Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2019, 09:19 AM   #15

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
Jim
I have a 2017 Anthem 44B so I think our door setup is the same. My inside end of the door has come un done. Your post indicates that I need to remove trim on the bathroom side of the door to access the top part to move it to where I can reattach it to the top of the door.

The second picture shows that I was able to get the first part of the trim off, but I am not sure that it will give me access. It almost looks like you have to pull some of the wall off to get access to it.

I am wondering if you have any pictures showing your back area opened up or can give me some more detail on exposing the track.

thanks!

Van Sayler
Van,

When Entegra rehung our crookedly hung door they removed the trim on the bedroom side, although after looking at it I’m not sure that makes the access any easier.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2019, 09:51 PM   #16

I have removed 2 more trim pieces, see first picture, but looking at what is exposed I think I need to remove the top part of the wall to the left, from the trim over to the shower. See second picture with black square roughly designation wall piece I think needs to come out

I took the trim out in the middle of that wall to make sure that it was 2 pieces (top and bottom)

I just don't see how you can get to this thing without making some access.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5163.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	262113   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5164.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	262115  

Old 10-02-2019, 02:15 PM   #17

Here are two documents from Entegra that show the access point. I know some have been able to fix this issue without taking some of the wall off and I am impressed with their efforts

I will try to post some more pictures as I resolve this

Van

POCKET DOOR ROLLER LATCH ADJUSTMENT.pdfWALL,SINGLE POCKET DOOR BOWED.pdf
Old 10-02-2019, 09:43 PM   #18

Here is the other document, its the one more on point
Attached Files
File Type: pdf POCKET DOOR ROLLER LATCH ADJUSTMENT.pdf (1.38 MB, 81 views)
Old 10-02-2019, 10:59 PM   #19

After going through the Entegra writeup I removed the "wall" above the inside of the bathroom pocket door.

Picture one shows how I removed the thin wall piece, using Entegra suggestion I used a hair dryer to heat either end and pulled back the overlapping part of the wall paper.

I then pried out that small thin piece of wall. That exposed screws as shown in picture 2, which I removed and then was able to pull that piece out. Note that I had to have already removed part of the vertical trim work on either side to get that part out.

Picture 3 shows how the track is exposed.

Then I used a small wood Dowling with a eye hook taped on the end to fish out the siding piece to where I could reinsert it into the piece attached to the top of the door. I needed a small diameter light for this task to light up my way to fish that part close to the front so I could grab it.

So the door is now rehung and goes in and out correctly. My remaining concern is that when I flipped the latch over to hold the pin in place, the latch can be easily moved back out off the way, it doesn't stick in place. The one in front is a little stiffer to move out of the way, but I am wondering if this is the case in all of these fittings. Thanks for any feedback on that.

Van
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5169.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	262262   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5168.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	262263  

Name:	IMG_5170.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	262264  
Old 10-03-2019, 06:51 AM   #20

Can you use a small zip tie to hold the latch in place?
Old 10-03-2019, 07:08 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
After going through the Entegra writeup I removed the "wall" above the inside of the bathroom pocket door.

Picture one shows how I removed the thin wall piece, using Entegra suggestion I used a hair dryer to heat either end and pulled back the overlapping part of the wall paper.

I then pried out that small thin piece of wall. That exposed screws as shown in picture 2, which I removed and then was able to pull that piece out. Note that I had to have already removed part of the vertical trim work on either side to get that part out.

Picture 3 shows how the track is exposed.

Then I used a small wood Dowling with a eye hook taped on the end to fish out the siding piece to where I could reinsert it into the piece attached to the top of the door. I needed a small diameter light for this task to light up my way to fish that part close to the front so I could grab it.

So the door is now rehung and goes in and out correctly. My remaining concern is that when I flipped the latch over to hold the pin in place, the latch can be easily moved back out off the way, it doesn't stick in place. The one in front is a little stiffer to move out of the way, but I am wondering if this is the case in all of these fittings. Thanks for any feedback on that.

Van
In my 15 years as service manager, I probably did a couple of dozen of these repairs. I finally found a solution. After closing the clasp apply a 1/4 inch of silicone sealant to the lock. That will keep it in place and is easily cut with a razor knife if you ever need to remove the door. It has held on my Pace Arrow for 12 years.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:20 AM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Here is a method I saw used by a mobile tech. He had a long pair of thin needle nose pliers that he had bent the apx. last inch of the nose to a right angle. He was able to reach in from the side and snap the latch back on. He then put a small dab of Goop on the latch to prevent it from happening again. He put the Goop on the end of a wire and reached in from the outside end of the door to the latch to put it on, just a touch. This was on an outside latch. Inner latch, good luck. If you do pull trim, place some on the inner latch.

It was suggested I put the Goop, or something simular to all the sliding door latches I can get to. Even if it's just the outside end door latch you'll eliminate 50% of them. He said it would be nice if the mfgr. would do this when the doors were installed.

Hope this helps someone. FWIW
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:58 PM   #23

I will try the silicone. I don’t think a zip tie will work
Thanks!
Van
Old 10-08-2019, 05:36 AM   #24

Hi Van, Great write up, Pics and Thanks for the Entegra PDF.

I'm wondering how common a problem this is and are there others that have had this happen that haven't posted ? Yesterday leaving The Fryeburg Fair we encountered very rough gravel road construction on Rte 16 in Ossippee, NH and when we stopped for lunch our pocket door was hanging at an angle ! Our floor plan is an A and I was hoping there was access to the pocket door track thru the shower plumbing cutout but it sounds like no luck. Anyone know ?

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, problem