Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2018, 07:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
I have been told that Lifeline or Full River are the only two ways to go.
Surrette / Rolls batteries are a top of the line brand, too.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2018, 07:34 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
The full river agm battery is boasting a 250 ah which is sweet @ $2,700
For 8 on google at some battery store in Vegas The height and width seem to fit the tray.. it did look like the post were opposite of the stock discovery battery.. not sure if any one has experience with these but if I was up for batteries I think I’d look real hard at these...
Just read the specs and they have a 7 year warranty. Also found them on line for $279. but a $30. core charge.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Surrette / Rolls batteries are a top of the line brand, too.
Absolutely correct and they're priced accordingly.

I've been tempted to try them, but a Rolls flooded-cell battery costs about as much as a Lifeline AGM of similar capacity. I'm sure the Rolls batteries last a long time, but given a choice between servicing flooded-cell batteries on a regular basis versus dusting off AGM's once a year or so, it's hard to not opt for AGM's.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:30 AM   #18

I just finished replacing my 8 with Fullriver 250ah, only issues was top tray was very tight on top so I had to trim the face place ( area u c when opening the bay door) so the post did not contact, all good now just hope they last longer than originals did . My supplier recommended them.
raceday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:52 PM   #19

I bought FullRiver to replace 8 wet cells on my boat. It only took once refilling 48 individual cells to trade them for the AGM's. We owned the boat for 6 years and were on the hook (equivalent to boondocking) 95% of the time and they were still in good shape when we sold it. I think you'll be happy with your choice.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreault View Post
Thank you all for the info! East Penn is right up the road from me, so I’m going to check their prices too.
+1 on East Penn... I put 3 8D AGMs in my boat a few yrs back and very pleased w price / performance.
If you are near one of their locations check as I did well by going directly to them... especially if buying several they gave me an attractive price.
Sams Club carries East Penn FLA and AGMs at decent prices as well.
There are higher quality but at much higher price... not sure they will break even or match $/AH / cycle but it is subjective as hard to compare with everyones usage and dilligence different.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:51 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Jeff, when it comes to deep-cycle AGM batteries, Lifeline batteries are pretty much the class of the field. Not surprisingly they’re priced accordingly, but I’ve purchased more than a few of them over years (for my own use and assisting others with their needs) and have always been very satisfied.

Also worth mentioning is that Lifeline is headquartered in southern California and all their products are made there. If you have a problem or a question, you can call and talk to a real person. You might even end up speaking with Justin Godber, who is the grandson of the gentleman who founded the company years ago.

If you don’t want to spend the money for Lifelines, my next choice would be the East Penn “Intimidator” AGM batteries. East Penn is also a U.S. based company (Lyon Station, Pennsylvania) and their products are made there. As you noted, the rated capacity of the East Penn GC2 AGM’s is less than the Lifeline GPL-4CT’s. That’s not an issue if you don’t do a lot of dry camping, but if you’re an avid boondocker you’ll want to go for as much capacity as you can afford.

Regarding the prices you quoted for the East Penn AGM batteries, I believe you can do better if you check Sam’s Club. They sell the same East Penn batteries under the “Duracell” brand name, usually for less than $200 per battery. Also of interest, a flyer I just received from Camping World includes a page proclaiming “Save up to 20% on Flooded & AGM Batteries” and shows a photo of East Penn Intimidator AGM batteries. Under the photo it reads “AGM BATTERIES STARTING AT CLUB SALE $128 / Regularly $160.99.” Not sure if that price is for the 6 volt GC2 AGM batteries you need, but probably worth checking if you decide to go with the East Penn batteries.

I just saw today that at Sams club Duracell are batteries are an extra $20 during March.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaone View Post
I just saw today that at Sams club Duracell are batteries are an extra $20 during March.
To clarify, I believe you meant to say an extra $20 OFF the regular price.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
To clarify, I believe you meant to say an extra $20 OFF the regular price.

Yes $20 off
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:56 PM   #24

Reference my post regarding Fullriver AGM 250 ah when installed I had to turn 2 battery’s opposite than original battery’s to make cables reach & trim the face plate so post did not touch but all good now. Thanks to someone which has a lot of knowledge & was willing to help all is good, tks again (pilot) un named source [emoji12]
raceday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:07 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceday View Post
Reference my post regarding Fullriver AGM 250 ah when installed I had to turn 2 battery’s opposite than original battery’s to make cables reach & trim the face plate so post did not touch but all good now. Thanks to someone which has a lot of knowledge & was willing to help all is good, tks again (pilot) un named source [emoji12]
If the positive posts on the tray touched the frame when sliding the tray in and out would make for some very dramatic fireworks.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:12 PM   #26

Location: Bessemer City, NC AKALake Havasu City, AZaka Laughlin, Nv / aka Fairhope, Al / aka Roseville, Ca
does anyone know who makes Centennial 6 volt deep cycle batteries ?
Onthehunt49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:53 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthehunt49 View Post
does anyone know who makes Centennial 6 volt deep cycle batteries ?
Here you go. It looks like they are the manufacture. Lead-Acid Battery Manufacturers and Brand Names List 2018
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:11 AM   #28

Location: Bessemer City, NC AKALake Havasu City, AZaka Laughlin, Nv / aka Fairhope, Al / aka Roseville, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Here you go. It looks like they are the manufacture. Lead-Acid Battery Manufacturers and Brand Names List 2018

Thanks for the chart.. Now i am really confused. LOL
I scrolled down to Trojan and centennial listed under them too.

Trojan Battery Co. [Deep Cycle], (US) +1-562-236-3000, 1-800-423-6569 or Trojan Battery Company

AC Series [Motive Deep Cycle]

Action Pack

Apex, (Australia)

Centennial Battery

Deep Cycle AGM [AGM Deep Cycle]

Deep Cycle Gel [Gel Cell Deep Cycle]

Industrial Line [Stationary Deep Cycle]

Marine/RV Line [Motive Deep Cycle]

Minn Kota, [Marine Deep Cycle], (US) +1-507-345-4623, 1-800-227-6433 or http://www.minnkotamotors.com/ or (Canada) 1-800-263-6390

Outdoor [AGM]

Plus Series [Motive Deep Ccyle]

Polar, please see Polar Battery Vancouver, [Marine], (Canada) +1-604-294-1891, 1-800-363-3550 or Widest Range of Batteries at the Best Prices | Polar Battery

Premium Line [Solar Deep Cycle]

Pro-Guide

Ranger [Golf Cart Deep Cycle]

Relient [AGM Deep Cycle]

SeaVolt, please see West Marine, [Marine], (US) +1-831-761-4800, 1-800-BOATING or http://www.westmarine.com/

Signature Line [Solar Deep Cycle]

Su-Kam Power Systems (Joint Venture) [Deep Cycle]

Supergel [Gel Cell]

Superior Cycling, (SCS)

Traveler [Golf Cart Deep Cycle]
Onthehunt49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, battery, replace, replacement