Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2017, 09:47 PM   #99

Our 45 B has ample room to get to the bathroom, fix and eat lunch etc with slides in. Have even watched an evening of tv and slept with the slides in with high winds blowing so did not want to expose toppers to possible damage. Not like a coach without slides but easily doable. All JMHO

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2017, 06:39 AM   #100

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranemec View Post
Holy crap! Do you have to be a toothpick to go to the bathroom in these? This was the very reason we chose our AC over Entegra. Notice the Coco dog is happy too. Lol.
Attachment 149116
Hate to bust you choice bubble, but the Entegra RBQ has much more room than that floor plan with the slides closed. No sofa sticking in the isle. We have stayed comfortably overnight with all of the slide closed. Full size booth too. Not all floor plans are going to be what everyone wants. I have no need for a bunkhouse model, but is what this post is about and it is the right floor plan for them.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:23 AM   #101

I wish there were more pics of units with slides closed. I realize living in it when parked is very important, but the drive during the trip is equally important for our family of 4 plus the dog...as that's the main reason we are moving to a dp from our fifth (5,000 mile trips in a truck and fiver made us realize this)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:44 AM   #102

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Not knocking Entegra at all. They are really nice coaches but they aren't the only nice coach. We looked at a 44B closed up and it was too tight for our liking.
I also wish more people would post pics of them closed up. Every coach we looked at we made them close it. We looked at them all.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:11 AM   #103

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I recently went through the decision & purchasing phase. We narrowed it down to the Aspire 44R & Dutch Star 4310 since we were upgrading to a new bunk model. From research they seemed to be the best 2 on the market. Ultimately it came down to floor plan & decor which we eventually liked the 4310 better. I feel both are great coaches & we couldn't of gone wrong either way. I did attach a picture of ours with slides in, seems we have a bit more space than 44R when closed up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4142.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	149151  
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranemec View Post
Holy crap! Do you have to be a toothpick to go to the bathroom in these? This was the very reason we chose our AC over Entegra. Notice the Coco dog is happy too. Lol.
Attachment 149116
For us, it was all about a) the configuration while traveling with the slides in (where are the couches, TV, access to bathroom, refrigerator, etc) and b) how much room did we have when we arrive?

Deeper slides mean more room/space when slides are out - the trade is the available room when the slides are in. Takes just a few seconds to extend slides when we are parked. What's nice about the Entegra is you don't even have to be leveled out to extend them. Pull into a rest stop, pop them out if you want more room.

In the end, we decided the destination was most important. Like many, we were considering this over a dually/5-er. Imagine 3 little kids in the back seat of a truck vs. on a comfortable couch in a MH, able to get up and use the restroom whenever. The 44R dining table is right in front of the couch so they can eat while traveling as well (look out for spilled drinks though!). Plus, once we park and the slides are out, the space is massive for the kids to be down and play. When moving, with few exceptions, they stay in their belts, so all the room in the world wouldn't really matter.

The plethora of MH floorplans is evidence of the variety of opinions on this. At the end of the day, no BH floorplan seems to provide much room with slides in - it is a tradeoff. I found the 44R hallway to be a bit tighter than the 4310, but my thin wife (brownie points) and my little kids could care less, so i suck it in the few times i need to stop and use the restroom when we stop during travel.
pmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #105

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcmillan View Post
Thanks Greg for all the info. You're a great sport, letting us "tour" your new coach. Hope you guys get to enjoy it, and I'm sure we will run into each other with our twin 44R's at some point down the road. My family and I are in Tampa.

-Phillip
Here is a follow up nearly 12 months later.

We put 16K miles on Scout II this year. We've been having a great time. This year we'll be going to the RV Supershow (ECOA dinner) in Tampa and then our first rally will be the Sweetheart Soiree at the Lazydays RV Resort in February (8th - 11th). I've just made reservations for the Buckhorn Lake Rally (ECOA sponsored event) in Kerrville TX in May. The highlight will be Zion NP in October before returning to Florida.

Where are you headed this year?
classicalgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:51 AM   #106

Brian, actually your beautiful Dutch Star looks about the same as our 44R when buttoned up, I'd have to take a tape to it to be sure.

I completely agree that choosing between Newmar, and Entegra was a difficult call for us to make as well.

As a buyer, I feel there are so many good choices out there as each brand is pushing competitors to achieve a higher standard.

AC, Newmar, Entegra, and Tiffin are all really good coaches.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:04 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicalgas View Post
Here is a follow up nearly 12 months later.

We put 16K miles on Scout II this year. We've been having a great time. This year we'll be going to the RV Supershow (ECOA dinner) in Tampa and then our first rally will be the Sweetheart Soiree at the Lazydays RV Resort in February (8th - 11th). I've just made reservations for the Buckhorn Lake Rally (ECOA sponsored event) in Kerrville TX in May. The highlight will be Zion NP in October before returning to Florida.

Where are you headed this year?
Sorry classicalgas, missed this somehow.

Well, if the coach ever gets out of LazyDays service (been there since late November), we are planning a 6-week tour of the Northeast this summer. We did Charleston over Thanksgiving and had a blast - great coach, serious improvement over the gasser we had before. Drives like a dream.

As far as the quietest coach on the road, the jury is still out - turns out our entry door isn't sealing properly and so they have Entegra trying to sort it out. I'm confident they will get it fixed and we can really enjoy our next trip. Will probably take a couple weekends between now and the summer if they get it sorted out soon.

Hope you guys are enjoying the rally. Kerrville is one of my old stomping grounds, that'll be a lot of fun and some great fishing in the area. Zion will be incredible - I'm hoping to get out west in summer 2018 when the kids are out of school, we will see what happens. Let me know how the coach does out west in the mountains - we tow pretty heavy vehicles so i'm a bit worried. Did you find a lot of parks that will take a 45' unit?
pmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:28 AM   #108

Entegra Owners Club
We're at LD right now. Service appt on Monday. Let's get together if you're available. Send me a message.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:22 PM   #109

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
I wish there were more pics of units with slides closed. I realize living in it when parked is very important, but the drive during the trip is equally important for our family of 4 plus the dog...as that's the main reason we are moving to a dp from our fifth (5,000 mile trips in a truck and fiver made us realize this)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be glad to send you some pictures if you are still trying to decide if it is the right floorplan for your family.

I can tell you from personal experience that DW and I along with 2 grandkids (10 & 12) + a dog had plenty of room although it wouldn't be what you might call spacious with the slides in. Adequate is a better term. Workable is another.

We need both the storage space and the sleeping space that the 44R provides and sacrifice other things. No fireplace, odd dinette, tight hallway to the mid-bathroom. Works for us.

Let me know what you'd like to see.

Greg

btw, we put around 16,000 miles on our 2016 this year and earned our road warrior travel badges with this model.