Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2020, 06:52 PM   #1

Basement Outlets Not Working

Searched through earlier posts but don’t see anything for newer rigs. I dont normally use them so never noticed but while hooked to shore power today I noticed 4 basement outlets don’t work. The driver side outlet near power reel, outlet in engine bay near block heater, outlet passenger side behind domestic cooler, and outlet passenger side near inverter shutoff switches. I don’t see any ground fault reset switches unless I’m missing them. I checked all the fuses and all seem okay but I don’t see any labeled for outlets anyway. The upper outlets connected to any devices such as basement lights etc. are working fine. Before I get on with CS tomorrow I figured I’d check with everyone here first to save the call. Thanks in advance.
JGilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2020, 07:23 PM   #2

All outside outlets are GFCI protected.

Keep looking.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:25 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Check the GFI breakers above the drivers seat. They will have the white marks on them. To reset, they needed to be turned all the way off while pushing in, then on.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:48 PM   #4

Thanks again Chuck that did it. I feel like I should be paying you with all you’ve helped me with here. When I reset that breaker it sparked which concerned me and had a burn smell, is this common? Never had this happen in my home while resetting breakers. The outlets all work now though and breaker didn’t trip after it sparked so I assume all is fine.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:56 PM   #5

If you push the white button does the breaker trip off? If not the gfi is not working and you will need to change it out
Turbojack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 05:07 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGilchrist View Post
Thanks again Chuck that did it. I feel like I should be paying you with all you’ve helped me with here. When I reset that breaker it sparked which concerned me and had a burn smell, is this common? Never had this happen in my home while resetting breakers. The outlets all work now though and breaker didn’t trip after it sparked so I assume all is fine.
It sounds like one of the wires might be loose. That does happen from bouncing down the road. Remove the plastic panel and have a look. If you need to touch wires, disconnect shore power and turn the inverters off on the Vega Touch. I normally just use a screwdriver and tighten all the screw without killing power.

The Entegra circuit breakers have a weird wire connection, It's a push to connect type connection. Let us know what you find, it might help someone else that has the problem.
Old 12-30-2020, 06:51 AM   #7

Was your block heater on when you reset the breaker ?

In any case, breakers shouldn't spark.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Chuck is too modest to take any pay. On the other hand I’ll be glad to accept any gratitude you were thinking of sending him. Just pm me for info.����
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 08:41 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Chuck is too modest to take any pay. On the other hand I’ll be glad to accept any gratitude you were thinking of sending him. Just pm me for info.����
You should received the donation. I learned a lot of the tips and trick from you. The GFI breakers I learned the hard way trying to switch the basement over to inverter....not so easy without rewiring that panel.
Old 12-30-2020, 08:56 AM   #10

Well I am in Pelican Lake and the coolers full so come claim Chucks donation if he’s not 😂. I’d offer money but the wife just went shopping so that should be interesting and surely cost me plenty. My block heater was not on I only tested the outlet near block heater cord for power. Going to take a look today and will report back, thanks for the suggestions.
Old 12-30-2020, 09:54 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
If your in Naples, you'll need the money. If the freezer is full, unplug the 120v plug and make sure 12v is working. My 19 it was not, I had to replace the freezer. Good thing to check should the GFI breaker be bad, or drip again. It is suppose to get up to 81* today
Old 12-30-2020, 05:11 PM   #12

I don’t use it as a freezer but that outlet was not working although the cooler was still on. The outlet now works and going to mess with the breakers now. The cooler is one of the only storage areas I get, the wife and kids took the rest with all their belongings.
Old 12-30-2020, 05:15 PM   #13

Pushed the white test button on breaker and it did not trip. Did the same on dryer breaker and it tripped. Guess my issue is loose wiring or bad gfi, actually hopefully one or the other.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:57 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Pushed the white test button on breaker and it did not trip. Did the same on dryer breaker and it tripped. Guess my issue is loose wiring or bad gfi, actually hopefully one or the other.
If you pushed the white test button and nothing happened then it is already tripped. Try moving the breaker all the way off and then back on and see if it resets the gfi push button.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote