Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2015, 07:05 AM   #15

Here is what we did.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/2014/05...-2013.html?m=1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2015, 08:33 AM   #16

The bourbon trail concept is so popular that the horse farm owners in the bluegrass are in the process of creating the "Thoroughbred trail"

Horse farm owners, tourism officials work together to launch Thoroughbred trail | Travel | Kentucky.com
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knob Creek View Post
Thanks to all for the great input. I'll report back after I take the trip next week on my way from FL to Breman and Middlebury for some warranty work.
I'd be VERY interested in reading your report... We are looking into the possibility of doing the Bourbon Trail in May..

Thanks !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:23 AM   #18

Folks,

Once again, thanks for your input on places to stay. I chose White Acres CG just west of Bardstown on old farm land.. This CG is very convenient to the different distilleries and other attractions in the area. It is situated on the top of a hill and some of the sites are hard to get level on and some are very level. (Site #2 is laser level). It is hilly, good 50 AMP, and satellite friendly. Wi-Fi is poor. This CG is bare bones. Nothing modern about it. It has gravel sites, lots of grass and can be muddy after a hard rain. But, it’s a good home base for day trips to the surrounding distilleries. Good Sam discount. $33.00/night.

Other stops along the way north from Florida included:

Twin Oaks RV Park situated in Elko, GA, south of Perry. This was a good overnight stop. The park is small, clean, friendly, and convenient to I-75 at Exit 127. $20.00 PPA

The Walmart in Kimball, TN is a good stop.

Cave Country RV Park in Cave City, KY. This was a great little park convenient to Interstate I-65 at Exit 53. Level, good 50 AMP, satellite friendly, Wi-Fi, quick registration, and easy in and out. Good Sam/FMCA discount. $36.00/night.

Happy trails.
Knob Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:01 AM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
We also stayed at White Acres Campground just outside of Bardstown. Bare-bones with gravel sites decent water and excellent 50 amp service.

Pat
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:06 AM   #20

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I drove through the "My Old Kentucky State Park" RV Park in Bardstown with thoughts of staying there in the future. I wouldn't recommend putting anything big in there. The sites are short, the utilities far from the parking pad, not satellite friendly, and the only level site was occupied by the Camp Host.
Knob Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #21

Hello...

Figured I'd give my recap of the Bourbon Trail...

We had 4 RV's and decided to stay at KY Horse Park Campground... What a wonderful place... the sites were big and paved (which was a big deal as we brought the motorcycles).. They were also clean and nicely spaced out so you didn't feel you were on top of your neighbor..

On Friday we took an awesome ride thru the horse farms scattered throughout the greater Lexington area and visited Woodford Reserve Distillery... Very nice tour, very nice people.. After Woodford Reserve, our tour guide gave a suggestion for BBQ.. We went to Staxx BBQ located in Frankfort.. WOW, the brisket was amazing... after we filled our bellies, we took a ride down to Lawrenceburg, KY and visited Wild Turkey.. We got there too late, so all we did was visit the gift shop.. very cool place..

As for Saturday.. unfortunately it rained and we didn't make it to the Bardstown area.. the plan was Jim Beam and Makers Mark.. all of us had our bikes, so it was a no-go due to rain.. we just hung around the campground and made the best of it.. a good time was had by all.. and it gives us a reason to do it all over again next year..

We were blessed with a beautiful Sunday morning.. while some of our group had to get going, the rest of us decided to take a quick ride before heading home.. we knew we didn't want to go to far.. so we decided to visit Keeneland Race Track.. WOW, what a beautiful place... definitely add this to your list when visiting the area..

All in all.. a great weekend and a must add to your bucket list... such a beautiful area to visit and explore..

Finally, I'd like to give a shout out to "Woody" and his wife Sue... They were traveling in a gorgeous Aspire in the site next to ours.. we struck up a conversation when I complimented him on his coach.. they were on their way to Spartan training, making the trip from FL.. we invited them over to our campfire on Friday night and had a great time.. I hope he has a good week at Spartan and I hope they enjoyed the Skyline Chili care package.. Great guy.. fun to hang out with..
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:49 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Nice write up! Glad you enjoyed our Bluegrass!