Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2020, 07:45 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
AquaHot Service Question

Doing my first annual AquaHot service. I've already replaced the fuel filter and ready to tackle the nozzle. I see that Entegra uses the AquaHots that have metal fuel lines on the inside, so before removing the burner, I am going to have to disconnect the fuel lines. This will be new to me, so are there any tricks/cautions that I will need to know? Just from looking at the inside of the unit, it looks like I loosen the silver metal (opposed to brass) connectors on the bottom-most portion inside the unit where the lines enter from the outside, would that be right? Thanks all...
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2020, 07:56 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
Doing my first annual AquaHot service. I've already replaced the fuel filter and ready to tackle the nozzle. I see that Entegra uses the AquaHots that have metal fuel lines on the inside, so before removing the burner, I am going to have to disconnect the fuel lines. This will be new to me, so are there any tricks/cautions that I will need to know? Just from looking at the inside of the unit, it looks like I loosen the silver metal (opposed to brass) connectors on the bottom-most portion inside the unit where the lines enter from the outside, would that be right? Thanks all...
Pinch off the rubber lines like you did when changing the filter. When putting them back on, finger tight as much as you can before you put the wrench back on. You don't want to cross thread those connections.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AH fuel lines.png
Views:	46
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	290264  
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:10 AM   #3

I get my Aqua Hot serviced every year for $200 including fuel filter and nozzle. The tech cleans the burner installs a new nozzle and new fuel filter. It’s worth it to me for $$200 to have someone else do it and I just enjoy my retirement. But to each his own.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:55 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
I just did mine. The fuel lines inside are disconnected on the right side. Pinch off those also.

Be careful no to over tighten the two swing bolts that hold the burner to the unit. I wouldn't use more than 30 inch pounds to them.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:10 AM   #5

Best to use a tubing wrench so you don’t round off the hex on the fitting. It surrounds more of the hex available at most auto parts stores.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
I just did mine. The fuel lines inside are disconnected on the right side. Pinch off those also.

Be careful no to over tighten the two swing bolts that hold the burner to the unit. I wouldn't use more than 30 inch pounds to them.

Key word there is INCH pounds... not foot pounds
Old 06-20-2020, 12:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointrow View Post
Best to use a tubing wrench so you don’t round off the hex on the fitting. It surrounds more of the hex available at most auto parts stores.
This all day. I rounded one off and now it is difficult to remove. (I just did mine yesterday and I need to replace it next time. Going to order the flexible hoses to replace the metal lines so I don’t have to disconnect each time.)

The nozzle is $12-$15 and I use aftermarket filter.
Wix - 33109
LuberFiner – LFF5

Wire brush to clean burner components, sand paper for the igniter wires and rubbing alcohol to clean photo cell.

Total is about $25 and it takes 30 mins.
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:38 PM   #8

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
Key word there is INCH pounds... not foot pounds
AND... USE a Torque Wrench!!!!!! The burner housing can crack and "bolt ears" can distort or break!!!! don't ask how I know this..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:41 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks to all... Magic-carpet, thank you for the pages! I mentioned previously how we can sometimes have so much information, we don't use all of our available resources. I had gotten so comfortable with YouTube video, I forgot all about the service manual... which I already had... until Magic-carpet posted the page of info I was looking for. Again, thanks to all!
Old 06-20-2020, 02:25 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Again, thanks all. Now here's one more question... on all the AquaHots I've seen, when the combustion chamber is pulled, it is connected to a long tube (the combustion chamber tube). My/Entegra AquaHot is a short part (Parts# 1 & 2, swirler and swirler housing), and the combustion chamber tube is a separate component that is screwed into the AquaHot casing (Item# 3) in the picture. Does anyone actually pull the combustion chamber tube out to clean it (I doubt it, but just wondering)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Combustion Chamber.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	290315  
Old 06-20-2020, 02:58 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
I get my Aqua Hot serviced every year for $200 including fuel filter and nozzle. The tech cleans the burner installs a new nozzle and new fuel filter. It’s worth it to me for $$200 to have someone else do it and I just enjoy my retirement. But to each his own.
X2! I love the little, no brainer, jobs but the Aqua-hot is way too valuable to us and complicated for me to muck something up and mess up a trip. JMHO
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Again, thanks all. Now here's one more question... on all the AquaHots I've seen, when the combustion chamber is pulled, it is connected to a long tube (the combustion chamber tube). My/Entegra AquaHot is a short part (Parts# 1 & 2, swirler and swirler housing), and the combustion chamber tube is a separate component that is screwed into the AquaHot casing (Item# 3) in the picture. Does anyone actually pull the combustion chamber tube out to clean it (I doubt it, but just wondering)?
I pulled mine out once and it was super clean in there. I suppose after a couple years I'll pull it again. Its tougher than it looks to get out and back in again. At least for me it was.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:23 PM   #13

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
AND... USE a Torque Wrench!!!!!! The burner housing can crack and "bolt ears" can distort or break!!!! don't ask how I know this..
I find it pretty much impossible to get a torque wrench at those nuts.

A 1/4" drive ratchet, with your hand right up by the head of the ratchet, so your just using your wrist. It's a feel thing.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:16 PM   #14

Quote:
I wipe out the tube without removing. The swirler and housing I clean with wire brush.
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service