Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2023, 11:18 AM   #1

Bolt, Aqua Hot, tow brake

If you read my last issue about the missing bolt in the tag, a suggestion was made to get a 3-axle alignment. So that will be my next step.
Next question, my LP Aqua Hot will not start from the interior switch. I have to remove the access cover on the AH press the safety switch 7,8,9 times before it fires. Each time i press the switch it ignites but burners won't stay on. Once it finally fires it works fine. Contacted AH they referred me to Air-Xcel, contacted them, the tech sent a message back to check the owner's manual if that doesn't help take it to an authorized dealer. Well, that's a lot of help!!! So, if anyone has a clue where to start looking be much appreciated.
Next, next question bought a Roadmaster Brake Master aux. brake from a friend. He said he thinks I can use 1/4 drip host for the airline from the coach to the car. Has anyone heard of that?? Not sure that is a good idea..
Thanks ahead for input.
JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2023, 11:40 AM   #2

You can bypass the safety switch by unplugging and placing a fuse on the two spade connectors. That will at least tell you if the safety switch is bad.

At least on the diesel AH you can but would assume the safety switch is the same for the LP version.
jeff.herren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 11:58 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Can't help with your question but I'm curious where you go for service in the Mariposa area.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 12:43 PM   #4

Safety switch? Is this the switch located on the case cover at the bottom right? Using a fuse as a jumper is a new idea for me....I like it!

John
2015 44b
400 lp Aquahot
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 01:46 PM   #5

Just left Spartan in Charlotte, MI and they mentioned the U Bolts on the rear axles need to be re-torqued per their chassis instructions - never saw that one. A fellow Anthem owner was there getting service and his were lose. I had a brake line rubbing onto the frame and it was almost through.
RandyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 05:42 PM   #6

Switch is not the problem, tested with a meter. My problem is the pilot will light start but the burner does not.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:46 PM   #7

used Rv Country but never again, used Cummins in Fresno but pricey, Valley Power also Fresno. Fluids, filters and zerk fittings I do myself..
Old 04-19-2023, 06:02 PM   #8

Drip line for an air brake line, absolutely not. Needs to be dot approved plastic brake line. Very cheap. Any Napa truck supply will be able to sell it to you. Just make sure you know what size
Old 04-20-2023, 06:35 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr8havoc View Post
Just left Spartan in Charlotte, MI and they mentioned the U Bolts on the rear axles need to be re-torqued per their chassis instructions - never saw that one. A fellow Anthem owner was there getting service and his were lose. I had a brake line rubbing onto the frame and it was almost through.
I stopped at NIRVC to have my Spartan recalls done on my way to Entegra for my AIR. They are aware of the rear bolts tightening in 5,000 miles and have all of the equipment and special torque wrench to do the job. I was lucky, there was a recall on my coach so Spartan got the bill. But it is standard an all opf the new coach I have purchased.
I have the front end aligned and the bolts checked as soon as I bring a coach home. I also have my shop do a chassis lube, they have all been dry from the factory.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 07:17 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryF View Post
Switch is not the problem, tested with a meter. My problem is the pilot will light start but the burner does not.
So AH sent you to Airxcel? That implies AH thinks there is an issue with the thermostat or wiring?

Is your AH the 375LP or 400LP? I don't know about the 400, but on my 375 (on my 2013) I had a similar problem. The wiring was connected via a euro block (the kind with screws that clamp down on the wire) and one of the wires was partially clamped on the insulation making it intermittent.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 07:54 AM   #11

There are three or four guys that are AquaHot Techs that travel to all/most FMCA rallies who are excellent. I have used DeGerald AquaHot service for 7 or 8 years and although Lloyd is turning his business over to his son Bryan, I have been very impressed with them both and Bryan is as good as his dad. I trust both of them explicitly. They live is Arkansas not too far off of I-30 so if you are passing their way, they can fix you up at their house.

NIRVC has also been competent at fixing my AH problems when they develop and are my "go-to" if the DeGeralds are not available to me.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 09:31 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
So AH sent you to Airxcel? That implies AH thinks there is an issue with the thermostat or wiring?

Is your AH the 375LP or 400LP? I don't know about the 400, but on my 375 (on my 2013) I had a similar problem. The wiring was connected via a euro block (the kind with screws that clamp down on the wire) and one of the wires was partially clamped on the insulation making it intermittent.
While it may be a thermostat issue, I wonder if AquaHot may have been pushing the matter up the chain since AquaHot is now "An AIRXCEL Brand" (https://www.aquahot.com/default.aspx).
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 11:29 AM   #13

There is a switch made by the same manufacturer that also pulls out. And stays out. I put one on so I could run the aquahot with the cover out.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 05:38 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
For the Aquahot 400lp try turning on the electric switch and allowing the boiler fluid to warm up then turn the burner switch on. My gas burner will not stay lit until my boiler fluid is hot. I have a new temperature switch that I will install to see if that corrects the problem. My system works fine once the boiler fluid is warm.

Herb
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqua hot, brake, tow, tow brake