Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #1

Black Tank/ flushing

I have a major problem and hope someone has a solution.
The red light has come on three times in the last 4 days and the toilet won't flush. I have emptied the black and flushed like 4 times two different times .
I know the tank is not full but the guage will jump from about 36% to 93%
then about 4 hours later the yellow light will come on and it will flush.
like three or four in the morning.
Could the hot sun cause gas to build up or is it something else?
the guages haven't been accurate for some time now .
I put some chemicals to clean the sensors and followed instructions but it hasn't worked either.
I'm afraid the red light will come on and not turn on yellow.
Thanks in advance.

Jim Thompson
2014 Entegra Anthem DEQ
Texas Jim 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2015, 01:16 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Could be bad sensors. Read this thread

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/bart...es-249008.html
Old 06-22-2015, 01:19 PM   #3

You don't say exactly what chemical you tried. I have used Happy Campers Extreem in the past with Very Good results if used as directed. If this stuff does not fix your problem, you likely have another issue that needs to be looked into.

Amazon.com: EXTREME CLEANER by Happy Campers - RV & Marine Extreme Tank & Sensor Cleaner 18 oz.: Automotive
Old 06-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Jim,

Your problem seems to be the same as mine. I filled the tank to 85%+ then added a small bottle of Dawn and drove 200-300 miles twice. Filled it to 100% in a park 2-4 times, let it set for a couple hours then drained it. I used the sprayer each time I drained it. The issue finally resolved. The Techma guy and Entegra CS suggested u had a pice of TP stuck to the inside surface snd it may take some time to persuade it to come off. Seems they were correct, it cleared up the last day we were in it about a week ago.

BTW, it will flush with the red light on, you just have to hold the flush button about 6 seconds.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:30 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
The method that TXBart is referring too is this one. It does work well for keeping the tank perfectly clean. doing this method for the first time, repeat until the water is perfectly clear. I do a complete flush ever second or third dump and I never have to use chemicals anymore
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
That method works but I had to help it along by driving with Dawn and a full tank a couple times first. 40-50% full doesn't work, it has to be 85-100% full.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:14 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I also fill my tank 95 to 100%. It been awhile since I watch the video but I think they went to 98%. Helping it along with Dawn is a good idea if a total tank flush has never been done before. Glad to hear that if fixed your problem for good Vance. After your post, I do a complete fill back flush more often now.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:18 AM   #8

Flora and I add one cup of Borax powder and one cup of dawn liquid every time after we dump the black tank (we mix in a gallon jug with water). No smell, no issues and we rinse the black tank every time after filling with rinse water to 95% or so. It takes about two or three fills to get completely clean water coming out. Takes a little time but worth it.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:51 AM   #9

alternative cleaner.

What about using dishwasher soap for cleaning the tanks? No suds and the stuff works well in the dish washer and doesn't hurt the plastic.

Just throw 4 or 5 of the dishwasher "pills" into the black tank before a drive with it nearly full. Seemed to really clean out the tank based on dump station observation and subsequent fresh water rinse.
jestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:22 AM   #10

I had the same Red light problem on my Anthem. I used Thetford Level Gage Cleaner following the directions twice before getting my green light back. I had always flushed the tank after dumping but "stuff" still builds up over time anyway.
rljacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:37 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post
What about using dishwasher soap for cleaning the tanks? No suds and the stuff works well in the dish washer and doesn't hurt the plastic.

Just throw 4 or 5 of the dishwasher "pills" into the black tank before a drive with it nearly full. Seemed to really clean out the tank based on dump station observation and subsequent fresh water rinse.
Are you doing it this way? It would be so much easier and more economical, I think, although our routine with the borax and Dawn works well.
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:49 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Don't forget that you can override the red light by holding the flush button 6 seconds.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
Are you doing it this way? It would be so much easier and more economical, I think, although our routine with the borax and Dawn works well.

The last few times I have done it this way and the tank seems to com pretty clean and all sensors work (knock on wood.) Since the dishwasher uses powder only I had a "spare" package of dishwasher tabs onboard and I used those. I try to time when I know we will be driving a good ways before a dump station and fill the tank before we leave out to get a complete flush of the tank. Seems to work for me and I'll keep using them.
jestal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank