Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2016, 06:20 PM   #1

Auto gen setup

every time I want to run the auto start genny. I have to go in to settings and enable it otherwise it will just start. after 5 minutes or so. and not wait til it goes down to the 12 volts I set it to.. should it not just stay chosen in the menu after I select it. and I should just hit auto start then enter. and that's that I always have to chose enable then chose it, close out and then hit auto then enter THX I don't get it.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2016, 07:27 PM   #2

The auto start will cancel each time you manually start the gen. This is a safety feature for techs working on the gen. You might check the voltage setting as well. Might be set to high
Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The auto start will cancel each time you manually start the gen. This is a safety feature for techs working on the gen. You might check the voltage setting as well. Might be set to high
I set it to start at 12 volts do you mean the shut off settings if so whats the preferred setting on the shut off numbers thx in advance. makes very good sense on the safety feature tx for that info. Fleet btw I still thought it would remain in the enable setting when commanded what you are saying is we have to do what I said go back and enable it each time if I manual start otherwise it will stay ready for the auto start command
Old 01-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #4

Yes it will stay in auto unless u manually start it. I have been instructed to set the start voltage around 12.0 volts
Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:30 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
John,

If you set the generator start at 12.0 and then hit "auto gen" and "enter", then the Command 30 should initiate generator start when the house batteries reach 12.0 (within 60 seconds, another setting). If it is not doing so, then you have a problem. The moment you hit the generator start on the dash (or if the generator doesn't fire on the command from the Command 30...a problem I had this past week), you will automatically move the auto generator to "manual". If your Command 30 is not operating this way, then you have a problem.

That said, in your black "book of books", you have a Onan Operator and Installation Manual that has a series of flow diagrams to go through setting up you Command 30. It can be a complicated system to set up completely. I am not sure mine is set up correctly as my auto get was not starting mine one out of six starts as it should have. Interesting, that manual says AGMs are 50% discharged at 12.4V. If that is true (and it is counter to the 12.0 or 12.1V that we have been told many times), that could be the reason I wasn't starting automatically as set...it was 40 degrees or less and that means the batteries need their cold cranking capability...if discharged more than 50% below 12.4V, that's not a good condition.

I set mine to 12.4V and I did not have a recurrence of the problem. I haven't talked to Onan yet, but I do intend to have a discussion with them or Entegra or both.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:08 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Dave,

The Discover battery website for our AGM's says 12.3v for 50% SOC BUT that is open circuit voltage at rest which ours never are (on average a 20-25 amp DC continuous draw). With a battery monitor mine showed 49% discharged at 12v. This voltage is the same on the battery monitor as well as the EC-30. With a 12.4v reading on your EC-30 what voltage is shown at the batteries with a volt meter? Perhaps your EC-30 reads slightly high compared to the actual voltage of the batteries and the EC-30 settings will need to be biased slightly.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:26 AM   #7

OK that's a bit more info that sheds lots of light, Iwill raise it up especially during cold. DSL all buttons the dash by stereo and the panel butoon will fire the beastly gen, it was like earlier mentioned I did fire it in beteween manually so that was Prolly the issue I also killed it manually b4 rolling. So that was Prolly causing the condition to. Stay warm Davey I will bring Winston Churchill some Saki when we get back home. We are far south now and have noticed its been colder at night then last year. Go figure tell Beth sheri says hello, also we hope all is well. best regards JR.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:28 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Does it turn off by itself other than programmed quiet times? Mine started like yours, and then would not turn off except quiet times. As soon as programmed quiet time was over, it came right back on and kept running. After being lied to about it by RVOne. (Apparently they thought we were just stupid women who had not, or could not read the manuals). I took it to our Cummins/Spartan shop. They also took a little convincing, but finally they agreed that what was happening was not right. Turns out our Auto Gen was not wired correctly at the factory. They fixed it and it has run perfectly since!

Bottom line is that if you exhaust all possibilities and settings, you might want to have the actual wiring of the Auto Gen checked. Hope you get it fixed easily.