RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2020, 09:05 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Bella Terra

I know a number of you have lots in Bella Terra, and I was wondering how much damage was done by the recent storm ?
Les1951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2020, 09:49 AM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
Not there or an owner but contacted a friend who owns there.
Lots of flooding, with some wind damage as well.
You can check out Bella Terra on FB and see some of the pics.
Lake water came all the way up over the pool.
Prayers to all the Coastal area, our favorite home away from home.
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:17 PM   #3

✝️
buck58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:10 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Well, we own there and couldn't come to get the RV out before the storm. We got a call on Thursday saying "I don't think your motorhome or Dodge Ram or golf cart can be saved" .... Then a picture with water all around it. By the next day the water had receded enough for a fellow Entegra owner to go over and see if it would start .... low and behold ALL of the rolling stock started! Generator sounds sick (generator exhaust was under water for about 24 hours) ... but it runs. The basement of the RV was wet (the carpet) ... the shed had lots of water in it, quite a few other things ... umbrella broken, broken storage boxes, etc. But ... all in all ... we were blessed! Daughter drove over from Gainesville, FL and brought us some things out of the RV to us in New Orleans and emptied the refrigerator and freezer. She stopped back over there today on her way back to Gainesville and the basement is no longer wet ... lots of Damp Rid buckets put in there. Shed roof has a blue tarp thanks to a contractor friend. Bella Terra sure got wounded ... several people did lose their RV's and cars from the flood, and several casitas were flooded ... I wish we could go help clean up, but, Dan is still unable to make the trip. Bella Terra will clean up and rebuild. And ... a miracle ... even with all that water, our RV will be fine ... a little body work, windshield replacement on our Ram ... and all will be well.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:25 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I am sorry to hear that Lynn. We have been planning to stay at BT on our way down to Florida, but at this time we are not sure if the resort will be open ( 10-4 through the 7th ). We would be pleased to help you and Dan out any way that we can. Les and Peggy
Les1951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:18 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Lynn so sorry to hear of your damage after all you and Dan have been through this year. Thank God it was not worse. Wishing the very best for you and Dan.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 11:34 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
More good news ... I just found out that Bella Terra now has power! And water .... so, Les, and anyone else wondering if y'all can stop there on the way to Florida ... I'm sure you can. It may look a bit battered ... the trees and hopefully the dreaded "blue tarps" will be gone shortly, but they are now open for business.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:24 PM   #8

Lynn, Amy & I had a similar experience back in the summer of 2010 with our then-new Tiffin Allegro Bus. We made a trip to Wisconsin for a family reunion event. Not many RV parks around Appleton where Amy grew up, but we were able to book a space in a park called Apple Creek Campground.

The name should have been a clue – the park is located alongside a nice little creek. During our second night in the park, the area was hit with a lot of rain. Around daybreak there was an insistent knock on our door. I opened the door and realized the nice little creek had become a river, flooding a good portion of the RV park!

As you can see in the photo below, the water level was well above the generator exhaust pipe, and high enough to put a fair amount of water into the basement storage compartments. We were able to vacate, but not without driving through two feet or more of water on our way out. The other exciting event was yanking a 50 amp power cord out of a hot outlet while standing in a foot & half or so of water. Fortunately I survived!

We drove to a large Walmart parking lot, fired the generator and emptied the storage compartments so they could dry out. The generator sounded kinda strange until it spit out all the water in the exhaust pipe, but it was fine after than (and for all the years we owned the coach thereafter).

Based on our experience and what you described, I believe your coach will be fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img 003.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	301663  
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 12:34 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Lynn, Amy & I had a similar experience back in the summer of 2010 with our then-new Tiffin Allegro Bus. We made a trip to Wisconsin for a family reunion event. Not many RV parks around Appleton where Amy grew up, but we were able to book a space in a park called Apple Creek Campground.

The name should have been a clue – the park is located alongside a nice little creek. During our second night in the park, the area was hit with a lot of rain. Around daybreak there was an insistent knock on our door. I opened the door and realized the nice little creek had become a river, flooding a good portion of the RV park!

As you can see in the photo below, the water level was well above the generator exhaust pipe, and high enough to put a fair amount of water into the basement storage compartments. We were able to vacate, but not without driving through two feet or more of water on our way out. The other exciting event was yanking a 50 amp power cord out of a hot outlet while standing in a foot & half or so of water. Fortunately I survived!

We drove to a large Walmart parking lot, fired the generator and emptied the storage compartments so they could dry out. The generator sounded kinda strange until it spit out all the water in the exhaust pipe, but it was fine after than (and for all the years we owned the coach thereafter).

Based on our experience and what you described, I believe your coach will be fine.
Wow! Thanks, I bet that was stressful. Yes, we will be fine. When my neighbor called me that Thursday morning and said that she didn't think our RV or Ram could be saved ... I broke out my insurance documents. I have paid for "Enhanced comprehensive coverage" ... which I thought would leave me in decent shape if it was totalled ... but no, it only applies to the rig for the first 4 years of ownership, of course we are in year 5. So, I was really relieved that the RV is going to be fine.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:54 PM   #10

Lynn, we were actually fortunate to have been able to bail out of the RV park when we did. One of Amy’s cousins is a dairy farmer and also serves a volunteer fireman. Not long after we left, he and a number of others were called out to effect a mandatory evacuation of the park. The terms of the evacuation were that everyone had to leave and no one was allowed to attempt getting their RV or vehicles out of the park. And based on what we heard later, the water level got significantly higher before it started receding.

I would not have been happy about that. Amy was already borderline hysterical, so I suspect we would have ended up in jail if they told us to get out and leave our motorhome and car behind!
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:15 PM   #11

If your generator tailpipe was under water than in all likelihood so was your Aquahot exhaust. I would suggest a call to a reputable Entegra facility to discuss the level that the water rose to on the coach and the potential systems that would be affected and need to be looked at. Terra Bella....are we are talking saltwater flooding from storm surge?
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:25 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead-54 View Post
If your generator tailpipe was under water than in all likelihood so was your Aquahot exhaust. I would suggest a call to a reputable Entegra facility to discuss the level that the water rose to on the coach and the potential systems that would be affected and need to be looked at. Terra Bella....are we are talking saltwater flooding from storm surge?
It was fresh water from our little lake. And yes, you are right, I'm not out of the woods yet with the gen and the aquahot, but a whole lot better than it could have been.
Old 09-20-2020, 03:33 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
The first picture is what normal is. Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	301670

This one was taken about 10:00 am on Thursday morning. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1267.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	301671

These were after the water went down quite a bit and they could get closer to the RV. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0226.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	635.5 KB
ID:	301672Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1270.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	544.1 KB
ID:	301673Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1273.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	561.6 KB
ID:	301674
Old 09-20-2020, 04:10 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the photo update. Sure hope everything dries out with no damage.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote