Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2021, 06:39 PM   #1

Backup camera

My screen reads, “No Camera Detected”. Any idea what to look for here?
lavocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2021, 07:36 PM   #2

Try a 12 volt reset. Works when I lose the connection.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 08:45 PM   #3

Yes, rebooting with the "salesman switch" cures the problem maybe 95% of the time. Sometimes I just have to drive for a while and all of a sudden, Eureka....!!!! it just starts working for no apparent reason.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 06:27 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
What year coach? It has been posted many times that it is a common quirk with the 21's. So far, 12v reboot is the only fix that Entegra is aware of currently. They are working with Firefly to try to find the cause, but it is intermittent so it has been hard to locate. On my coach, it seems to do it if it has sat for awhile.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:01 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Looks like the OP has a '19 Anthem. On my '18 Anthem when that or lines through the screen happen we have to lift the plastic cover on the dash passenger side and jiggle the teal colored plug at the back, left side, of the box with all the wires coming in the back. We've tried unplugging, cleaning and taping but it still happens once or twice a week on a trip.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:57 PM   #6
JJT

Entegra Owners Club
My 2014 Anthem does that from time to time, especially when traveling in heavy rain. A quick tap on the rear camera with a long pole has always brought it back to life. Think it’s just some moisture that gets into the camera housing.
JJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:24 AM   #7

Thanks everyone the 12 volt reset did the trick.
lavocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:04 PM   #8

check feed wire/cable condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavocat View Post
My screen reads, “No Camera Detected”. Any idea what to look for here?

In my case this problem ultimately meant that a rat had chewed thru the cable coming from the rear camera to the dash display screen. New camera, cable from rear of ocoach to dash and a new display. All of the older stuff is serviced by the newer parts ans they are only compatible together. The new screeen is much clearer as well as in coller. Also has the hi def ability to display the left and right turn cameras all the time as well as the rear. nice upgrade thanks to mr. rat. Same cable is used for either system but a selector modul must be added to the newer screen to keep the up/doen aiming of the rear view camera.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:11 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post
In my case this problem ultimately meant that a rat had chewed thru the cable coming from the rear camera to the dash display screen. New camera, cable from rear of ocoach to dash and a new display. All of the older stuff is serviced by the newer parts ans they are only compatible together. The new screeen is much clearer as well as in coller. Also has the hi def ability to display the left and right turn cameras all the time as well as the rear. nice upgrade thanks to mr. rat. Same cable is used for either system but a selector modul must be added to the newer screen to keep the up/doen aiming of the rear view camera.

Hi,

We have been having problems with our rear camera and after replacing the Connex box behind the TV and the rear camera booster box, RiverPark now thinks that the camera needs to be replaced.

Has anyone replaced their rear camera on their own? Is it a difficult procedure?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:08 AM   #10

Good morning budlightman
When I started checking out my rear camera issue, I went to the rear camera to see if it had a loose connection (which it did not).
The cover on the rear camera just pops off, after you get the cap off you will see 2 screws that fasten it down. On mine I can get to the connector for the rear camera through the access panel on the back wall of the rear closet, (4 screws hold it in place). After you get the access panel off you will see a wire with a label on it showing rear camera.
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Bob
MuggsnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 02:22 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuggsnMe View Post
Good morning budlightman
When I started checking out my rear camera issue, I went to the rear camera to see if it had a loose connection (which it did not).
The cover on the rear camera just pops off, after you get the cap off you will see 2 screws that fasten it down. On mine I can get to the connector for the rear camera through the access panel on the back wall of the rear closet, (4 screws hold it in place). After you get the access panel off you will see a wire with a label on it showing rear camera.
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Bob
Can this procedure be used to replace just the camera?
I do not need one that moves, but a nice clear picture would be nice.

Be safe

Dr. Mike
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:35 PM   #12

Mike
Short answer is yes
The camera that you purchase should have the same principle, pop the cap off & mount yhe camera. The only thing that probably need done is change the connection end so it will match the connector on the coach
Thanks
Bob
MuggsnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 04:49 PM   #13

Spartan Chassis
Thanks Bob, exactly the info I was looking for!

Dr. Mike,

FYI, my replacement camera for our 2018 Anthem from RiverPark was $225 +shipping. RiverPark builds them, don’t know if RiverPark was making them in 2014 or not but thought I would share.

Thanks again,

Sean

Tags
camera