 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Been there big time with Aqua Hot. To blame Entegra for installing the "top rated" boiler system on the RV market is a little harsh. When I had my major problems, Entegra even flew the owner out from CO to find out why these problems were happening. From experience Entegra does there job, it is Aqua Hot that has a problem.
I had a post that went on for 6 months with the problems I had with Aqua Hot. Put the blame where it belongs, and I am behind you 100%. But Entegra is the wrong party to blame, believe me, they are your friend when it comes to getting a problem solved that is caused by Aqua Hot. Just My Experience.

If you are still in CO Aqua Hot headquarter is in Greeley just north of Denver. They have been good at getting to the bottom of problems, sometime with a lot of pushing, but they do stand behind their products.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Been there big time with Aqua Hot. To blame Entegra for installing the "top rated" boiler system on the RV market is a little harsh. When I had my major problems, Entegra even flew the owner out from CO to find out why these problems were happening. From experience Entegra does there job, it is Aqua Hot that has a problem.
I had a post that went on for 6 months with the problems I had with Aqua Hot. Put the blame where it belongs, and I am behind you 100%. But Entegra is the wrong party to blame, believe me, they are your friend when it comes to getting a problem solved that is caused by Aqua Hot. Just My Experience.

If you are still in CO Aqua Hot headquarter is in Greeley just north of Denver. They have been good at getting to the bottom of problems, sometime with a lot of pushing, but they do stand behind their products.
Chuck, I know you have minimal love lost for Aqua-Hot, so I trust you won't take offense at me saying I'm not sure the Aqua-Hot system is the top rated boiler system in the RV marketplace. Several individuals whose opinions I respect have told me they believe the Oasis system is every bit as good or better. And not all of them are Newmar owners.

Amy & I have owned two coaches with the Aqua-Hot system and none with the Oasis system, so I don't have any personal experience with the Oasis system. It would be interesting to hear from owners who've had both.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:54 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Larry, I agree, maybe I should have said "best selling". Either way, they are lacking no matter which sales brochure is being read.

I see on the Newmar forum, they have the same complaints as we do with boards, thermostats etc.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Larry, I agree, maybe I should have said "best selling". Either way, they are lacking no matter which sales brochure is being read.

I see on the Newmar forum, they have the same complaints as we do with boards, thermostats etc.
Chuck, I guess it's kinda like when your buddy says you can date either one of his sisters but they're both rather cantankerous and neither is especially good looking.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:58 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Chuck, I guess it's kinda like when your buddy says you can date either one of his sisters but they're both rather cantankerous and neither is especially good looking.

HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamwally View Post
Not our first rodeo. Couple of KountryStars, Ventana lasted 10 years, then the nevercold blew up.
Curious as to what brought you over to the Entegra side?
Thanks
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:15 PM   #11

Been super pleased with Newmars. We are pretty committed to not having a tag, as we spend the winters snow skiing, and thats where Entegra hooked me. 41', 450HP 4 antilocks and then the 15K hitch to pull the Jeep hauler for our trips south in spring and fall. Couldnt find that combo with Newmar
Old 01-16-2021, 07:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamwally View Post
Been super pleased with Newmars. We are pretty committed to not having a tag, as we spend the winters snow skiing, and thats where Entegra hooked me. 41', 450HP 4 antilocks and then the 15K hitch to pull the Jeep hauler for our trips south in spring and fall. Couldnt find that combo with Newmar
What is your reasoning for not wanting a tag axle on a coach that is 40-41 feet?
We are downsizing in our next purchase and seems everyone with coaches at 40 say don’t get one without a tag.
Thanks
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:07 AM   #13

Yeah, I’m real curious to your reasoning for not wanting a tag. Look forward to your reply.
Rmrhoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:30 AM   #14

Beyond 40' one should not even consider a coach without a tag axle. Most less than 40' are not going to have a tag axle, but there are some.

My first coach was a Monaco Dynasty, 40' with tag.

The additional stability of the tag axle even under 40' is a real plus if you can find one. I hate driving anything with a long overhang in the rear and only a single drive axle. I used to drive a very long moving van with a single drive axle and a very long overhang back to the rear of the coach, and even loaded with someone's furniture, driving that sucker was fun when there was heavy broadside wind or a big semi barreled past me 15 miles per hour faster than I was traveling.... some call it "tail wag", but whatever it is known as, it was not fun to drive. That extra axle back there provides a LOT of stability.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaks