Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2019, 11:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snkbyte View Post
Thanks all for your input!
On our way to Phoenix for some Spartan warranty work this week and will be stopping by Copperstate Battery to pick up the Lifeline GPL-6CT AGM's. Hope to do the install before the weekend and then all I have to do is try to figure out the correct settings for the Magnum panel Oh well...one step at a time lol!

Thanks again!

Rob
Don ("757driver") is your go-to guy for those settings. I suspect he'll see this thread and chime in. If not, I and/or others will be happy to help you. Lots of info in this thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/life...gs-362836.html

Curiosity question: Where in Phoenix are you having your Spartan warranty work done. Massey Diesel? Freightliner of Arizona? Or?
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2019, 12:48 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I love the WalMart Everstart Maxx Group 29 battery. Not expensive. Good capacity. Free installation. Great warranty. I use it in my boat, too.

You could use up two of these and still be money ahead compared to those AGMs.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattman-Litlboy View Post
We upgraded to eight Lifeline GPL-6CT AGMs over a year ago and without changing any normal electrical loads, we got 11-hrs on one full charge. We love them.
Jim

Question...
On your 2015 anthem did these lifeline 6 series swap out and fit in your existing tray without any modifications?
Was the height ok..
Thanks
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:30 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks all for your input!
On our way to Phoenix for some Spartan warranty work this week and will be stopping by Copperstate Battery to pick up the Lifeline GPL-6CT AGM's. Hope to do the install before the weekend and then all I have to do is try to figure out the correct settings for the Magnum panel Oh well...one step at a time lol!

Thanks again!

Rob
Send me a PM when you get them and I can send you the settings.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Lifeline are top of the line, but if you have to have them right now and can't wait for shipping if not local, I had good Luck with East Penn AGM's. https://www.google.com/search?client...battery+brands
They manufacture the DEKA and Duracell brand along with others that can be found locally at Golf cart and battery supply houses. They held over night charges much better than the factory installed batteries and are manufacture in the USA, not China.
I 2nd the Duracell brand. Used them on my last R.V. Also they can be purchased at your local Sam's wholesale.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:51 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Don ("757driver") is your go-to guy for those settings. I suspect he'll see this thread and chime in. If not, I and/or others will be happy to help you. Lots of info in this thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/life...gs-362836.html

Curiosity question: Where in Phoenix are you having your Spartan warranty work done. Massey Diesel? Freightliner of Arizona? Or?
Yes, going into Masseys' tomorrow, have heard good things about them...fingers crossed lol!

Rob
2016 Entegra Aspire 44B, 2018 Ford F450 Dually /w Lance 1191 Camper, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, 2018 Lincoln Navigator,FFR Mk #3 Roadster
Snkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:55 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Send me a PM when you get them and I can send you the settings.
Hey Don...thanks very much!! I'll PM in couple of days once I get the change over finished.

Rob
2016 Entegra Aspire 44B, 2018 Ford F450 Dually /w Lance 1191 Camper, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, 2018 Lincoln Navigator,FFR Mk #3 Roadster
Old 01-24-2019, 08:58 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A huge shout-out to Don (757driver) for sending us the proper settings for the new batteries...everything is in and appears to be charging as it should!
We really appreciate you sharing a tiny bit of your wealth of knowledge with almost total strangers (we did talk with you briefly at the Quartzite gathering in 2017... we were right across from you at the end of the group).
Hope to meet up with you again somewhere down the road so we can share a beverage of some sort and say thanks in person!!

Rob & Holly
Old 01-24-2019, 09:48 PM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
I have been using the GPL-6 CT series for a couple of years now. Great batteries. According to Lifeline, per conversation, they were designed to provide the most amps available in the 7x10 inch footprint of any other battery available. Although they are 13 " in height they can be laid and installed on their side if needed. Not so with the L16. I was recently told by Lifeline that Tiffin is now using them in a bank of six for just over 900 Amps total. The demand for then is stressing Lifeline production limits according to Lifeline.

I am using four 6 CT's for 600 Amps. I do fine, dry camping, waking in the 7 am time frame at about 12.3 to 12.1 V range.The setup for them is as explained for Lifeline 1. I have Beta designed a bracket for adding two more laying on their side for 900 amps but am not sure I need them.

Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:21 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
A huge shout-out to Don (757driver) for sending us the proper settings for the new batteries...everything is in and appears to be charging as it should!
We really appreciate you sharing a tiny bit of your wealth of knowledge with almost total strangers (we did talk with you briefly at the Quartzite gathering in 2017... we were right across from you at the end of the group).
Hope to meet up with you again somewhere down the road so we can share a beverage of some sort and say thanks in person!!

Rob & Holly
Rob,

Your welcome. Hope to see you again down the road someday.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery