Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Aspire Aquahot Limitations

Can an Aspire owner tell me how long (in minutes) I could expect the Aquahot water heater to keep my shower water hot?

Let's assume normal conditions -- say summertime climate 75 degrees outside plugged into 50 amp shore power and a full tank of propane.

I need to manage expectations with a family of 6.

Curt
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #2

To make a educated guess, I would need the estimated differential..

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisgeiger View Post
Can an Aspire owner tell me how long (in minutes) I could expect the Aquahot water heater to keep my shower water hot?

Let's assume normal conditions -- say summertime climate 75 degrees outside plugged into 50 amp shore power and a full tank of propane.

I need to manage expectations with a family of 6.

Curt
Us3Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #3

Differential = Estimated water intake temperature, vs estimated water temperature at shower head, with no other draws on the heated water..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Us3Here View Post

Regards
Us3Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It is my understanding (we just got our first Aqua Hot equipped motorhome) that if you have the diesel burner on, there is unlimited hot water. I do know that when we first used the coach after purchase, my DW took much longer showers than she could take with our previous coach with a 10 gallon LP/electric water heater.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
It is my understanding (we just got our first Aqua Hot equipped motorhome) that if you have the diesel burner on, there is unlimited hot water. I do know that when we first used the coach after purchase, my DW took much longer showers than she could take with our previous coach with a 10 gallon LP/electric water heater.
Generally true. In Yellowstone with 35 degree water going in you get less than unlimited hot water with a normally long shower, even on diesel. The second person better wait a few minutes anyway for the burner to cycle off or they will get some pretty cool water.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
The Aspire Aquahot is fueled by propane, not diesel.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #7

The OP asked the question of an aspire which has the Lp aqua hot . Hey there Chuck!
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #8

We were in Ruidoso, NM last week and it was 75 during the day and 48 in the AM. The DW and I took back to back showers (something we could never do in the old couch) each night for four nights. No issues. I would say each shower was seven or eights minutes long. I don't know that you would run out of hot water from showering. We have NOT noticed the issue others have had with the water cooling off during a shower. Maybe we have not kept it going long enough. After getting used to taking really short showers with 6 and 10 gallon water heaters in the old coaches I really enjoy the one in the Aspire.
JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Us3Here View Post

Regards
Use the following for your estimate:

Water in fresh tank = 75 degrees

Water temp at shower head = 104 degrees
Old 09-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
We were in Ruidoso, NM last week and it was 75 during the day and 48 in the AM. The DW and I took back to back showers (something we could never do in the old couch) each night for four nights. No issues. I would say each shower was seven or eights minutes long. I don't know that you would run out of hot water from showering. We have NOT noticed the issue others have had with the water cooling off during a shower. Maybe we have not kept it going long enough. After getting used to taking really short showers with 6 and 10 gallon water heaters in the old coaches I really enjoy the one in the Aspire.
JJ
Thanks JJ. Good information.

I also would like to hear from an Aspire owner that has recently experienced insufficient hot water from the shower.

Curt
Old 09-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #11

We have been in our Aspire for 15 months and have never had a problem with hot water. We can shower back to back and never run out, in the winter months we turn the gas on about 10 minutes before we shower and never run out of hot water. Aqua Hot has added a relay to turn on a pump when you turn on the gas to solve the problem of running out of hot water. Ted fixed ours in Gillette at the FMCA rally.
Tom and Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Aqua Hot shower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Dee View Post
We have been in our Aspire for 15 months and have never had a problem with hot water. We can shower back to back and never run out, in the winter months we turn the gas on about 10 minutes before we shower and never run out of hot water. Aqua Hot has added a relay to turn on a pump when you turn on the gas to solve the problem of running out of hot water. Ted fixed ours in Gillette at the FMCA rally.
Curt

After some mods the answer is you can take a hot shower until your skin peels off. I have a similar problem to Tom's and have not had the relay installed yet so my system (LP) is almost stock. Entegra walked me thru removing the Antiscald clip in the shower control and we can take hot enough showers by gradually asking for hotter water throughout the shower. The relay mentioned runs the stir pump for the floor heat system which will keep the colder tank water and heated water at more or less the same temp. The problem most folks had was the water was plenty hot then 3-4 mins after you get showering would go cool then a few minutes later warm up an continue very hot, so the answer is stirring the water. The Anthem evidently has two stir pumps and does not suffer the problem. The Aqua Hot unit has a Antiscald temp limit on the heater and it also fights with the shower head Antiscald limit. The test is run hot water in a sink and you'll find it remains hot. This is not a major problem, just a inconvenience that Entegra and Aqua Hot are working on. Hopefully that answers your question.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Not meaning to hijack the OP thread but since this is a thread about the LP AquaHot I'm wondering if anyone else is having the problem I'm having with my LP AquaHot. It will not fire on gas, only heats on electric since May. I've trouble shot all the way down to bad burner control board. No problem, replace board which the dealer ordered and mailed to me. Still wont fire. We were in Colorado over the 4th of July weekend and there was a Factory certified tech in the area so I had him look at it. He trouble shot it all the way down to bad burner control board with the AquaHot tech help desk confirming it with him. Great, get a new board because it is slightly possible I had a bad board from the factory when I replaced it. I got them to mail me one and by the time we got home it was waiting for us. Pop it in there, nada :-(

Soooo, we're headed to the factory this week and hope Middlebury has an answer.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post

Curt

After some mods the answer is you can take a hot shower until your skin peels off. I have a similar problem to Tom's and have not had the relay installed yet so my system (LP) is almost stock. Entegra walked me thru removing the Antiscald clip in the shower control and we can take hot enough showers by gradually asking for hotter water throughout the shower. The relay mentioned runs the stir pump for the floor heat system which will keep the colder tank water and heated water at more or less the same temp. The problem most folks had was the water was plenty hot then 3-4 mins after you get showering would go cool then a few minutes later warm up an continue very hot, so the answer is stirring the water. The Anthem evidently has two stir pumps and does not suffer the problem. The Aqua Hot unit has a Antiscald temp limit on the heater and it also fights with the shower head Antiscald limit. The test is run hot water in a sink and you'll find it remains hot. This is not a major problem, just a inconvenience that Entegra and Aqua Hot are working on. Hopefully that answers your question.
So just to be clear:

I will need to have CS walk me through removing the anti scald clip and install a relay?

Did I get that right?

Curt