Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2016, 05:59 AM   #1

Backup Camera Angle, Anthem 2017

The anthem has 2 cameras, one facing the hitch and the other to the "horizon". The horizon view is aimed to low. So I went back to adjust it and after studying it called Entegra.

They say that its set at its up limit and to aim it higher you have to shim the mount. Has anyone does this yet and do you have any suggestions as to what amount of shim and type of shim works best. I am thinking putting a couple of washers in the front most set of screws.

I also noted that the rubber plugs that fit into the wire holes were loose (I am not sure they will fit in the hole given that it is flush with the skin of the coach and therefor its to wide for the plugs to fit. Picture attached (maybe, first time....). The picture shows the rubber "plugs" hanging loose.

thanks
Van Sayler
Anthem 2017 44b
vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2016, 06:00 AM   #2

trying picture again

It didn't seem like the picture posted so I am trying it again
Old 12-09-2016, 07:28 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I shimmed my camera base our with several AN washers ( 1/4 inch ) I had to use a slightly larger screw to reinstall the bracket as it mounds in a fiberglass skin that fractured when the stews were originally installed. I am pleased with the results, I can see well behind the toad, and the hitch is still visible.
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:19 PM   #4

While shims probably work, I took the lazy man's approach.

The camera has two sets of fasteners, one in the center and another closer to the circumference that rides in a slot on the bracket.

If you simply remove the outer fastener, you can adjust as desired, and the center fastener will hold the camera steady even without the extra fastener.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:00 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I had the same issue with my 2017. The first question is why hasn't Entegra addressed this already?

I seem to have been a bit lucky as all I did was move the camera for the horizon view up two clicks. Horizon view is now fine, not sure why I didn't have to go the shim route.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:40 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

The camera has two sets of fasteners, one in the center and another closer to the circumference that rides in a slot on the bracket.

If you simply remove the outer fastener, you can adjust as desired, and the center fastener will hold the camera steady even without the extra fastener.

-Matt
Matt, does your Aspire have 2 cameras? I was also wondering how much of a big deal adding a 2nd camera would be to my 2016 in order to have both a horizon and hitch view.

Greg (the very first 44R bunkhouse owner LOL)
classicalgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:52 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

-Matt
X2, did the same.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:14 PM   #8

Greg, I think it might be a fairly big deal considering each camera has it's own cable to the video splitter behind the front TV. It is possible to run cables and wires through the roof rafters, it isn't much fun.

Unless you could somehow remotely switch between the cameras, I can't see how it could be done easily.

If I were dedicated to this, I'd probably just purchase a wireless camera intended for a trailer, and use that instead.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:56 AM   #9

thanks for the responses

I did it the way Matt suggested, an easy fix and now it works great.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:07 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
I had the same issue with my 2017. The first question is why hasn't Entegra addressed this already?
It seems every year except the 2013's have a backup camera problem. My Classic can see both side of the freeway, but can't see the hitch area and toad very well, lens angel is way to wide. If you adjust it down, all you see is the toad. Every new year seems to get a camera change and each one of those years have their problems. High tech doesn't always mean high efficiency.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera