Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #1

Auto gen mode keeps shutting off

Hi folks,
I seem to be having a small issue with my Anthem. I have it plugged in to a 15 amp circuit for the single purpose of keeping the house batteries charged. As a fail safe I have the auto gen feature tuned on. I do this to insure the batteries are not run down in the event of a power failure from the 15a line. I check every week or so to make sure the batteries are charged. Today as in the past I find the house batteries low, and the AG has been disabled. Also, When I look at the charge rate, the house batteries read "off". The only reason I know they are low is because vega touch is audibly warning me.

What am I doing wrong?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2018, 12:21 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Did you happen to cycle the ignition at all Buddy?
John Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Grant View Post
Did you happen to cycle the ignition at all Buddy?
I did just now, maybe I did the last time also. But in todays case, I reset auto gen after turning the engine off. The house batteries still say off....
Old 01-27-2018, 01:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I did just now, maybe I did the last time also. But in todays case, I reset auto gen after turning the engine off. The house batteries still say off....
Can you go into your vega touch inverter settings and turn one of the chargers on? 15 Amp isn't going to be enough to run both chargers.

Does your shore power show up as 15 Amp on your power source on the top right corner? I'm not sure what screen that is without being right in front of it. Maybe the "house" screen.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
Can you go into your vega touch inverter settings and turn one of the chargers on? 15 Amp isn't going to be enough to run both chargers.

Does your shore power show up as 15 Amp on your power source on the top right corner? I'm not sure what screen that is without being right in front of it. Maybe the "house" screen.
Shows 13a. One inverter is on the other off. I can't seem to turn them both off in Vega. Perhaps I should shut the breakers off?
Old 01-27-2018, 02:39 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We had a problem with the AGS turning off after it was set. Firefly sent a new panel with upgraded software. Not sure if this is your issue and it would surprise me if it was since you have an 18 and this was a known issue with the 17's.

I would suggest that you call Firefly on Monday.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
If it is too cold, the generator may not start, then disable the Auto Gen Feature. Some of the Anthem owners will chine in, but I think there was an update that fixed the other units on the EC30?? Your coach being newer, may have the latest update installed?
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:39 PM   #8

Just checked, house battery still says "off", but AG is still enabled. Will check in the AM and report back.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:37 PM   #9

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
If it is too cold, the generator may not start, then disable the Auto Gen Feature...
This may be a thought - the 'RV' setting within your AGS may 'reset' your 'ENABLE' mode if either you intervene and manually turn off the generator, OR possibly if the AGS is unable to crank the generator.

See if you have your setting on 'RV' as the vehicle type, if so, change it to 'OTHER', as this keeps your AGS settings active, and 'ENABLE' will not be overridden if any of these condition occur.

just another thought...
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Just checked, house battery still says "off", but AG is still enabled. Will check in the AM and report back.
Its confusing on the screen where the top numbers are next to chassis and the bottom ones are next to house... That's not really what it means. It's Inverter 1 and Inverter 2. If you are only feeding the coach 15 amps, it will automatically shut the charger off for inverter 2. I believe that is what you are seeing.

As far as the AGS not kicking in, it may have tried 4 or 5 times and then given up. The default setting for number or tries is 5 I believe.

It may not have started for a couple of reasons, you inadvertently reset it to manual, it had too low a voltage to start or the fuel tank is below 1/4 or your setting for the "start my AGS voltage" is lower than what your voltage actually was.

These are all settings that you can modify under the "inverter" selection. Entegra's default setting for AGS Start voltage is way too low in my opinion. We normally have ours set at 12.2v where as EC defaults to 11.7v.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:33 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
As Jeanne mentioned the start at volts for the AGS is probably set too low. Set to at least 12.1v and see if that makes a difference.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:27 AM   #12

30 days

When I was researching this for my 2018 Aspire which I know is different, the command 30 AGS which I believe is on all Entegras, says that it resets every 30 days, so in other words the AGS safe type you have set which is probably ignition, will have to be cycled at least every 30 days otherwise the Auto Start will default back to manual.
Thats the way it is on mine anyway.
kevinantholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:37 PM   #13

Is there any way to update the firmware on my EC-30 short of sending it back to the factory?
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:42 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Is there any way to update the firmware on my EC-30 short of sending it back to the factory?
Bob, from what I was told by Cummins in Elkhart, that Grover Simpson at Onan was the only one that had the software to do the up date. Phone number 547-262-4611 It is well worth having done, before I could never rely on the Command 30, now it works as it should.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote