Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2022, 08:42 PM   #1

Battery Size

I am in need of new house batteries for a 2019 Reatta 39T2.

Just wondering if I need to replace them with L16 size or can I replace with a smaller size?

We very rarely camp without hookup, the occasional one night stop in a Walmart.

Thanks
Arrowad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2022, 10:11 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I attached the Trojan Product Specification Guide which shows capacity ratings of various size deep cycle batteries. The L16 shows 370 up to 435 @ 20 amp hour ratings depending what version of battery you get.

I have 4- 6V T-105 which are rated at 225 @ 20 amp hour each and when banked equal 450 amp hours @ 12V. 4- L16's would be 740 up to 870 amp hours @ 12V.

Depending on what energy consumption you need to supply for how long dictates how large of energy storage capacity is needed. I can run my coach including AquaHot heating overnight on my 450 amp hour capacity. Operating the inverter and adding additional energy consumption would reduce how long batteries will last.

Just an occasional parking lot overnight stay would probably not require a bank of L16's in my opinion. You would still have your genset as a backup.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Trojan ProdSpecGuide.pdf (714.9 KB, 4 views)
04 CC 33' Allure Seaside #31077 ISL 400 CM850
24' Wildcat 5th Wheel -- Lance Truck Camper x 2
Equinox Toad
Windward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:37 AM   #3
WDW

Battery Size

Going through this process right now. L 16s are the only thing that youíre going to find that fit the cabinet area. Changing them significantly will require reprogramming the magnum inverter. Your best bet is to stay with what you have. Locating them can be challenging. Expect that this will cost you about $1500 and more depending upon installation and spot price. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but like I said Iím doing this right now and waiting for my new batteries to arrive.

PS - If you havenít looked at them yet, you only need two. Most likely they are full river 400Ė6DC. They are located behind the set of panels midship just be on the electrical panel on the curbside. P.m. me if you need more help.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:13 AM   #4
Official iRV2 Sponsor

You can go smaller. But I would not recommend it. Need the power in the coach to run components off the inverter. It might save you money initially but could cost you more in the long run.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:00 PM   #5

How many L16's?
My '17 Aspire has two. It will not and has never gone all night unplugged. I get a low battery cutoff on the magnum around 4am and wake up with no power.

I couldn't imagine having any less.
I could easily imagine double.
But I can't recall the last time we spent a night unplugged.

Sent from my moto z3 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 07:59 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
For those that never "plan" on boondocking and feel they do not need the minimum supplied batteries amps. It's the unplanned boondocking that one needs to be prepared for. Over the years, twice we have had unscheduled breakdowns where we have had to spend the night without power. Once was being towed into Cummins lot on a cold, rainy Friday night with no outside power and we could not move the coach. Had we not had a full tank of diesel, it could have been a different story until Monday morning. After that experience, good batteries have been a must at the beginning of each travel season. I also travel with a full tank of water now as well
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery