Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2018, 03:55 PM   #29

Kathy & I will be replacing the house batteries in our ‘14 Anthem this spring. We will be picking up the 8 lifeline batteries @ $275ea from Centex Batteries in Bastrop, Tx sometime in April. My question for the group is: How difficult of a job is it to install this bank of batteries?
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Not difficult. The “RV Geeks” did a youtube video that shows you how to, draw a cable chart etc.
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Not hard, label each cable and what battery it goes to. Take a couple of pictures with your phone before you start and do the diagram. Use anti concision on the terminals and cables, I use Vaseline, others use the red spray.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:23 PM   #32

Once the batteries are upgraded and replaced, will the inverters just recognize the new batteries or will they need to be reprogrammed or settings changed?
Old 03-09-2018, 05:21 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Peter found Don's excellent post on Lifeline settings. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/life...gs-362836.html
Old 03-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #34

The battery to battery wiring is pretty straightforward. Take pictures and draw a diagram. BUT, be very careful that you don't let any battery cable inadvertently bump into the chassis, or opposite lead of one of the batteries or you will be welding the battery cable to the chassis or frame. It is all pretty easy, but just be very careful of not letting anything flop around as you do the wiring....!!!!

Remember you are wiring up multiple series/parallel battery pairs as you put these together, and follow your diagram exactly. If one of the battery cables is too long or too short, you have something wrong in what you are doing.... they are pretty much exactly what is needed in the factory wiring and if you buy batteries the same physical size, you should have nothing strange or unanticipated on cable length.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #35

Questions continue to occupy my time as I plan for my battery replacement project. In the battery compartment does one battery tray supply a single inverter? ie: upper tray inverter#1?
Old 03-09-2018, 11:51 AM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallencollin View Post
Questions continue to occupy my time as I plan for my battery replacement project. In the battery compartment does one battery tray supply a single inverter? ie: upper tray inverter#1?
Peter,

In a nutshell no. There is one 3/0 inverter cable running to each tray (top and bottom) but they are tied together at the inverters class T fuses on the back wall. The entire bank of batteries can be charged by either or both inverter/chargers or conversely either inverter can draw from all 8 batteries.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, an easy solution the battery cables getting welded is to use masking tape to wrap the terminals as they are removed. Then use a Sharpe to mark on the tape which battery it goes to. Kills two birds with one procedure. I also group my cable together with wire ties so one does not drop out of sight. Don't ask how I learned that one The TS had a lot of small wires connected to the batteries, the one a lost was the hot wire to the gauges. I think the Entegra's are wired much better.

Tags
ace, battery, replace, replacement