Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2022, 07:13 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Bathroom Window Missing after trip

The rear bath window fell off somewhere between our departure and arrival today (the screen and window extender are still present). It was there this morning during the walk around before departing. Have not heard of this before and could not find anything on the forum - after a cursory search. That particular window gets rarely opened. I guess I will be adding that to my preflight. Calling Entegra tomorrow - hopefully itís a stocked or readily available item. I hope this did not cause damage to a fellow traveler.
H60DRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2022, 07:38 PM   #2

I believe others have posted about this problem, so you are not alone. Chuck will probably chime in with the threads.
Old 12-06-2022, 08:12 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I had the passenger vent window come off on me on the last trip. Waiting on a replacement now.
Layer...
Rsy
RayandWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 09:26 PM   #4

Lippert had a pretty big recall about these windows failing. It was issued by the NTSB since they were prone to falling off while underway. Definitely reach out to Entegra and get your other windows looked at ASAP.

We had two replaced by Newmar as part of the recall and the rest checked out ok.
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 09:46 PM   #5
NXR

Bathroom Window Missing after trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmar2856
We had two replaced by Newmar as part of the recall and the rest checked out ok.

My first Lippert/HEHR dual pane vent window was found to be within inches of falling completely off when washing the motorhome in my driveway. This was in September 2021. The motorhome began to be assembled in early 2019.

The NHTSA had the recall listed but it had not yet officially begun. I checked the other eight vent windows and found one more starting to detach.

Due to the massive amount of vent windows needed the dealer was unable to get me replacements but fortunately my temporary repairs to the two vent windows held. We went to Florida for the winter and over the next three months I found more had started to come loose each month.

We got back from Florida in April 2022 with six of nine vent windows having failed adhesive. As of right now six have been replaced, one is on order, and I'm testing the windows each month because the last two probably will fail on this trip.

My point is that if the dealer had actually performed the recall check in September or October 2021 we would have thought all was well but over the next ten months the other vent windows began to fail and we would not have known they were going bad.

In other words, don't let the recall check convince you the other windows are OK and will stay that way. The recall test is just a feeler-type gauge. If the person testing the vent windows does not hit the exact point of adhesive separation the window will be marked as OK but can still be beginning to fail. Or fail later.

Test each window a few days before driving or you could have an unpleasant surprise and possibly injure someone hit by the falling glass.

Ray
Old 12-07-2022, 04:54 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I had the window recall issued on my 21. Just checked your 19, it was also issued for your coach. The date the recall was issued was July 13, 2021. Attached are all 5 recalls listed for your 19, the windows being one of them. Lucky break, the windows are expensive. https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2019/E...RSTONE#recalls

For those that have not registered your coach with NHTSA, it's a good way to keep up with any recalls listed to your VIN. They will send you an email anytime a recall is issued. I have had notices as much as 60 before I received the letter from Entegra or Spartan. This post is a good example, the OP does have the recall issued for the windows and would have been notified.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 06:16 AM   #7

My bathroom window delaminated (separated) also. The are sending me a new one under warranty.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:08 AM   #8

I have lost both bathroom windows and now on this trip one of the windows in the PS living area.

Three windows blown out in the last 5 trips.

I had NIRVC perform the recall after the first window. That obviously means nothing.

Lippert/Hehr is denying replacing all remaining windows.

I saw this window go in the side view as my wife was sitting opposite and hollered. There was a semi in that spot that luckily was not too bothered and moved on past but I can not imagine if that were a passenger car. This is a very dangerous situation.

This window loss also did quite the gouge in the exterior TV aluminum door. The bathroom windows did not do damage to teh coach at least.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:12 AM   #9

Holy cow. I’m sorry this is happening.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:27 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Chuck. I canít believe I overlooked this very important registration procedure with the NTSB. Two other recalls were complied with at a Dealer. I was at Entegra for some work this last summer. You would have thought that they would inform owners of non compliant recalls. This particular remedy (vent windows) is less than 40% remedied (out of a total recall population of 833). This tells me that owners, like myself, have not registered and are unaware of the issue. Thanks for sharing this invaluable lesson to those of us who are unaware of recalls or conditions that are potential hazardous, or worse, life threatening.
H60DRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 10:20 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by H60DRVR View Post
Thanks Chuck. I canít believe I overlooked this very important registration procedure with the NTSB. Two other recalls were complied with at a Dealer. I was at Entegra for some work this last summer. You would have thought that they would inform owners of non compliant recalls. This particular remedy (vent windows) is less than 40% remedied (out of a total recall population of 833). This tells me that owners, like myself, have not registered and are unaware of the issue. Thanks for sharing this invaluable lesson to those of us who are unaware of recalls or conditions that are potential hazardous, or worse, life threatening.
Dave,
Also check that your are registered with Cummins, etc. Even on one of my new coaches I was not registered with Cummins until I checked. They also have engine campaigns that are important. Also being registered allows you stay up to date on the updates for the first 5 years at no cost, but you have to make the appointment, they do not notify for updates. It's not uncommon to have 8-14 updates, some improving fuel economy.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:46 AM   #12
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.herren
Lippert/Hehr is denying replacing all remaining windows.
I have two large windows up front, each with two vent windows and one vent window failed on each. I requested they replace the other vent window on each one as well and got denied.

Then when they sent the windows to the dealer they sent both vents for one window and none for the other so I got one replaced "proactively".

The large hinged-on-the-top emergency exit pane also is one that has not yet failed. Lippert sent one to the dealer by accident but it was for an exit that opened on the rear, not the front, or I'd have that one replaced by now as well.

I'm going to smear some black Permatex sealant between the panes of both the vent and non-opening window panes. Maybe that will help keep the dual panes stuck together or at least provide another layer of sealing to help keep moisture out.

Ray
Old 12-08-2022, 06:40 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
I have two large windows up front, each with two vent windows and one vent window failed on each. I requested they replace the other vent window on each one as well and got denied.

Ray
As expensive as these windows are, they are going to be replaced on an as needed basis just like the defective 108 GRI Aqua Hot pump motors.

I have the window recall printed and in the MH file. If other windows start failing I am covered. There is no expiration date on the recall, but it also does not call for all windows in a coach to be replaced. The next owner will be glad to have that notice along with all of the maintenance records.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:44 AM   #14
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox
I have the window recall printed and in the MH file. If other windows start failing I am covered. There is no expiration date on the recall, but it also does not call for all windows in a coach to be replaced. The next owner will be glad to have that notice along with all of the maintenance records.
I asked our dealer to not do the recall officially so it would remain open for my VIN. They just ordered and replaced the bad windows and got paid by Lippert so they didn't care either way.

Two to go and one is fogging up in direct sun so it's on its way out.

Ray

Tags
wind, window