Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2020, 09:06 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Auto Gen Start

I know there were previous posts on this topic, but the search feature did not return any relevant information.
When I arm ‘Auto Gen Start’ in about 60 seconds the generator will start. I have reset the ignition, deselected climate control start, and set the start voltage to 11.8....I have also rebooted the entire coach, AC and DC and verified adequate shore power voltage. Any ideas folks ?
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2020, 09:16 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les1951 View Post
I know there were previous posts on this topic, but the search feature did not return any relevant information.
When I arm ‘Auto Gen Start’ in about 60 seconds the generator will start. I have reset the ignition, deselected climate control start, and set the start voltage to 11.8....I have also rebooted the entire coach, AC and DC and verified adequate shore power voltage. Any ideas folks ?

Call Firefly. (574) 825-4600

They have updates that should take care of that issue. I've been through it several times. They fix one thing and something else doesn't work right. Hopefully the latest panel that they put in over at Middlebury will work for me. I'll find out next week.
Magic-carpet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:26 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Had the same issue on my 18. Firefly sent a memory stick to plug in behind the Vegatouch, follow directions for download. Fixed the problem. Don't forget to send the stick back
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 01:09 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Les,

Do you have Vegatouch?

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 01:18 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I think you do. It sounds like shore power sense for auto gen start is either not sensing properly or is disabled/not working.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:13 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
I think you do. It sounds like shore power sense for auto gen start is either not sensing properly or is disabled/not working.

Yes I do have Vega touch, 2017 Anthem. Thanks for the trouble shooting tip !
Les
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:58 PM   #7

I don’t know if this applies to 2017 coaches but I had the same problem with my 2016 Cornerstone. When I enabled auto genstart my generator would start despite available shore power. I found a thread here on IRV2 that addressed the problem that I found to be true in our coach as well. Inside the transfer switch are two wires that provide the sense to the EC-30 about shore power status. These wires are pink and purple and were installed on the PC board backwards. When I flipped them around auto genstart worked perfectly. I will see if I can find the pictures and post them. Of course later coaches may have their own issues, especially if buried in Vegatouch controller. This was, fortunately, a simple fix once the problem was confirmed.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:16 PM   #8

I don't know how to refer to the original thread. Hopefully, the attachments will come through. Many thanks to the original poster for these images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-075538_Drive.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	294704  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Auto Gen Inhibit Board.pdf (529.0 KB, 32 views)
Old 08-10-2020, 08:41 AM   #9

Quote:

Wanted to update this post. I had the latest version of VT installed a couple weeks ago and it seems to be working as designed. This is what I have now.

version 18 for the screen and 38 for the LC

The only issue I had was that the first time I engaged the AGS, I had the A/C's turned on and it immediately started the generator and cut shore power. I turned off the A/C's and tried again and it worked correctly. I don't know why that happened and I can't repeat it here at home. I'm wondering if it was just the power I was hooked up to and the AGS thought it wasn't sufficient?

I spent one night boondocking on the way back from Middlebury and it worked flawlessly with climate control and voltage settings.

So, if you are still having issues, I would contact Leon Bontrager and see what he can do. LeonB@FireflyInt.com
Magic-carpet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:13 PM   #10

Jeanne,

Thanx for the contact info... I'm not sure if mine works properly but will be in the Coach at the end of August for a full service before leaving for our extended trip, I will try my AGS at that time and if support or updating is needed I will know who to contact .
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote