Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2015, 09:44 PM   #15

Never ran the LP on thec Aspire while driving as the front heater was enough to keep the two of us warm when moving down the road (-7 degrees when we left the plant last January). Just missed the Atlanta ice storm on the way to Florida.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
My understanding of Aqua Hot is that it does not prioritize heat sources. That means that when it wants heat, both the fuel and electric will be used until boiler is up to temp. That's why I leave the fuel off (unless showering) when I have power.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:20 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for your replies on the LP Switch of the Aqua Hot being in the "on" position while driving. I understand propane refrigerators running while traveling and some of the other points about propane used in other equipment. What I don't see is the Aqua Hot manual, or the Entegra literature advising the LP switch can be used while driving. (unless I overlooked it)

Like many of you, I have opened my unit to work on or service various parts, and I am also surprised that the bottom is fairly open to all the elements. With all the electrical connections and fuse slots that are exposed to water, dust, and debris from driving, I am wondering if some of these problems are not caused from this. I don't see Spartan leaving the fuse boxes exposed, and don't know any automobiles that have exposed fuse and electrical connections to this extent exposed? I ordered and new fuse block for my AH unit today because the bottom fuse will not stay seated properly, and the entire AH inside the case is dirty.

If the propane flame is protected inside the AH unit from all the elements and does not run the risk of being blow out while driving, then I'm all for running it while traveling - and if that is in print, I would like to see it. I will research this question to see what I can find.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:35 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Thanks for your replies on the LP Switch of the Aqua Hot being in the "on" position while driving. I understand propane refrigerators running while traveling and some of the other points about propane used in other equipment. What I don't see is the Aqua Hot manual, or the Entegra literature advising the LP switch can be used while driving. (unless I overlooked it)

Like many of you, I have opened my unit to work on or service various parts, and I am also surprised that the bottom is fairly open to all the elements. With all the electrical connections and fuse slots that are exposed to water, dust, and debris from driving, I am wondering if some of these problems are not caused from this. I don't see Spartan leaving the fuse boxes exposed, and don't know any automobiles that have exposed fuse and electrical connections to this extent exposed? I ordered and new fuse block for my AH unit today because the bottom fuse will not stay seated properly, and the entire AH inside the case is dirty.

If the propane flame is protected inside the AH unit from all the elements and does not run the risk of being blow out while driving, then I'm all for running it while traveling - and if that is in print, I would like to see it. I will research this question to see what I can find.
I guess my thinking is different, I would be looking for a sign, label, or manual that indicates NOT to use the Aquahot LP while driving. If anyone has seen that, please let me know! As far as I know, the Aquahot is designed to be able to be used while in motion.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #19

Propane is heavy thus the opening under the tank to prevent accumulation of gas if there is a leak. Hence no explosion.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #20

Yes, but a louvered panel would let gases pass while keeping out much dirt.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:29 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
I do not think that you will find any literature that says you cannot run the LP Aqua Hot while driving, it should work fine. The age old debate while driving is having the manual valve on the propane tank open to feed the Aqua Hot. If one were to get in an accident and the line from the propane tank was severed then you have combustible gas to feed a potential fire. Probably a rare occurance but still a possibility. Everyone has to decide on their own what level of risk they are willing to accept.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:31 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
Yes, but a louvered panel would let gases pass while keeping out much dirt.
I did this exact mod on a previous motorhome to keep the dirt and debris down.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote