Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2016, 08:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicalgas View Post
Since "Scout II" is so new, we haven't had a chance to test the storage limits.
The absence of Windows is really a benefit. A) less heat penetration into the bunkhouse B) less light to wake up the bunk occupants
Storage for the bunk area is a big question, and we'll have to adjust and accommodate. There is a set of cabinets at the foot of the bunks and large drawers in the bedroom that can be shared. There is even a small amount of storage space under the bottom bunk for seldom used things.
Hope this helped.

Helps a lot. Thanks. Please excuse my unending appetite for details, but a follow up question and comment:

1. I hadn't detected a storage area under the bottom bunk from any of the pictures I've seen, so good to know. From your description ("seldom used items"), am I right in thinking that it's a "lift the mattress to access" situation?

I wonder why they didn't just put some shallow drawers there instead. Kids' clothes are pretty compact and so I think even one row of shallow drawers across the length of the bed would be very helpful in making it work as a long-term space for a kid or two (which I think is usually why people buy bunkhouse models to begin with).

2. I get your points about the downside of windows in the bunk area. But on balance I would much prefer to have them. The windows near the head of the bed in the master bedroom are one of my favorite features of RVs -- fresh air at night and sound of birds in the morning and all. Maybe it's a situation where an option could be offered to accommodate different tastes. From what I have read, it sounds like adding windows after manufacture is a difficult and risky proposition.

Thanks again for being such a good sport and allowing us to pester you with questions and opinions. I guess that's what you get for buying the first one! I hope I can return the favor somehow someday.

Mike
2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1

2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1
M Bakunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2016, 10:00 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Bakunin View Post
Helps a lot. Thanks. Please excuse my unending appetite for details, but a follow up question and comment:

1. I hadn't detected a storage area under the bottom bunk from any of the pictures I've seen, so good to know. From your description ("seldom used items"), am I right in thinking that it's a "lift the mattress to access" situation?

I wonder why they didn't just put some shallow drawers there instead. Kids' clothes are pretty compact and so I think even one row of shallow drawers across the length of the bed would be very helpful in making it work as a long-term space for a kid or two (which I think is usually why people buy bunkhouse models to begin with).

2. I get your points about the downside of windows in the bunk area. But on balance I would much prefer to have them. The windows near the head of the bed in the master bedroom are one of my favorite features of RVs -- fresh air at night and sound of birds in the morning and all. Maybe it's a situation where an option could be offered to accommodate different tastes. From what I have read, it sounds like adding windows after manufacture is a difficult and risky proposition.

Thanks again for being such a good sport and allowing us to pester you with questions and opinions. I guess that's what you get for buying the first one! I hope I can return the favor somehow someday.

Mike
2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1
1. Yes, the mattress sits on a pallet foundation and that lifts to reveal storage. We weren't told about it either and just found it on our own poking around. There are 4 very deep drawers at the foot of the bunk beds accessible from the hallway. I may have to go over to Scout II and take a picture for you. Part of the largest space is taken up by the TV's but they are inset by a foot or so creating a gap for storage on both the top and the bottom, but there is also space below the TV's in the same compartment that is separated by a piece of wood (like the bottom of a drawer) and then also a completely separate drawer. All in all, not a lot of space, but definitely usable.
2. In our previous bunkhouse RV, the window was a source of leaks, heat, and light. I think your kids or grandkids will thank you for not getting them IMHO. Plus, if the birds or sunlight wakes them up at 5:30am will you want to get up too? I wouldn't, but that's me... doesn't have to be you. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask the Entegra rep whether windows could be added.
I shouldn't say this, but I haven't minded the pestering. I'm glad I could answer questions for folks. Yeah, if I'd known that buying the first one would create such a buzz maybe I wouldn't have done it... NOT. haha.
classicalgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:22 PM   #31

Quote:
1. Yes, the mattress sits on a pallet foundation and that lifts to reveal storage. We weren't told about it either and just found it on our own poking around. There are 4 very deep drawers at the foot of the bunk beds accessible from the hallway. I may have to go over to Scout II and take a picture for you. Part of the largest space is taken up by the TV's but they are inset by a foot or so creating a gap for storage on both the top and the bottom, but there is also space below the TV's in the same compartment that is separated by a piece of wood (like the bottom of a drawer) and then also a completely separate drawer. All in all, not a lot of space, but definitely usable.

2. In our previous bunkhouse RV, the window was a source of leaks, heat, and light. I think your kids or grandkids will thank you for not getting them IMHO. Plus, if the birds or sunlight wakes them up at 5:30am will you want to get up too? I wouldn't, but that's me... doesn't have to be you. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask the Entegra rep whether windows could be added.

I shouldn't say this, but I haven't minded the pestering. I'm glad I could answer questions for folks. Yeah, if I'd known that buying the first one would create such a buzz maybe I wouldn't have done it... NOT. haha.

Thanks again. I am intrigued (and a bit perplexed) about the drawers. If you do get a chance to take a picture at some point, it would be much appreciated.

Last question (for tonight anyway) -- are the media electronics (DVD player, satellite dish controller, etc) in that row of cabinets above the dinette? Is there room to add computer-related devices (NAS, router, cell booster, etc.) up there?

Mike
2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1

2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1
Old 02-10-2016, 07:01 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
You're welcome. I'll get a picture out when I can.

The electronics cabinet is above the dinette on the far left. There is definitely room for more stuff up there.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:53 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Here are a couple of pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1455130404219.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	118755   Click image for larger version

Name:	1455130418310.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	118756  

Name:	1455130429945.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	118757  
Old 02-10-2016, 12:12 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
One more picture - behind the dinette (so you can see how much space is being used.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1455131525917.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	118758  
Old 02-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #35

Greg, first off, thank you so much for posting your responses and pictures. They are both extremely helpful. You had mentioned that it's tight with the slides in to walk down the hallway. Not meaning to sound too much like Johnny Carson, but how tight is it? Would someone of average size have difficulty navigating the hallway with the slides in?
Old 02-10-2016, 05:04 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
No problem for avg. size people. Also I have 2 more pictures of the bedroom storage.
1. Under the bed
2. Mstr bdrm. Dresser
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1455149007941.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	118784   Click image for larger version

Name:	1455149068212.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	118785  

Old 02-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #37

Quote:
No problem for avg. size people. Also I have 2 more pictures of the bedroom storage.
1. Under the bed
2. Mstr bdrm. Dresser

Greg,

Thanks so much for the pictures and the info. Very helpful. Those drawers at the head of the bunks look pretty clever. I had no idea they were there.

I spoke to a local dealer yesterday who said they have two 44R's coming, but they are both sold already.

Please keep sharing your experiences and information.

Mike
2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1

2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1
Old 02-12-2016, 06:46 AM   #38

Thanks Greg for all the info. You're a great sport, letting us "tour" your new coach. Hope you guys get to enjoy it, and I'm sure we will run into each other with our twin 44R's at some point down the road. My family and I are in Tampa.

-Phillip
pmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:28 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcmillan View Post
Thanks Greg for all the info. You're a great sport, letting us "tour" your new coach. Hope you guys get to enjoy it, and I'm sure we will run into each other with our twin 44R's at some point down the road. My family and I are in Tampa.

-Phillip
Phillip, we'll look forward to meeting you. I hope you can find a 44R for yourself so we can be indeed be twins. If I hadn't mentioned it before we live in Lakeland, so we're nearly neighbors.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:45 AM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Bakunin View Post
Greg,

Thanks so much for the pictures and the info. Very helpful. Those drawers at the head of the bunks look pretty clever. I had no idea they were there.

I spoke to a local dealer yesterday who said they have two 44R's coming, but they are both sold already.

Please keep sharing your experiences and information.

Mike
2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1
Mike,
I have an idea for you. Call Lazydays (813) 246-4999 and ask for Ted Cook (who is the Entegra factory rep). Ted should be able to tell you where new 44R units are being shipped. Good luck.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:57 AM   #41

Well, we've had a chance to see Greg's pictures of his new Aspire 44R. It is a beautiful rig and looks great. The problem we have is that we want to have a booth dinette and at least a queen sized hide-a-bed and Entegra just does not offer anything like that. I honestly don't understand their reluctance to have that as an option in at least one model. It would seem to be relatively easy to add. Oh well, the search shall continue.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:17 PM   #42

The 44B with the 100 inch sofa has a queen sized hide-a-bed. It looks good and we like it better than the L shaped sofa.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote