Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2021, 03:33 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Basement Power Not Working

We’re probably missing something simple but… There is one plug in our basement that runs the matrix and, for us, our basement freezer. That plug runs off the inverters. Every other plug works only on shore or generator power. None of those are functional on either shore or generator now. All have been in the past. We have rebooted using the salesman switch, reset the GFI breaker several times, no joy. Everything upstairs is working whether on shore, generator or inverters. What are we missing?
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2021, 07:33 PM   #2

We have a different coach but our basement AC outlets are fed from the GFCI in the 1/2 bathroom. I know you said you checked these but ther may be one you are missing. Next step is to pull out a multimeter and star chasing wires.
GrantR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:39 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Linda, cycle the GFI circuit breaker above the the drivers seat by pushing in while turning completely off.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:55 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Linda, cycle the GFI circuit breaker above the the drivers seat by pushing in while turning completely off.

That did it…it took three times of Rick resetting the breaker but the third time was the charm. Thank you for sending us back there! From now on…we’ll remember to believe in the power of 3!
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:58 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Those GFI breaker are finicky. If they are not turned all the way off or on while pushing in at the same time they will not reset. Bad part, there is no manual about pushing the switch in to reset.

I have learned the hard way that "reset 3 times" might be a norm with the newer coaches as it was with my Vega Touch and the A/C's.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:59 AM   #6

Goldie

I have a thread up here several months ago that deals with a faulty GFCI breaker in our main breaker boxes above the driver seat. It was for the GFCI for the washing machine. My breaker simply failed for no obvious reason. Yours may be in the process of failing also.

What made a simple replacement difficult is the amount of effort i had to go through to find an appropriate replacement breaker. The Eaton breaker appears not to be available through any of the standard outlets, even industrial outlets. The 20 Amp EATON GFCI breaker now appears to have replaced by a Siemens breaker. The issue is that some safety organization, now requires a breaker to not simply be a ground fault breaker but also one that detects possible arcs/sparks and the original Eaton does not do that. The Siemens does comply.

Here is a link to that thread.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/eat...nt-541303.html ... Oh, the expensive Eaton multi-function breaker available at the big box stores would not have worked as it is designed to go into a new style breaker box that, at least in my2019, is not used.... there is a new style box with a new neutral bar in it.

I went out and bought spare breakers for every fundamental type of breaker used in my coach and with 2 spares of the new Siemens GFCI breaker as it was available through Amazon but not at Lowes or Home Depot. I now carry a complete set of unique replacement breakers for every type breaker used in my Cornerstone in my spares box in the basement. I'd advise you to get the Siemens now as your breaker may well go out again, and the next time, not recover.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power