Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #1

Basement Organization

In anticipation of our new Anthem I'm trying to determine the best method of organizing "my stuff". Being its our first MH I'm not used to having so much space although I'm sure I'll find a way to fill it up. It took me a number of trips in my fifth wheel to get it right and it only had about as much space as one compartment in the Anthem. I used Rubbermaid tubs to organize similar items in it. I'd appreciate hearing from more experienced MH owners what they have found works well to organize and make things as easy as possible to get to.

Also, other than outdoor furniture, grill, hoses, and tools what do you consider must have items?

Thanks all
2013 Harley RG on a HydraLift
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2016, 06:09 PM   #2

Do you have slide trays? I put most stuff in Rubbermaid tubs and then arrange it on the slides. I'm constantly culling things I don't use to reduce junk.

Some stuff is seasonal (inflatable kayak, beach cart, fire pit) and I take that out and put it in my garage. Not being a full timer I still find I have more space than junk.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #3
Klc

Winnebago Owners Club
Great question. We are in the midst of packing our very 1st mh also. I'd like to add another question to this, if I can, do you and is it safe to store items on ledge above between the slides? So much room up there but I'm afraid to take a chance.
Klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:12 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Rubber made tubs for most of the smaller stuff. Larger stuff goes on the slideout trays or alongside them. I have space for two more GC-8 batteries but for now I guess 4 is enough so that "extra" space is used for some cans and funnel.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:21 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
There are some great posts in the "show us your mods" with basement shelf additions, boxing in the slide compartment(s) types of storage boxes that fit the best and several others. I copied them all
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:29 PM   #6
Klc

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
There are some great posts in the "show us your mods" with basement shelf additions, boxing in the slide compartment(s) types of storage boxes that fit the best and several others. I copied them all
Thanks, I'll have to check them out.
Klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
This basement shelf mod by Pat B. is one of the best space saving, hard to store items like folding chairs mod I have ever seen. I thank him ever time I open a basement door and don't have chairs tangled in everything.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tell...ml#post1512688
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
X2 on what Brobox just said. Pat's basement mod is brilliant, the best I have ever seen.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:43 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I use Tupperware tubs. They are numbered and we have a notebook with anything that's in the tubs numbered. That way I don't have to pull everything out when I'm looking for something. Open the book, get the number, get the tub.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:20 PM   #10

Stuff I *have to have*:

Pole pruner
Rig wash and detail stuff
Green Mountain smoker
Grill, yes I need both
Tools
Spare parts (belts and filters)
Spare bedding box
Ladder (telescoping and wash)
Luggage
Door mat and in/out carpet
Chairs
Stadium chairs
Cases of wine and water
DEF
More
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:16 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I just "reorganized" our basement to get ready for our long trip out west. If I haven't "used" something in the last year, I took it out of the basement and put it in the attic at the house. Except for hoses, belts, etc. that you need for an emergency. I now have lots of unused space that I can "buy" stuff on the road

Hopefully I will contain myself and not do that!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:32 AM   #12

As Full Timers we MUST weed stuff out that doesn't get used. The key is organization, tubs, shelves added ( as mentioned ) and determinigvwhat is really necessary vs what's not !
All that being said we are on our 5th motorhome in 30+ years and been living in our Entegra since Nov. and we are still re-arranging the basement and interior cabinets.
Should have it all figured out before we head to Yellowstone and other great sights in Aug 😀👍😀.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:16 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

I made some raised aluminum sides to put on the driver side ends of my two cargo slide trays so that stuff doesn't fall out over the shorter edges. I use Rubbermaid containers in some areas, tubs in other and of course - the toolbox. I picked up some heavy gauge wire shelving at Home Depot and hung it from the frame rails to allow me to store things next to the frame rails near the tops of the basement compartments, still letting me slide the trays out either side. Utilizing that dead space up in the tops of the compartments is a big help, as others have found out. I have plenty of storage space available, even with hauling two freezers and a Davey Crockett smoker grill.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:28 AM   #14

Beer fridge , I hate running up the stairs and half the length of the coach to get a ( or my second/third ) beverage.
Ice maker, I don't trust the park water in most parks, and having the ice maker in the basement allows me to set up a mini bar so I can get the DW , her beverage too.