Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #15

I have the same one that Selah & MRUSA14. True, it's not tall enough to get on the roof. I position it to the side of the coach ladder& simply step over onto the coach ladder..
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #16

Sorry, I hit the send button. I recognize the Anthem doesn't have a ladder, so this particular model may not fit your particular needs. As mentioned, when folded it takes up about 5-6" square & fits nicely a top the slide out tray..
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:27 PM   #17

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgilmore View Post
Sorry, I hit the send button. I recognize the Anthem doesn't have a ladder, so this particular model may not fit your particular needs. As mentioned, when folded it takes up about 5-6" square & fits nicely a top the slide out tray..
Or....you can build a handy little ladder rack as I did..(see "Tell us about your Modifications")....
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Or....you can build a handy little ladder rack as I did..(see "Tell us about your Modifications")....
ALL of your mods are fantastic!!! Scott Hamilton and I were just talking about you and the outside TV mod you came up with.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:24 PM   #19

WHAT ABOUT THIS GUY EN131 Std 16 5 ft Aluminum Telescopic Telescoping Collapsible Ladder Extension | eBay
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #20

330 LBS capacity I think someone mentioned this one earlier
Old 01-24-2014, 07:59 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
I recently bought this one at Costco.

Little Giant Xtreme Ladder
I can't say enough good about the Little Giant Extreme. The top of my windshield is 12' off the ground, when I'm on level ground. That's not always the case. I shook and trembled on a couple of ladders because I didn't want to spend as much as the Little Giant cost. In a moment of fiscal weakness, I bought the Little Giant Extreme through a Costco special offer.

It's paid for itself in my peace of mind as I've used it. Rock solid, even on uneven ground. Way more solid than any of the other ladders I've used.

I'll admit that I've got a 'thing' for an unobstructed view. My windshield gets cleaned every day before I move it. One fall caused by a shaky ladder could cost way more than the price of the ladder.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #22
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I have been using this ladder for years and I love it. Folds into a small size for storage yet is strong and very stable.
7' Double-Sided Rung Ladder - GP Logistics SLD-D7 - Ladders - Camping World
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #23

toni I may need to get on the roof now and then
Old 01-25-2014, 04:59 AM   #24

I have the 7 foot ladder that Camping World sells for $149 delivered for sale,

7' Double-Sided Rung Ladder - GP Logistics SLD-D7 - Ladders - Camping World

It is 1 year old and used once. If interested, send a private email to me with your zip code and I will calculate a delivered price to you

Regards
Us3Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #25

Ladder and arm length

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
can ayone steer me to a decent yet portable convenient ladder thx 4 any help.

JOHNNYRENO,

Last year I bought the Werner collapseable ladder that was recc. by someone on this forum. It was from home depot and fits on my slide out tray on PS side. Here is the thing, it is a very heavy ladder which is a problem. But what I like about it, is I was able to buy the scaffolding for it also from HD on-line. So, since the ladder breaks down into two small ladders, I add the scaffold and have the ability to get up and wash the entire coach without my extendable wand so I can get hand pressure or use the wheel and also get 4-5 feet off the ground and walk across 6 ft. span. The series is identified by ML and then numbers to follow, such as ML 16, or ML 12. The problem here and most importantly, is that I let you know this ladder manufacturer considers a 16 footer including an average man's arm length! Is this dumb or what? So when I initially purchased the ladder and got it home, (which by the way was better to get on-line from HD and have free delivery to my home vs. driving to the store and lugging it home), it did not even get me high enough so I could climb on the roof of the coach as planned. So sure enough, I looked at the fine print and they incorporated the 12 number to include 2 1/2 feet arm length. Had to return it for bigger size. Anyway, good ladder and with the scaffold will let you safely manuever up high on coach for cleaning or maintenance. But being so heavy, I don't like even getting it out of the coach when I am here at home base. So, last week I had delivered to the house a used warehouse industrial ladder with top platform I got from e-bay to use on coach around the house here for cleaning and roof access, cheaper than the whole mobile set-up I just explained. It arrived damaged and as of now unusable and when weather gets better I will have to bend the metal and repair and submit claim to roadrunner freight. Bottom line, for the portable ladder that you are searching for, is that you check ladder heights before purchase to ensure they do not include "average man's arm length" for total height number and also check the weight of the ladder for manuevering that it is not too heavy, and the scaffolding will give you the ability to walk around up high on a long run.

Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
I can't say enough good about the Little Giant Extreme. The top of my windshield is 12' off the ground, when I'm on level ground. That's not always the case. I shook and trembled on a couple of ladders because I didn't want to spend as much as the Little Giant cost. In a moment of fiscal weakness, I bought the Little Giant Extreme through a Costco special offer.

It's paid for itself in my peace of mind as I've used it. Rock solid, even on uneven ground. Way more solid than any of the other ladders I've used.

I'll admit that I've got a 'thing' for an unobstructed view. My windshield gets cleaned every day before I move it. One fall caused by a shaky ladder could cost way more than the price of the ladder.

Take care,
Stu
Without a doubt, the Little Giant is probably the best ladder out there. However, When it is completed collapsed it is still relatively large. Where do you store it when travelling?
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #27

my concerns are compact also I wont use it very often but when I need it I don't want to have a whole lot of a bulky episode.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
toni I may need to get on the roof now and then
That was a key factor for me when choosing a ladder to carry in the MH. I had to repair an A/C unit in Tybee Island GA. The A/C guy that had the part did not have a ladder that would reach the roof. Thankfully I did. It only takes one time to "wish" the right ladder was on-board.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote