Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #1

Aspire vs. Anthem

I have been starting to look for a Class A RV and have looked at Winnebego Journeys and then found out about Entegras. My wife and I really like the layout of the rear bath models and I need a tag for what I want to haul with us. I just can't see the $85,000 difference between the Aspire and Anthem 42's. I realize the Anthem has the Spartan chassis but I am not convinced it is all that better and both have the same torque #'s. I see the slide sides are painted to match (not a big deal for me).

What in the world am I missing?

STUFF IN THE GARAGE: F150, ChevyII Pro Street, Roush Mustang
Jus Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #2

Cash price is likely about $40k difference. The 2012 Aspire will be on a Spartan chassis also, however it will NOT have IFS, which is a big deal for me. Also the Aqua hot system is propane fired vs diesel on the Anthem. You can not get the total electric option on the Aspire and , of course, can on the Anthem. There are other differences (floor material etc) but both are really fine coaches. We were torn about which to get as you point out there is a lot of difference in price until we found a 2011 Anthem equipped like we wanted and at a very good closeout price. The 2012 Aspire with the Spartan chasis (a VERY big deal in my opinion) will be on the lots in August, all the early ones were freightliner but they are supposed to be about out of them and now building on the Spartan. Either way you will have a great coach but I really urge you to consider staying with the Spartan chassis. We love ours but have only had it for 3 weeks but have over 3,000 miles on it. all just our experience and opinions.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Be sure to look at a 2012 Aspire, and not just the 2011s. There were a ton of changes and you should see them before deciding. The 2012 Aspire gets closer to the Anthem and gives it a serious edge in Aspire versus Anthem decisions.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #4

Cruzer, I AGREE with you totally. There are a ton of changes in the 12 Anthem also, especially in the kitchen storage area if that is critical to you. IF you can live without the IFS and the diesel fired Aqua Hot then the Aspire is a real bargain. Either way, because of the construction methods that Cruzer walks you through in his blog (Cruzer.com) you will see that Entegra is perhaps the best built coach on the market, certainly for the money. With the floor stringers and exterior plywood floor(both industry exclusives) and the walls bolted to the floor with self locking nuts, you have a much stronger and tougher (not to mention quieter) coach than just about anything else available. All just my opinion
Old 08-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #5

OOPS!!!! Wrong addres for Mark's blog in the above post it should be www.RVcruzer.com Sorry about the mistake.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #6

Jus Cruisin,

I agree with all the comments above and would offer one more suggestion. Go to the Entegra site and print the pdf brochures for each of the Anthem and the Aspire. If 2012 is not yet up I imagine you can obtain specs from the manufacturer. Prior to my purchase I did print the 2011 brochures (even though I bought a 2012 Anthem in the end). I used a yellow highligter and highlighted various differences in the specs for each unit. I did notice quite a number actually - items such as the engine size, shocks, power items, etc. After having done that I sought advice from various people in the know, especially engine and chassis people comparing the differences in the two specs. I came to the conclusion that I was willing to pay the $40k (as Anne quotes) in price difference but as noted above it's a matter of personal preference. One thing I can say simply based on my experience is that once you make the purchase and have a few issues I think you will find the Entegra people are great to work with.

Bill
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #7

My local Entegra dealer just got his first 2012 Aspire in and sent me some interior pictures. Some real nice improvements. Still waiting for Entegra to update their website for the 2012's. Still most likely 6-9 mos away from a decision. It will for sure be a rear bath unit (just so we don't have to "hide" all of our daily necessities all the time). And it might be 2012 closeout time.
Now this all hinges on the the assumption the stock market doesn't tank anymore.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #8

I see Entegra updated their website today for the 2012 models (3 this year?) I did a quick Build & Price and there is a $72,000 (MSRP) difference between the Aspire and Anthem and that is really making me lean toward the Aspire. Plus I like the Aspire exterior color options a little better as well.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #9

Jus, I noticed that about the 3 models also. I thought that they would trim the models but I really thought they were setting up to combine the Aspire and Anthem, apparently they are eliminating the lower, entry level line and go entirely upscale with high end, quality units. I have, though, seen a 2012 Intrege(is that right?) anyway the lower level coach and it was beautiful, maybe they are just not finished updating the website since in only appeared today. They have also advertised that the Aspire will be built on a Spartan Chassis for 2012 (I have also seen 1 of these) but the website still reflects that they are on a freightliner so it is likely that the website is a work in progress. With that in mind, I would be careful about putting to much stock in the build and price pages until we are sure it is all up to date. All just my opinion.

PS-- If you look carefully, you sill see that much of the site still quotes 2011 models so they definitely are not done with it yet. Also the $72K difference between the Aspire and Anthem is close to what it would have been in 2011 but the cash difference is MUCH less, more like $40K. For that you get the IFS, Spartan Chassis, diesel hydrohot, total electric option, dishwasher, and more, admitedly the chassis may change to Spartan but still will not have the IFS. All just things to think about in your deliberations. lol
Old 08-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #10

Anne n Gene- That difference does not include the $11,000+ all electric option. With that there will be a $83,000+ difference in MSRP. I obviosly will need to drive both when we finally get off our wallet and decide to get one. With the economy looking like it is going South again.... it might never happen. :(

Old 08-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #11

hang in there, economy will be back. I really think that if you get true cash prices there will be about $40k difference. A LOT of money for sure, you will just have to make a list and see if it is worth the difference to you. There gets to be less difference in the two all the time it seems and a lot depends on your individual wants and needs. all just my opinion. Good luck and have fun researching and shopping, that is part of the fun.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #12

Jus,
I agree with Ann n Gene on final price difference. Assuming you are adding some options and that you do a bit of hard negotiation with your dealer you are likely going to see a $40k final price difference beween the two coaches. You should also aim for 31-34% off MSRP. Then just compare the specs on the two coaches and decide which you will buy.

Bill
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Brochures available

The 2012 brochures are available on the Entegra website. Today was the first day that I saw them.
FlaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #14

Well, just thought I would post an update after my trip to the factory to get the "punch list" fixed. Factory did a SUPER job, found and fixed several items that I knew nothing about yet. In addition, fixed every one of my items including adding an electrical plug on the dash for a laptop, adding a big drawer under the cooktop and taking out the nite stands in the bedroom and replacing the facia to make it look "original", items not of any mistake just changes that we wanted all at NO CHARGE to me In addition weighed the coach for me, found it WAY heavy on the right front as others have posted (it was low already and they wanted to raise it before weighing). Right front corner weighed 7800 lbs and left front 6040! all with full fluids and loaded with all of our "stuff". Well, that wont work, they raised the ride height valve and dropped the right front to 7020lbs. Reweighed entire coach and sired all tires to correct recommendations, again without cost to me. Further, they fixed all the items on my list and had it ready BEFORE it was promised. Found the back ac trouble (was not working) and decided to replace the unit. Bottom line, WE WERE VERY SATISIFIED with the service, attitude and caring that Entegra folks showed us. They seem to genuinely care about their customers and are doing everything in their power to keep them happy. A class organization in every way with classy employees who seem to have pride in their products. All just my experience and opinions.