Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2017, 07:33 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
As I said before....perhaps not the dealer but a sales guy with a big mouth. I don't believe this is Ty, the owner at Beaver. But like most dealers, they have a pretty long mine of coaches awaiting service. And I am proof in fact, if you make an appointment in advance, they will work your coach, regardless of where you bought it. Service departments are in the business of keeping their stalls full. And, I know that beaver has taken emergency fixes as well when it was a safety issue and worked them in. I saw virtually every brand of coaches there, Newmar, AC, Thor, Winnebago, Tiffin, and several brands that are no longer in business. Proof is in the actions. My guess is that if that sales person's name was made known to the owner, there would be a back side chewing. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2017, 05:59 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrash View Post
No fault lights. I did talk to Darin Hathaway. Very helpful. He had me remove face plate of Aquahot burner and check in line 20 amp bus fuse. It was burnt out. Replaced and hit burner switch in bathroom. Both electric and burner switch lights went out so blew both 25 amp fuse for Aquahot in front driver side compartment and the 20 amp in line fuse by burner. Darin felt the problem is either the control box or berrings(sp?). Still looking to get help. Aquahot may pay for parts but not labor if we don't take in to one of their approved shops. On hold with Entegra to discuss. Thanks
Glad you were able to get help from Darin. He is better at troubleshooting over the phone than Aqua Hot in my opinion. Hopefully he has you pointed in the right direction for the repair.

Just met a person here in MI that had AH problems. Darin was meeting them in a parking lot in Elkhart on a Saturday to keep them on the road for their Monday reservations. Sure wish there was someone on the west coast like that for you.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:29 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
We live in Kamloops, British Columbia. We only have two places
AH certified in the Province. Unfortunately, they are not as good as they
think they are.
We get our unit fully serviced each year from John Carillo, while we
snowbird in the USA. He does all the rebuild for AH and travels around to all
the shows. We book him while we are at Quartzsite each year.

We had our unit replaced four years ago (due to a mis-diagnosis) and
headed down to Florida. YEP, unit quit. Called dealers and they said they
would only check it out if we were prepared to pay for a service. They said
AH would not pay them unless they found the problem, so were not prepared
to have a tech spend time and not find something.
We were in contact with AH, they kept trying to find someone for us as we
moved west. Finally in California John agreed to look at it. He replaced the controller and found a loose ground wire (from the install) that caused the
problem. Last year when John serviced the unit he mentioned that the
igniter was getting weak and would need replacing in a couple of years.

Look up Hydronic Heating and get Johns schedule.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #32

Thanks for the info. We'll look him up if we can't get the repair completed at High Desert RV in Prineville.
gbrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:10 AM   #33

Where did you purchase your rv it's only 2 1/2 months old why are you not taking it back there
brodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:17 AM   #34

Quote:
We have a 2018 Entegra Aspire 44W. This morning, the hot water stopped. When I checked, both lights on the switches (electric and burner) in the half bath were out. Called Entegra and they helped me to find the 25 amp fuse that had obviously burned out. Replaced and tried to restart Electric and Burner. Fuse burned out again. Entegra had me make sure all wires were connected tightly behind control panel. Put in another fuse. Now electric stays on but diesel burner on Aquahot does not come on even though switch may light for varying lengths of time. We are full timers in Salem, Oregon and can't locate a mobile service for Aquahot. Entegra can't get us local mobile help nor can Aquahot. Any suggestions for a new owner and non technical guy? We've only had coach 2 1/2 months. Thanks!
Start the Coach engine for emergency showers - takes maybe 15 minutes to warm up using engine heat. Heat pumps for heat or A/C?

You will need a good tech to isolate the issue, so just call the factory or make a side trip to a good tech.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:58 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Good suggestion from Bussskipper.
If it's blowing both fuses, you obviously have a short somewhere. You will need a good experienced tech to isolate where the short is. Roger hosts an Aqua Hot forum (link below) that is the best. You might post your issue on his forum and see what he suggests. He is usually very quick in getting back to you and always dead on target. Good luck!

RV Hydronic Heater Repair - Home
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:21 AM   #36

Interestingly, it blows both fuses if we try to run both electric and burner. We've been able to keep electric running by itself. We called Aquahot several times and because no approved mobile techs can get to us, they want us to book with an S & B place. Most are booked out to October or November and because we're full timing, we're limited in just leaving the coach somewhere. We had a rear awning adjustment scheduled near Bend, Oregon and they have done a lot of Aquahot work, I found out after this problem arose. We will go there late next week for repairs and we have contacted Aquahot about. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
No fault lights. I did talk to Darin Hathaway. Very helpful. He had me remove face plate of Aquahot burner and check in line 20 amp bus fuse. It was burnt out. Replaced and hit burner switch in bathroom. Both electric and burner switch lights went out so blew both 25 amp fuse for Aquahot in front driver side compartment and the 20 amp in line fuse by burner. Darin felt the problem is either the control box or berrings(sp?). Still looking to get help. Aquahot may pay for parts but not labor if we don't take in to one of their approved shops. On hold with Entegra to discuss. Thanks
Not sure if this will help, but always like to pay forward if possible, since so many posts on this site have helped me.

I have an LP model, not Diesel, but the concept should still be the same (switching between Diesel and Electric or LP and Electric).

Darin spoke of a Control Box or Module. In this pic, I have arrows pointing to the Control Module, Burnt Wire, and Temp Sensor. I didn't blow a fuse, but I could only run on Electric, not LP. Then, both went out. Pulled the cover to find what's in this pic. I had pulled the cover off twice before, and didn't see the problem (forgot my glasses). So take your time, and look carefully at the components. Make sure all switches are off, including the "Water Heater" breaker above the drivers seat (if you have one).

Second pic, shows the control module itself. You can see where the module got hot. It's obvious where the connection to the Sensor became hot enough to discolor the Module and melt the plastic covering and wire connected.

With Darin onsite, we decided to replace the wire, along with the module and Temp sensor, since we didn't really know the cause. When he went to pull the sensor out, it crumbled. Might not have know it was so brittle, if not attempting to replace everything associated with the module, and burnt wire.

Just sharing my experience, hoping it will get you running soon.

If I didn't have Darin close by, Aquahot would have sent me the parts to do it myself.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aqua375LP.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	822.4 KB
ID:	177340   Click image for larger version

Name:	079.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	177341  

HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #38

Mine is substantially different than what I'm seeing here, the control box actually slides out of the burner housing, but I could certainly understand missing something as there are many wires/attachments involved. I'll take another look. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Right, you may have the 400D, where the control module is a silver box...i believe.

Slide it out, with two connectors on the bottom. I'd remove and reinsert those two connectors checking for loose wires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aqua400D.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	420.6 KB
ID:	177360  
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:16 PM   #40

It's black, but does have two connectors which I did check and push to seat before sliding back in place. I will mention all of this to the repair shop next week. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2017, 03:54 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
The silver box is the old style. The black box is digital. They work the same
except the black box does an initial test before firing.
If you have the burner switch off and turn it on, the burner will do a "test".
You can hear this even if it does not require heat, It will just not fire if not
required.

Strange part of this is the electric runs on 110 power, the burner runs
on 12 volt. They are both separate from each other but the burner kicks in
when the electric cannot handle the demand. We leave the electric on
whenever plugged into shore power but shut it off if boondocking. It
draws too much power on the batteries. We just use the burner when
not plugged in.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:06 AM   #42

Makes sense and I sort of assumed that, but we turned on and off a couple times a day for showers. We turned it off after showering, assuming it would use some diesel if we left on, though wasn't sure on that part. I did wonder if turning on and off that often could cause an issue but neither Aquahot nor Entegra mentioned that it could be a problem.