Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
I think it is costly for a dealer to accept it. Just like shipping of a product, when the package arrives damaged you are suppose to notify the carrier. If a coach comes defective it would be a lot more difficult to get the manufacturer to pay 30 to 90 days sitting on your lot. Warranty items aside, but damage to cabinets, tile, paint, leather etc... that is going up to the manufacturer upon delivery. That is my opinion.

Chuck, somehow you got the short end of the straw on that delivery. It is unfortunate but I read about you getting things done on it to make it your own. One day you will sit back and enjoy the coach. I will be in LD in January you need to drop on by and say hi.

My opinion, if the dealers didn't have a waiting list of ordered coaches and they knew they would have to keep them on the lot and market them for 30 to 100 days (time value of money) they would probably have them in great shape, cleaned ready for the next potential buyer. Just saying if I was a dealer and I had three units delivered on Tuesday (roughly 1 million in real company dollars) and I had three buyers that were waiting on them for six months, dealer might have the tendency to call them on Tuesday and say come in before Saturday to pick up your new coach. Might not perform the inspection as thoroughly. I think this could even be more exaggerated when the dealer knows that you are out of state, it is all about pricing and you may never come back to have it serviced regularly. Makes the quick buck, quick turnaround, quick profit.

This may get some negative comments but come on put yourself in the shoes of a dealer. They have some serious money in these units. If they can get you in it (they made their profit) then warranty repair it (you own it not them ) they win twice.
Good post. Additionally there are some who will fix the problem or not notice it and some who are extremely anal.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #30
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarriere View Post
My first coach was a 1979 GMC Palm Beach that bought from my Father after traveling in it growing up. I have since owned a Fun Mover and a Tiffin Red.

#8 Yes, I hear the "thunk" when plugging in the coach.

#9 It is a GE with ice maker on the left door. Yes, I have seen the button on the front panel and have pushed it. So far nothing.
Didn't know that you were a seasoned expert. Just trying help. Sorry.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #31

rcarriere,
For what it is worth, Joyce will go above and beyond to help you get the coach sorted. We bought a 2011 Aspire 42DL NEW from Hope's Camper in Monroe La.
The thing was a pile of crap and stayed in the shop for the first 3 1/2 years, NEVER had a pleasure trip in it for those years. Joyce stuck with us and we FINALLY got the coach lined out and have now enjoyed 2 trouble free SHORT trips with the coach.
If it makes you feel better our problems were MAJOR compared to yours list. % pages worth. Problems with everything but the Freightliner Chassis components. The worst was the roof leaks, it has been completely resealed 3 times and finally no leaks! Good luck and be patient, Entegra will stand behind the coach but it will take some time for the little issues to all get sorted out. It helps a lot to accept small issues and fix them yourself if possible!
Good Luck.
As for your #8. I am plugged in to a 50 amp service right now and the lights in the coach are fading in and out like the coach is running on the batteries. This may be just my ignorance on the coach and maybe there is a switch or something that I am missing but I cannot get Entegra on the phone to find out.
I recommend you check the water level in the house batteries, the coach lights should still be 12volt operated and the charging system maintains batteries while on shore power. If it does have low water levels in batteries you will eventually short out the inverter system, has happened to 2 friends and that's been the cause! Won't hurt to check that out.
SDM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovitt View Post
Didn't know that you were a seasoned expert. Just trying help. Sorry.

Far from being any type of seasoned expert. It was asked what experience I had and just simply answered. What I am finding is that it does not matter how long you have been a RV'r, the coaches are coming off the line without being inspected and the guides/manuals are non existent.
rcarriere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:56 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM1 View Post
rcarriere,
For what it is worth, Joyce will go above and beyond to help you get the coach sorted. We bought a 2011 Aspire 42DL NEW from Hope's Camper in Monroe La.
The thing was a pile of crap and stayed in the shop for the first 3 1/2 years, NEVER had a pleasure trip in it for those years. Joyce stuck with us and we FINALLY got the coach lined out and have now enjoyed 2 trouble free SHORT trips with the coach.
If it makes you feel better our problems were MAJOR compared to yours list. % pages worth. Problems with everything but the Freightliner Chassis components. The worst was the roof leaks, it has been completely resealed 3 times and finally no leaks! Good luck and be patient, Entegra will stand behind the coach but it will take some time for the little issues to all get sorted out. It helps a lot to accept small issues and fix them yourself if possible!
Good Luck.
As for your #8. I am plugged in to a 50 amp service right now and the lights in the coach are fading in and out like the coach is running on the batteries. This may be just my ignorance on the coach and maybe there is a switch or something that I am missing but I cannot get Entegra on the phone to find out.
I recommend you check the water level in the house batteries, the coach lights should still be 12volt operated and the charging system maintains batteries while on shore power. If it does have low water levels in batteries you will eventually short out the inverter system, has happened to 2 friends and that's been the cause! Won't hurt to check that out.

I have absolutely nothing but respect for Joyce. She has a very difficult job. However, the manner in which things are being addressed is not satisfactory in my opinion. It is not personal not an attack against Joyce. She is one person trying to do too much JMO.

I am not retired, I do not have all the time in the world to find and fix items that should not be broken when it is brand new. I know that most are putting on the positive swing so not to sound negative but why should a customer pay what we are paying for vehicles that are built so unprofessionally? I can not tell you how many screws I pass by around the coach that are not put in straight but on angles. Why do we not have a comprehensive manual on the coach and how the run the main systems? In the age of technology and the assembly line there is no excuse for this anymore. Yes, I understand that this is a house running down the road. This is an excuse that the builders have put out there for all of us to accept so they can get by putting a mediocre product out there and let the customer fix it given enough frustration.

Can I fix most everything on this coach....yes given the time. The point is I should not have to and this goes from a tent to the Prevost when it is brand new coming off the lot. We do not accept this with any other vehicle, vessel, or aircraft why an RV?

Ok, I am done ranting....for now.

Thank you all for the helpful information regarding how to find the problems and fixes for this coach.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:47 AM   #34

rcarrie,
MY ADVISE take it as you wish since I have been EXACTLY in your shoes with our 2011 Entegra.
As I have found out myself, Joyce can make things happen if you work with her. True it may not be exactly when we want things done but it can be in a timely manner.
Don't think your the only one still working, I work on drilling rigs in the gulf of Mexico 3 weeks at work and 3 weeks off. It really stinks having to come home and work on the coach or have it in the shop when you want to go on a trip on days off. Been there several times having to remain calm as the wife is on her knees crying because the coach broke down AGAIN on an attempt to use it for one of her planned trips. This has happened several times. We even had out lawyer attempt to help us with lemon laws etc on the coach, BUT where we purchased the coach lemon law does not exist for motorhome units ( it's all in the wording). Not to mention that we received a very polite letter back from Jayco ( Entegra parent company) clearly informing we could continue with lawyer if we wanted but they assured us they had more money than us and we would lose!!!!
NOW, I recommend you either get rid of the Entegra and go get a Prevost or the likes of one OR work with Entegra and learn to fix the little things on the coach as you can. Trust me IF YOU DON'T it leads to ulcers and VERY UNNEEDED STRESS for YOU! Part of the fun of RV lifestyle is talking with other owners learning tricks and ways to fix things and Entegra owners ( especially if you own a Spartan Chassis) are very helpful.
If your like me and have the Frieghtliner chassis your sort of an outcast on here, but some folks still offer help.
So your not alone and from having been in your shoes I totally understand how you feel. Once I accepted the quality of coach I got when bought the Entegra and decided to make small repairs myself things have gotten a lot better. True the quality should be better BUT until the Japanese start building RV's the American quality is what we get.

So, to the point here. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. It's NOT WORTH THE STRESS, been there and learned that. Other owners on IRV2 will help you figure out and fix things. If your that unhappy then get rid of it.
It took 3 1/2 years to get ours lined out but can enjoy it now.

Really do wish you the best with whatever you decide, and will do my very best to help you trouble shoot and resolve your issues if you decide to try yourself.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
I feel your pain, I won't even go into been there done that. I am surprised at some of the things I read on this forum still going out the door. One new Cornerstone purchaser stated that his steps also had the wind noise. I am finding it hard to believe that these issues are not being inspected and addressed. That is not a small problem if you have to drive a 1,000 miles before you can get to it to fix it, or have it fixed. At least from the forum we know what the fix is, but I just can't believe the factory is not taking care of a known issue at the time of construction. What about the 1,000 + purchasers that are not on the forum and don't have a clue about the fix for that terrible noise?

I have put countless hours into our MH trying to make it right. I am one of the retired ones, but the DW asked if I had a job as much time as I have spent on the MH. Not something you would expect from something "brand new".

I did find the owners manuals to be very complete. My previous MH did not come with an owners manual, only the instruction books for installed products. I was pleased to have some kind of a grab type of book to check on something.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Here's a new problem for you.

MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #37

Oh hell yes, I agree if it were a .50 cent part and 30 sec to fix, that would be one thing, but on the prices of these coaches, perfection should be the ultimate goal before they leave the factory parking lot, now when your buying a used coach and the dealer should look and fix the most obvious, like breaks tires test engine cylinders and trans and overall leaks they can see, but they are going maybe to miss something, but these are dream vehicles, and should be tested a month before let go to the owner, ,, but like my piece of metal hunk, you get what you pay for, if I could afford one like this I would be furious over things like this I would have stayed and camped out in their lot,, lol, but that just me, idiotic old okie,, I sure hope you get her done, If your anywhere near the central valley in your travels and need anything and I can help when I get back, just holler, and well come a runnin, I might not be able to do much, but we'll giver hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarriere View Post
I have absolutely nothing but respect for Joyce. She has a very difficult job. However, the manner in which things are being addressed is not satisfactory in my opinion. It is not personal not an attack against Joyce. She is one person trying to do too much JMO.

I am not retired, I do not have all the time in the world to find and fix items that should not be broken when it is brand new. I know that most are putting on the positive swing so not to sound negative but why should a customer pay what we are paying for vehicles that are built so unprofessionally? I can not tell you how many screws I pass by around the coach that are not put in straight but on angles. Why do we not have a comprehensive manual on the coach and how the run the main systems? In the age of technology and the assembly line there is no excuse for this anymore. Yes, I understand that this is a house running down the road. This is an excuse that the builders have put out there for all of us to accept so they can get by putting a mediocre product out there and let the customer fix it given enough frustration.

Can I fix most everything on this coach....yes given the time. The point is I should not have to and this goes from a tent to the Prevost when it is brand new coming off the lot. We do not accept this with any other vehicle, vessel, or aircraft why an RV?

Ok, I am done ranting....for now.

Thank you all for the helpful information regarding how to find the problems and fixes for this coach.
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
SDM1 - you are a very patient person. If I read your posts correctly you have worked with Entegra for 3 1/2 years (post 34) and the lights are still flickering (post 31).

IMO that is too long.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
SDM....I'm glad to hear you are on the road and getting some enjoyment out of your coach...yours s a tough job and you deserve the relaxation that comes with it. Your and Chuck's experiences suggest that others can relate and have shown they can overcome. I think there are a lot of us in all brands who have experienced more than a fair share of issues with new coaches. i certainly agree that you have to work with what you have...not worth the ulcers for sure...and if it too much pain and you still want the lifestyle, then opt for an alternative...life's too short. Over two years and two coaches, I think my punch lists now exceed 175 items. That's why I interact with the folks at Entegra on improving quality and quality control. Only way I can see making a difference.

Anyway, I'm glad you're getting some enjoyment out of your coach.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #40

Thanks DSL
We have actually enjoyed the last two trouble free trips in the coach, FINALLY. I completely understand new owners being upset with any issues for what we pay for these coach units.
My lights are working fine , I was commenting on original post issue #8, with his lights dimming. Hopefully they get their new coach lined out soon, it does take time and yes it can be very irritating. Make the best of things and enjoy.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Here's a new problem for you.

LOL - thank you, I needed that. Now I am terrified when I have to go to MI this winter for the trade shows I need to attend. GOD HELP ME!!!.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Do we hear airline, cab and HOTEL in your future?
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rust