Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #15

Always amazed at the length people will go to trying to avoid a little work I use a good old fashioned towel. Just drape it over the wash brush to get the top where I can't reach.
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #16

Sandman I do the same but also have a large flat squeegee to get the bulk of the after off before I use the towel. The problem with that is it is very tough to use at home (Oklahoma). The weather is so hot and dry almost all summer and to mid fall that the water will dry and spot before you can get it off, even late into the evening. So I am thinking about building one of Chucks sticks to prevent that. All JMHO 🚌🚓

2016 Cornerstone 45B on order
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Old 08-06-2015, 11:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
For those that continue to email me wanting instruction..... they are posted here in a link on post #7. I made a special trip to Lowe's took photos of the items needed and posted current prices. Connect the pieces as shown in the photos and you have a spot free rinse unit. It's not that hard. Some made some pretty elaborate units, but simple is better when making a deionize unit. All you need to do is slow water flow over deionize resin beads and be able to spray it out at the other end.

In addition we are traveling and I do not have the file with me to email until Nov.

So, the idea here is to rinse the coach first with regular water and then go back over it with the DI water stick. Correct?
As for the beads, you are filling the 1" x 24" tube completely?

Rod
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #18
Community Moderator

This might do the job nicely ! Plus get rid of pesky leaves at the campsite, start a campfire with wet wood, etc ! 😃

http://t.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-120-mp...V2AH/205566046

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1438882681.084801.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	102288
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:55 AM   #19

Rod - That's the way I do it. You can rinse with the water stick but I rinse with tap water first to increase life of the resin. The PVC doesn't have to be packed tight but it needs to be completely full so water can not pass by the resin without contact and you need to keep the water flowing at a slow rate. I select mist on the wand I have and that seems to work about right. I used 1 1/4" PVC and sized it so it would hold a quart storage bag of resin. That makes it easy to carry spare resin if your on the road and will do the coach twice if the water is not too hard. The second or third time I used it was at Lazy Days in Tucson and I only got one use before needing to change the resin. Since then I put my On The Go water softener inline with the water stick and have always gotten at least two rinses on the coach and toad.
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:19 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkh View Post
So, the idea here is to rinse the coach first with regular water and then go back over it with the DI water stick. Correct?
As for the beads, you are filling the 1" x 24" tube completely?

Rod
I wash & rinse a section of the coach at a time, then rinse with the DI stick before the water dries and spots.

Yes, I loosely fill the tube with about a pound of resin. A sandwich bag full.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:22 AM   #21

Thanks for all the great responses!
Old 08-08-2015, 08:34 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
We just left Elkhorn Ridge RV Resort in SD where all of the Prevost and Newell owners where having their coaches washed as they came in off the road for bike week.

The wash services never pulled out a towel when they finished washing the MH's. I walked over and looked in the trailer and there were six large DI tanks with a Y valve hooked up to the pressure washer for the final rinse. I wish I would have thought to ask them where they got their resin buying it in that large of a quantity.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #23

Chuck, I've read the threads about the DI beads. Is this the stuff?

http://www.amazon.com/Deionization-R.../dp/B000X92KOC

Rod
Old 08-08-2015, 10:05 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
I can't say for sure. I bought mine at a water softener store close to my house. It is light amber in color and is used by commercial window washers for spot free rinse.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:05 AM   #25

Thanks again Chuck.. Haven't found anything cheaper than around $10 per pound on line. I would gladly pay that if I can get 3 rinses per pound. I'll call around to some of local water softener companies to see what I can find. My brother in law owned a few culligan dealerships and still has family connections so I'll check with him too. I believe all they provide is a filter assembly with the quick connect fittings.

Rod
Old 08-09-2015, 07:10 AM   #26

I just grab our Swiffer mop wrap a towel around it, and stuff it in the holes on the back. To stop it from flopping over, I drilled a couple holes through it and put a twist tie through the holes. Works great for me. I'll change out to micro fiber cloths for the windows.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I can't say for sure. I bought mine at a water softener store close to my house. It is light amber in color and is used by commercial window washers for spot free rinse.

Chuck, I want to thank you again for bringing your idea forward. I finally got mine put together. The sprayer nozzles come with a plastic screen. Did you use this screen and find that it did not prevent beads from getting to the sprayer head?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1439234450.065855.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	102757Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1439234470.642063.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	102758

Rod
Old 08-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Looks good! Simple and will work. The screen will keep the beads out of the head just fine. The beads will pack around the screen slowing the water flow down to where the DI beads can do their thing. Remember the color of your beads when they are new. When they turn dark it is time to change them.

I now have quick disconnected on my hose nozzle and DI tube, makes it much faster to switch back and forth as I do a 1/4 section the the MH at a time. I still use the hose shut off on the stick to slow the water flow into the DI tube.