Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #1

Are Ceiling A/C Vents Blocked When Driving Down the Road?

Hi... My wife and I toured several coaches at Alvarado, Texas recently but did not know at that time to check to see if Entegra ceiling a/c cold air output supply vents are in anyway blocked by the slide outs when they are in and one is driving down the road. Recently learned from another coach owner that the American Coach a/c supply vents are mounted too far toward the outer walls that when the slides are in and you are driving down the road, all the air output / cold air supply is blowing down directly on the top of the slides severely limiting the ability to cool the inside of the coach. Thank you, Jeff
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd956jd956 View Post
Hi... My wife and I toured several coaches at Alvarado, Texas recently but did not know at that time to check to see if Entegra ceiling a/c cold air output supply vents are in anyway blocked by the slide outs when they are in and one is driving down the road. Recently learned from another coach owner that the American Coach a/c supply vents are mounted too far toward the outer walls that when the slides are in and you are driving down the road, all the air output / cold air supply is blowing down directly on the top of the slides severely limiting the ability to cool the inside of the coach. Thank you, Jeff
Yes they are, however I can say that driving through the desert with 100+ degree temps I only had 2 of the 3 A/Cs going and a fan. It kept the coach good enough for my menopausal mother to feel comfortable between the "head in freezer" moments.
Incognito. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #3

Actually the two front vents are completely open when the slides are in as well as the ones in the bathroom and potty room. They keep our coach cool going down the road with 2 Acs running.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:11 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes and no.. When my main slide is in the air vents blow down onto the top of the slide.. But the top of the slide is open to the INSIDE of the "House" so it still gets to where tis needed. And the two most important vents (The one over the front seats) are not blocked at all.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:32 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
As you can see by the responses, it depends on which model you have as to whether or not the front ducts are wide open or not. They will still be letting some air flow regardless.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:40 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We just returned from the Keys with the heat index at 112 degrees in a 42 RBQ. We ran only A/C 1 which is the front A/C and we were very comfortable. Zone 2 is blocked by the slides, but zone 1 and 3 are fine. On zone 1 there are two ducts blowing down on both front seat which is all we need for just the two of us traveling.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #7

[QUOTE=Nowabeachbum;2197046]As you can see by the responses, it depends on which model you have as to whether or not the front ducts are wide open or not. They will still be letting some air flow regardless.[/QUOTE
Gary, I added two outlets to the very front of the a/c duct on our 44 Dlq. There was 30 inches of duct forward of the last two outlets Entegra installed. I put pictures in a previous thread. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:53 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I agree with everyone regarding the location of the a/c vents. However, I have driven in 95 degree heat with just the front a/c going and was quite comfortable. Now, back in the galley - that is another matter.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:07 AM   #9

Silly question perhaps.. Is it possible to close the vents that will be blocked when traveling? Or are they non adjustable?
Old 08-25-2014, 07:14 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I don't see a reason to block them as much of the air does spill over the slideout and into the coach.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:21 AM   #11

Cool.. Thanx
Old 08-25-2014, 07:22 AM   #12

I'm guessing its more of a zone control thing than a blocked vent thing?
Old 08-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDefector View Post
I'm guessing its more of a zone control thing than a blocked vent thing?
None of the vents are blocked when the slides are in. The a/c system still puts the full output into the mh albeit some of it on top of the slides. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDefector View Post
Silly question perhaps.. Is it possible to close the vents that will be blocked when traveling? Or are they non adjustable?
They are adjustable. I have to close the vent half way in the 1/2 bath or it is like a meat locker in there.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling, vent