Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2017, 11:15 PM   #1

Best way to disconnect

Hpw yu unhook all batteries gotta open our pool and kids and grandkigs want to use it whats the best way to un hook all batteries as ithere is no power in the yard. THX be about 32 months btw 2014 anthem
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2017, 12:45 AM   #2

I had a battery disconnect installed in the compartment next to the battery compartment. Works great
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:54 AM   #3

If you are leaving your coach for a long time, I'd remove the batteries and place them on a battery tender. Absent that, I'd pull the negative house lead, then the positive, then electrically separate each battery from one another by removing all connecting cables.

I'd also put in something to repel rodents.

You've probably already got the fuel stabilizer as you know boats.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:04 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Disconnect negative cables to the batteries. There will be no power to anything inside or outside of the coach.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:45 AM   #5

post came out wrong as I was on cellphone ... 2 months time no power negatives from the house and from start batts will they both be near thx I have seen jump posts in front compartment. under driver chair plus start batts at rear just not sure about house battery tray, negative THX
Old 05-02-2017, 08:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
post came out wrong as I was on cellphone ... 2 months time no power negatives from the house and from start batts will they both be near thx I have seen jump posts in front compartment. under driver chair plus start batts at rear just not sure about house battery tray, negative THX
I recall being told by Spartan and tech at RV One to NOT use the two posts in the front compartment as "JUMP POSTS". You might want to confirm that before using them. Those posts are a long way from the chassis batteries and there are multiple devices between them that can be damaged. Makes you wonder why they placed them there though.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:01 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
I recall being told by Spartan and tech at RV One to NOT use the two posts in the front compartment as "JUMP POSTS". You might want to confirm that before using them. Those posts are a long way from the chassis batteries and there are multiple devices between them that can be damaged. Makes you wonder why they placed them there though.
Very interesting since that is exactly what the NIRVC YouTube videos say the posts are for...
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
Very interesting since that is exactly what the NIRVC YouTube videos say the posts are for...
I'm going to make a call and check on this. I'll post what I learn from Spartan either way.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #9

We were at the same class and Jeanne and Mike and we were told not to use these posts to jump start the coach.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:36 PM   #10

Best way to disconnect

Ok, called NIRVC, Angie checked with the experts in-house, and Entegra. The verdict is yes it is safe to use those posts to jump the coach and/or your towed WITH EXPLANATIONS. First, if you coach batteries are dead it will take being hooked up an hour or so to your auto to allow them to charge your batteries where flow from your auto will be sufficient to supplement the coach batteries to start that big, high compression Diesel engine. DO NOT USE A high amperage portable booster, as per Spartan the wiring run is too long and can cause major problems. This is the reason Spartan does not endorse using this method at any time and thus the reason to just simply want to stay consistent. The wiring is battery cable (not sure of the gauge) that goes all the way to the chassis batteries. To summarize it is fine to use jumper cables but it is NOT alright to use a booster box. I have personally used the back posts behind the back passenger door to jump my towed on several occasions and it works great. So the YouTube video is accurate WITH EXPLANATION but is not endorsed by Spartan for the stated reasons. With all this in mind, just do what you feel comfortable with. As usual, JMHO
Old 05-02-2017, 06:28 PM   #11

Can anyone let us know about disconnecting the battery tray so those don't drain I heard someone say remove the ground to store a couple months . but no location thx. in adavance
Old 05-03-2017, 01:52 AM   #12

ok im sure I can find it thx
Old 05-03-2017, 07:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Ok, called NIRVC, Angie checked with the experts in-house, and Entegra. The verdict is yes it is safe to use those posts to jump the coach and/or your towed WITH EXPLANATIONS. First, if you coach batteries are dead it will take being hooked up an hour or so to your auto to allow them to charge your batteries where flow from your auto will be sufficient to supplement the coach batteries to start that big, high compression Diesel engine. DO NOT USE A high amperage portable booster, as per Spartan the wiring run is too long and can cause major problems. This is the reason Spartan does not endorse using this method at any time and thus the reason to just simply want to stay consistent. The wiring is battery cable (not sure of the gauge) that goes all the way to the chassis batteries. To summarize it is fine to use jumper cables but it is NOT alright to use a booster box. I have personally used the back posts behind the back passenger door to jump my towed on several occasions and it works great. So the YouTube video is accurate WITH EXPLANATION but is not endorsed by Spartan for the stated reasons. With all this in mind, just do what you feel comfortable with. As usual, JMHO
Thank you for going to the effort to get this information. I came back with pretty much the same info from my research yesterday.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:39 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
Can anyone let us know about disconnecting the battery tray so those don't drain I heard someone say remove the ground to store a couple months . but no location thx. in adavance
Johnny,

At the back battery set on each tray (top and bottom) you will have at least 1 black negative cable for each tray (maybe more) running to the back wall behind the batteries. These are the cables that need to be disconnected to isolate the battery bank. Make sure everything is off, shore power disconnected, and battery disconnect switch at the door off.

When you reconnect the negative cable you will get a rather large spark when the capacitors in the inverters re-energize.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote