Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2022, 01:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Bruce, where did you setting on the permanent spot for the antennas?
Looking on eBay, the Nighthawks have doubled since we purchased ours. I am guessing a lot of the original Mobiley units were 3G and they did have to upgrade. Good thing we moved forward when we did. Once in a while an internet rumor pays off.
Chuck,
I tucked the M1100 behind the sofa with a piece of hook and loop and attached the twin antenna on the window. The shades clear them by a mm. I can also pitch them differently towards a tower if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5178.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	357512   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5177.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	357513  

buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2022, 07:40 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
I almost had heart failure when I tried to check the temp in my coach last night…and couldn’t connect. Today it took three resets on my Netgear before it connected again. First time it’s needed a reset since I switched the Mobley SIM over. Guess I should be happy it hasn’t needed resets before this but the timing was really bad [emoji15]
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 07:15 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
I almost had heart failure when I tried to check the temp in my coach last night…and couldn’t connect. Today it took three resets on my Netgear before it connected again. First time it’s needed a reset since I switched the Mobley SIM over. Guess I should be happy it hasn’t needed resets before this but the timing was really bad [emoji15]
Linda a lot of it has to do with the Snowbird traffic on the towers....I have the same problem Dec-Apr. I also have to pick what time of day I can check the MH with the Nebula app. After 7 AM it takes forever to connect. Yesterday I could not connect after doing the update, but after 10PM it jumped to life. I was wondering about the 3G shutoff as well, but the updated loaded so I knew it was OK.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 08:41 AM   #18

$200 to $250

My Mobley has been bullet-proof since I bought it many years ago (2016?). Still going strong and has always performed admirably just hook-and-loop bonded to the fireplace counter at one end.

However, my concern that it might crap-out on the 22nd led me to finally start considering an upgrade. Even something still working needs to be upgraded at some point sooooooo, I found a Nighthawk on eBay and bought it yesterday. Won't get it until we get home end of March.

Discovered that 5G versions are available now but come in at about $650 and the NightHawks have increased from your ~ $130 now to ~ 250 - $300. Landed one for $200 on a bid so will be making that switch when we get home.

Have always had 15G of Verizon on an "unlimited" plan and there are time when only Verizon has a signal and nothing from ATT (and at other times the exact opposite) so have never regretted having both, but hopefully the NightHawk will give me even more dependable coverage for another 2 - 4 years.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 11:11 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, the Nighthawk will give you a nice improvement. Also the ability for external antenna(s) is big plus. It made all the difference in the world at my storage location with dropped signal and having to go up and reboot constantly. Do look at the linked post on how to get and use the PUK code when switching over. Be sure to ask for the second code just in case. It's a little confusing, but not bad. I was able to get it to program on my second attempt without bricking the SIMS card.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 03:28 PM   #20

I was told by a tech support guy this morning that it looked like ATT has shut down their Texas 3g network on Sunday/Monday since he was getting a lot of calls about all of the 3g gps's having stopped working. I am guessing the 3g GPS tracking devices are not able to roam to to the T-mobile network.

So if you are in Texas and your Mobily is still working it is either LTE or if it is 3G it is able to roam on the T-Mobile network.

Tags
verizon