Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-03-2016, 08:08 AM   #1
Member
 
AMHTravelers's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 78
Automatic Bay Door Locks

I just had an issue where one of the automatic bay door lock plungers wouldn't retract. After a little panic I found with a small screw driver you can reach between the door and slide back the plunger.

This got me thinking, I opened all of the bay doors and engaged the locks. In the lock position you can just simply push the plunger back, it is not held in a locked position.

Does this sound right or are all of mine bad? If it is right, these seem to be for show only, not security.
__________________
Andy and Maggie
2013 Anthem DEQ 2018 Cornerstone 45Y
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
AMHTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2016, 09:36 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Troy Mo
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMHTravelers View Post
I just had an issue where one of the automatic bay door lock plungers wouldn't retract. After a little panic I found with a small screw driver you can reach between the door and slide back the plunger.

This got me thinking, I opened all of the bay doors and engaged the locks. In the lock position you can just simply push the plunger back, it is not held in a locked position.

Does this sound right or are all of mine bad? If it is right, these seem to be for show only, not security.
Yours are correct. They will hold the doors closed if the latch fails, but you can push them back with a screwdriver etc. so don't store your gold down there!
Also if your door isn't latched all the way there will be enough pressure on that plunger that it won't retract. It is not a robust retract mechanism so any pressure on that plunger will keep it from retracting. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 25,106
The locks do lock the handles but not the latches. Same as a house. I can open my side garage door when it's locked with a credit card. I installed a plate over the latch so a credit card or pocket knife cannot be slipped in to open the latch. A common problem with most standard locks.
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:39 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Troy Mo
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The locks do lock the handles but not the latches. Same as a house. I can open my side garage door when it's locked with a credit card. I installed a plate over the latch so a credit card or pocket knife cannot be slipped in to open the latch. A common problem with most standard locks.
Chuck, his 2013 has a different door and lock mechanism than yours does. The lock on his does not lock the handle, but rather has a plunger that goes through a bracket. They changed doors and locks in mid 2014 when several things changed. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 25,106
Your probably right Noel. I am getting to where I don't know all the changes on the different years anymore Classic and pre-classic, then the new 16's and up. I think I will stick to commenting on my model year only.
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:45 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Troy Mo
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Your probably right Noel. I am getting to where I don't know all the changes on the different years anymore Classic and pre-classic, then the new 16's and up. I think I will stick to commenting on my model year only.
I only knew cause I owned one.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:34 PM   #7
Member
 
AMHTravelers's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 78
Thanks for the information. It sounds like the design was improved on in the newer models. I guess I'll have to move the gold back to the thimble holder and save up for a newer model year.
__________________
Andy and Maggie
2013 Anthem DEQ 2018 Cornerstone 45Y
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
AMHTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bay Door Power Locks sdagro Newmar Owner's Forum 1 03-06-2016 05:32 AM
Converting TriMark Bay Door Locks to Electric sdennislee Class A Motorhome Discussions 6 12-29-2011 10:47 AM
Exchange mechanical slide locks with electric locks DGBPokes Newmar Owner's Forum 8 10-29-2011 04:47 AM
Bay door locks chev Monaco Owner's Forum 2 06-19-2010 08:48 PM
Storage Bay Door Locks JB Texas Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 17 12-06-2008 11:08 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.