Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2020, 08:07 PM   #43

Black tank overflow.

Ohhhhh yaaaaaahhh. Did that once. ( ok dammit, twice).

I have a 2000 Dutch Star DP. I found out the hard way. But thankfully not all bad news for me at least. It came out the roof vent. Pouring out. No harm done as it was clean water. I was on my third full tank flush. I usually set the timer on my phone. Some how I got separated from the phone and saw that is was suddenly “raining profusely from the roof! Don’t ask how it happened the second time ha ha.
Roadyacht1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2020, 08:23 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
If you are flushing your black tank and let it go to long where does it come out? Asking for a friend.....
Thanks
Van Sayler
2017 Anthem 44b
Shower in my case LOL.
RogueRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:38 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass Sumrall View Post
This thread puzzles me. I guess I assumed all Class A motor homes had the system I have on my Tiffen Allegro 32SA. Whenever I dump the black tank I pump fresh water into the tank through the fitting provided while dumping & it sprays the water into the top of the tank to rinse it as it flushes. I usually let the fresh water run for a couple of minutes after the main flush has finished. I have been doing that for 5+ yrs with no problems & no risk of over-filling the tank. Are other Class A's not designed this way?
I’ve learned to assume that even the same model coaches made by the same manufacturer in the same year, sometimes have different components and systems.

Ours sounds similar to yours. It’s called No Fuss Flush, and it really is. Even better, there’s no need to fill the tank 3 times to get satisfactory results.

You’d think these fancy pants rigs would at least have a tank level sensor to close a valve before the, you know what, hits the fan. An auto-fill feature for fresh water tanks has been around for at least 15 years. Just leave a pressurized garden hose connected to the tank fill fitting and it adds water when the tank gets low and shuts it off before it overflows. By now there should be a phone app for these things.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 12:46 AM   #46

Scary thought that's why I use a gauge on my hose to monitor the water going in the tank flush. My black tank holds 50 gallons.
tileguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:41 AM   #47

There is an audible alarm when your wife starts screaming!
Grandpa5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 02:20 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
In the 44B it will come up through the mid-bathroom sink. And yes I did it. I was trying to fill the black tank with water using the tank flush and as usual I got distracted and...... Fortunately it was fairly clear water.

I all of this brings up the question why is there not an audible alarm function on the tank monitors?

Oh but there is an audible alarm...
Reminds me of Old Faithful splashing down on a 55 gal barrel. Just answering for a friend
2 Dog Shuffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcphil_98 View Post
Van:

Here is another option. It is hard to see, but there is a back flow preventer between the Y with the valves and the hose going to the black flush.

Many, including dealers and the factory, do not recommend this set up because of the potential problems our "friends" have encountered. There is not automatic shutoff.
No way I'm hooking my black tank rinse to my fresh water intake.
Marta1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:46 AM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Had a 2004 Journey, comes out the vent on the roof. Went away for the day, thought I turned water off actually turned flush on, neighbors called no damage except for my feelings at what hubby had to say.lol
Old 07-04-2020, 11:18 AM   #51

Ya all need to get out more........lol
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:19 AM   #52

I would use a water flow meter to know how far from hitting full tank I am. I currently use one of these meters to gauge how much water I put in my freshwater tank.
corgum13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:24 PM   #53

Ford Super Duty Owner
X2.......
Only a 2 cent nylon valve washer stopping the flow in the wrong direction.
Not to mention, the slow trickle leak past the "y" connectors that could be filling your black tank without you realizing it..."yikes".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marta1907 View Post
No way I'm hooking my black tank rinse to my fresh water intake.
Tlmr4784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:10 PM   #54

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
Black tank overfill

So with all of this said, what is the best way to clean the sensors and keep those system reading more accurate? One friend of mine said every few trips fill the tank with Borox and hot water, then empty it after driving for a few hours. Not sure about that.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:08 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshalone View Post
So with all of this said, what is the best way to clean the sensors and keep those system reading more accurate? One friend of mine said every few trips fill the tank with Borox and hot water, then empty it after driving for a few hours. Not sure about that.

I use 1/2 cup of dawn liquid detergent and a cup of Calgon (both from Walmart). Add to the tank flush water right before departure. The sloshing on the drive with tank 1/4 to 1/3 full seems to keep sensors quite clean . Never had a problem knock on wood!
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:56 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshalone View Post
Some sensors are affixed to the exterior of the tank. Cleaning products and interior tank rinsing protocols will have little to no impact on their functionality.

Unless there is an automatic shut-off system in place, pumping pressurized water into a closed tank requires a certain degree of monitoring. The common denominator in these mudslide stories seems to be a lack of attentiveness.

I does make for good fireside stories.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank